Mothering Forum banner

Wow I'm so sensitive/sad/p'd off right now!

510 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mamamelia 
#1 ·
I love animals, don't get me wrong, but I also love eating them and am a bit surprised at how emotional I got today.

My landlord came over and cut a tree down in our backyard. I have no earthly idea why. Later my daughter and her friend caming running in, excited to tell me about the baby birds they found.

There lying on the ground in the roasting sun where the tree used to be were 4 baby birds. 3 of them were still in the nest while the 4th lay broken and bleeding beside it. I burst into tears. I am so mad! How could someone just cut down a tree without looking for life in it first? The mama is flying around, disoriented. THe poor little babies are so helpless!

So I set up a sheet for shade over them, and when my dd wakes up from her nap I will be taking the birdies to the Humane Society, where they will be raised and set free when they are ready to fly.

My heart is breaking right now for the mama bird who's babies are going to be taken away from her.
:
:
:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.