Who will be cloth diapering??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-27-2006, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetesss
I'm planning to CD with my first...dh is skeptical, thinks its "weird" but I figure the cost factor will win him over (plus the fact that most of the dipes will be changed by me anyway!).

I was considering using one of these "test drive packages":

http://www.sunshinediapers.com/WebSt...=index&cPath=7

but I'm not sure...would it be cheaper to just buy a variety of diapers from ebay or something to experiment with rather than this test drive set?
I looked at Sunshine Diapers and I'm really impressed with them. I think her idea of test-driving diapers is brilliant! Of course, the initial outlay of $225 for a set of newborn diapers is a lot. That would have scared dh when we were buying cloth when I was pg the first time. He was against cloth, and even surveyed women he works with to find others who hadn't liked cloth. (Yes, he found several, but they'd only used prefolds, pins, and rubber pants, so their opinions were irrelevant to me. ) But the great thing about the Sunshine idea is that you *return* the set and get $170 credit for it, so you're really only spending $55 for newborn diapers. Then you would use your $170 store credit to buy whatever you liked best in a larger size. If you opted to go with prefolds and Bummi's, your $170 could almost certainly get you all the way to potty training. AND you get to use some fitted diapers in the newborn stage to contain the runny breastfed poo!

As far as my story goes, we're planning to CD this next baby, most definitely! We used CD with dd from the time she was a couple weeks old. I've tried a lot of different things. I've really loved prefolds and Bummi's for the vast majority of use, but we've always used Sugarpeas hemp with microfleeced-topped soakers for night-time. That way, dd doesn't feel as wet at night and doesn't need to be changed at the drop of a hat.

For this next babe, I'm trying to figure out what we'll use, so I can get more dipes, especially for the newborn period. Part of it is we think we're having a boy and some of my dipes are girly. Of course, it doesn't really matter, but it is a good reason to buy more fluff! Also, I resold the NB covers to a friend, so I need more of those anyway.

My other big project right now is learning to knit soakers--I'm taking a class in how to do that with Pamelamama right now here:
http://woolywonder.com/store/index.p...f0e1ff6a5d8e05
So glad I saw the ad on MDC!
#32 of 35 Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 PM

We've been CDing our DS for almost a year. We use FB and KL, with a variety of covers. I love Proraps, and a wool wrap.

I can't wait to CD a newborn! My favorite CD website, www.zannadu.com, has a great newborn prefold package with a good variety of covers that I plan to buy, as well as a dozen or so KL Size 0 and a few bumGenius (which I'm dying to try!!). There are a lot of websites out there that show you how to fold a prefold in different ways to help contain the BF poo, and the Proraps are cheap enough that you can buy a whole bunch, enough to change frequently if they get stuff on them. I've also already bought a dozen small FB when they were on clearance, and plan to use those as soon as I can. When the baby's a few months old, I'll probably get into experimenting with all the other fun ones out there.

I keep nagging DH to get the baby's room cleared out so we can paint, etc. and get it ready. I need to start buying my stash!

Check out the Diapering forum here; they're very helpful and can answer many of your questions.
#33 of 35 Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I keep nagging DH to get the baby's room cleared out so we can paint, etc. and get it ready. I need to start buying my stash!
same here. I have a post it of the sites I want to buy from when we get cleaned out stuck on the monitor. It doesn't help that the baby's "room" (she/he'll be sleeping with us for the first year so more like the baby stuff room) houses the computer and over 800 books...definitely a project for the mr.
#34 of 35 Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM

We will be using cloth and EC this time around.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#35 of 35 Old 07-04-2006, 11:32 AM

I have some of my sister's dipes from when her toddler was a little guy, and I've also bought a few different kinds of diapers on ebay to try out. I'm trying simons custom cloth, growing greens, under the nile, ecobaby and sckoon. Mostly I just have a few of each. I also have a lot of bummi wraps but I'm not sure if I will use them since I might do wool. I'll probably just give them back to my sis so she can sell them. But some of them are so darn cute I want to try them too.

All the diapers are so adorable!! I can see I am going to get msyelf in lots of trouble here. I hope I am good at this cloth diapering gig because I really really want to do it.
It seems yucky to put my son in paper...I can't believe I did it without the blink of an eye with my first son. I just never even knew about the possibilities of cloth then.
Erica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page