Boy or Girl? (For those finding out via u/s) - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Boy or Girl? Intuition right or wrong?
We're having a boy! 21 100.00%
We're having a girl! 14 100.00%
My intuition was totally right! 13 100.00%
My intuition was totally wrong! 16 100.00%
I didn't have a strong intuition one way or the other. 9 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We found out this morning that baby #3 is also boy #3! I was thinking this one was a girl, but I'm really not at all surprised that he's a boy (all of my pre-pregnancy visions of this baby were of another boy, and the name that came to me was a boy's name). He looked great on the u/s (and very familiar, if it's possible to tell at all what a baby looks like on an u/s), and I'm feeling more excited than ever to hold him in my arms.

Anyway, I'm wondering what the sex stats. are for our ddc (for those finding out), and if your predictions turned out to be right or not.

Happy, healthy babies for all!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#2 of 24 Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 PM

Well, I knew all along in my heart that this one was a boy...and oddly enough so did most of my close friends So, my intuition was right-on - woohoo!
#3 of 24 Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 PM

Yay for three boys! My first three were boys and I thought every time they were going to be girls. It should have been a clue to me when I thought this baby (a girl!) was definitely going to be a boy. I have backwards intuition!

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 24 Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM

I too have backwards intuition.

I have called it he for the preg up to now, but I knew it was a girl.....if that makes sense.

We are expecting a little girl.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#5 of 24 Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri
Yay for three boys! My first three were boys and I thought every time they were going to be girls. It should have been a clue to me when I thought this baby (a girl!) was definitely going to be a boy. I have backwards intuition!
I am the oposite.. after three girls, we're having a boy!!
#6 of 24 Old 06-23-2006, 09:39 PM

We couldn't really tell at our u/s at 12.5 weeks. The tech saw a speck, the doc saw a speck, we saw a speck, but . The tech and the doc both said 80% probability that the baby is a boy. (I mention the tech and the doc separately because they each did a scan while the other wasn't in the room.)

With dd, I really wanted a girl and dh *really* wanted a girl. He wants a girl again--he's a teacher and I guess he thinks boys are bigger headaches or something. Personally, I want to have a boy at some point. For whatever reason, I don't think MY son will be a headache.

We'll find out (if baby cooperates) July 7th!
#7 of 24 Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 AM
rad

I found out on Tuesday. With my other 3, I was totally right. This one, I was completely wrong. I thought we were having a baby girl, but we most definitely have a baby boy in there.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#8 of 24 Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 AM

I wanted a girl so bad there was no way my intuition could tell me anything. We didn't see any body parts on the ultrasound but the tech said she got a glimpse of a penis in passing. So I say 75% certainty that it's a boy. I'm so sad.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#9 of 24 Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow a ton of boys! I'm anxiously waiting until July 6 when we'll hopefully find out. It was originally scheduled for July 10, but my DH called me and asked if I could get it rescheduled since he was going to have to leave for a business trip that day, so I called the OB's office and they're closed on Fridays (July 7), so I got to move it from Monday to Thursday prior. Yipee!

I really think this one is a girl, but we'll see. I keep calling the baby "she", and just can't bring myself to call it a "he". I have one boy already, and he's so much fun! So either way, I'll be happy. With my boy, I knew he was a boy. I had girl dreams (girl CAT dreams, actually), but I still knew he was a boy, and I called him "he" all the time. We'll see if intuition is right a 2nd time or not!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#10 of 24 Old 06-26-2006, 01:00 PM

we're having a boy as well!
i didn't have a strong intuition with this baby like i did with dd (i just felt she was a girl).
#11 of 24 Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM

I knew from the very start it was a boy. I don't know, something just told me.... I believe in "ask and ye shall receive" and I truly wanted a boy this time. Everyone else in my family including DH wanted a girl but too bad.... Momma gets what momma wants....IT'S A BOY!!!!
#12 of 24 Old 06-26-2006, 11:22 PM

Kyle is having a baby sister!! So it's not a cat after all!! Everyone guessed girl since it was so different than my first pregancy.
#13 of 24 Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 AM

I just knew with all of my babies... with these 2 i had no clue... i think its because i have no maturnal instincts with them because I am not there mother... just the carrier.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#14 of 24 Old 07-04-2006, 11:11 AM

right!!
It wasn't an overwhelming feeling or anything, but I thought maybe it was. I even had bought a really boyish outfit just before we found out and I was thrilled when I knew we could use it...he he...of course, earlier in the pregnancy I had bought a few girl things, as I didn't have such a strong feeling then. :-)

I'm happy and thrilled and would have been happy either way. It would have been nice to have a girl too since we have a little boy but then again, it is thrilling to have another boy. So whichever way I look at it, it is all good.
My son is SO excited to have a brother and that really helps build my excitement too!
Erica
#15 of 24 Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 PM

I forgot to vote on my tuition part, I was totally right! I knew she was a girl from the very beginning.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#16 of 24 Old 07-06-2006, 04:27 PM

I had an appt at 1pm and was going to find out the gender, but alas, my doctor has an emergency C-section! So I'm rescheduled for 3:45pm. The wait is KILLING ME!!!!!!! :

So hopefully I'll be able to vote in this poll tonight.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#17 of 24 Old 07-06-2006, 05:20 PM

good luck, vera! ( i am on diaper divas,too!)

we just got back from ours and we are having another boy! it was a surprise to say the least- but we are happy and the babylooks great! now i can work on some diapers and knitting!!!

wendy- blessed mama of 8 (baby girl: Zia  4/7/2013

#18 of 24 Old 07-06-2006, 09:08 PM

Well, another BOY for me!!!!

The doctor pointed out the scrotum and penis and said "He's a BIG boy!" So the current names for baby would be "Well Hung" and "Long Wang"...

#19 of 24 Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM

We are having girl (#3!!!)

I thought for SURE it was a boy but 100% certain she is a she (amnio).

We actually found out a few weeks ago but it took a good week or so for it to sink in that it was a reality, I was SO certain it was a boy!

Now the search for the perfect name begins......
#20 of 24 Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 PM

My intuition was right on! I never had a doubt and I had dreamt about my baby three times... each time he was a boy. I already have his name picked out but I am not sharing until he is born. I am very excited even though I would have thought that raising a girl on my own would be more familiar (since I already have experience being a girl). I just want him to be healthy and have a safe arrival.
#21 of 24 Old 07-08-2006, 11:26 PM

Congratulations! After 3 girls, we are FINALLY having a little boy. I'm a bit scared, tho.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#22 of 24 Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 AM

We found out yesterday that it's a girl, we were both sure it would be another boy! i'm very excited!!

Trying to live life to the fullest.....with DH,  2 fun kids, and a wild dog. 

#23 of 24 Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

So, I know enough people haven't answered this poll for it to be statistically significant, really, but I find it *very* intriguring that the intuition part of the poll is going totally 50-50 (same # of people were right about the sex as were wrong). Makes me think maybe there is no mother's intuition about this sort of thing. . . Which is a weird thing to think since I DO believe in mother's intuition, but perhaps it just can't be applied in this situation?

Any other thoughts on this?

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#24 of 24 Old 07-12-2006, 10:31 PM

We just found out today that we are having a boy!!!! My intuition was wrong but my DP's was right.....he figured it would be a boy!!! So that means we have a 6 year old girl, and a 3 year old boy and awaiting a boy peanut!!! Soooooo excited!! We didn't find out with the first two so we thought we would try something different this time around!! Now we can try out different boy names each week until one sticks!!!!

Happy pregnancies to all!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page