Anyone else not feeling movement yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK...I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but is anyone else not feeling movement yet? I'm about 20 weeks along and haven't really felt anything yet. At least nothing that I've distinguished as "movement".

This is my second child but apparantly the placenta is attached in the front and my MW said that is probably keeping me from feeling movement. I heard the h/b about two weeks ago and I can feel my uterus at about the right height for this stage so I'm thinking that I am just being paranoid. I'm also thinking that since my first child is almost six years old, that I may have forgotten what early movement feels like and not noticing it even though it's there.

Anyone else not feeling movement yet?

Kathy

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 PM

Hi mama!

It sounds as though we're in a really similar situation; I too have anterior placenta, and although I *am* feeling movements they are very 'soft' and a lot harder to detect with dd (who had a posterior placenta).

I find that I have to really make myself sit down quietly and have a big glass of juice and then...wait......the movements tend to be either very low down (think, just above the pubic bone) or to the sides of my uterus; certainly nothing at all in the middle.

I suspect that our babes are kicking up a storm in there, but a lot of the kicks are either towards the back, or they're getting cushioned by that lovely soft placenta.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:23 PM

oh, I forgot to add, I'm at 20w 4d today
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Mama. I'm 19wks and only felt distinguishable movement once. Otherwise it's more like "Hmmmm, was that a movement??". I know all is well since I just had an ultrasound last Friday. I think the tech said my placenta was anterior too (though not 100% positive on that).

With pregs #1 & 2 I remember feeling earlier.

I wouldn't worry. Before you know it, you won't be able to sleep from all the kicking!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:36 AM

I'm 20w3d today, and unless I'm really looking for it (laying down, quiet room, etc), I still have only felt a handful of movements. I'm not having an u/s, so I have no idea where my placenta is. But I have found the heart beat a couple times with the fetoscope, so that keeps me calm I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling tapping now and then while doing other things, but it's still few and far between. This is #2 for me, too... and I remember from reading his journal that I was feeling a lot more movement by now.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks - glad I don't seem to be the only one. It just seems like most other people I know at this stage are feeling someting, but I was pretty sure I was just being paranoid.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!

User Tag List