Anybody for the weekly chat? w/o July 3~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas and mamas in waiting!

How's everybody doing? What are you/did you do for the holiday? Paxye, did you enjoy Canada Day? Anybody go to the fireworks?
We were lucky enough to be invited to a friend's cottage on a small lake; dd spent probably 6 hours paddling and playing with her bucket and shovel. It was hot, but not tooooo hot, thank goodness!
Managed to spend a little time in the yard yesterday, but I'm finding that I get a *lot* more tired than I'm used to; simple things like bending and kneeling to pull weeds are definitely getting more awkward DD has taken to poking at my (now weird) belly button and telling the baby that she's talking to him : She's also saying that there's a baby in her bellybutton, but that it's not going to come out

I finally cracked, and bought something for the new sprout; thank you TP! I know it's still early, but we don't have a lot of $$$, so I'm trying to get a few things at a time, rather than have to get everything in one go...My favourite consignment store starts accepting Fall clothing this month, so hopefully I'll be able to find a few bits and pieces there (they even have dipes!), and take some of dd's outgrown things in too...

I have my first meeting with a new OB on Friday -stupid, I know, but I'm really nervous. I hope that we have common values; I really want to try for VBAC, but there's a chance I'll be referred to the High Risk Clinic so keep your fingers crossed for me :

So, how's everyone else doing?
#2 of 6 Old 07-04-2006, 01:28 PM

Here's my pregnancy brain kicking in - I'm looking at the subject thinking, "Why are we doing a weekly chat without the 3rd?" I often forget that w/o is week of!

We're doing well - nothing monumental here. We've been forgetting to take our weekly belly shots for 3 weeks now... finally did that last night (but we do bare belly shots - I'm not so thrilled with posting that much skin online - I'll get some clothed ones on here soon).

For Independence Day, one of our members has a yearly party and they invited us again. We'll go to their house for a big potluck dinner/dessert, then we'll drive out to their farm for fireworks. I'm a little worried about the bugs with my son - and we're too far away that it wasn't possible to get out to the stores that sell the Burt's Bees stuff since being invited. I'm going to try putting Skin So Soft on his stroller and hope that helps... maybe some vanilla on his clothing cuffs...

Otherwise, all's good! I'm going to a different doctor for my prenatal tomorrow. I wasn't really wanting to even go this month since I know what I'm doing and my doctor is on vacation... but she asked me to see someone else this month rather than skip. I really like my doctor and we have a great and trusting relationship - and all my visits are covered under one copay so it won't cost me anything, really. I keep consoling myself with the fact that I've met this doctor before at urgent care and she was trained by my doc - and if I don't like her... I never have to see her again =) I just really hope she won't try selling me on all sorts of tests and stuff because I don't feel like fighting (but I will) and my husband won't be there.

Thanks for starting the new thread!
#3 of 6 Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 PM

Everything is going great here. For all my worries that I'm not growing fast enough, I have pretty much become visibly pregnant in the last week. It's awesome.

And I feel amazing! After feeling so terrible for such a long time in the beginning I now finally understand why people do this more than once ... it's great! The baby's in there kicking away and I'm starving and loving food like a maniac. I spent a lot of my life suffering from eating disorders so to really be LOVING food is a huge deal for me. I've never felt anything like it and I believe that this could be a turning point in my entire relationship with eating.

And marriage. Oh it's an amazing thing to have been married to my most amazing best friend and favorite person in the world for almost an entire week and a half now. We've been having so much fun together and been closer than we've been in a long time. It's amazing and wonderful and I am so, so, so happy.

Mmmmm-hmmmmm (contentedly leans back, rubs belly, and grins).

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#4 of 6 Old 07-04-2006, 03:50 PM

22 weeks here...gained NO WEIGHT in the past 4 weeks but I'm huge. I can't believe how big I am. I am not getting the huge pudgy face I got with my other two kids. Its very wierd! Part of this I think must be becasue its summertime. I have never been big pregnant in the summer before. My other two kidos are spring babies. DS has mostly weaned, he only nurses in the morning one time now. I'm starting to think about sleeping with the new babe. I think we are going to have to get a co-sleeper for this one while he/she is small since ds still sleeps with us. That's fine with me

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#5 of 6 Old 07-07-2006, 05:54 PM

hello everyone... been out of the loop for a little while as I was in VT for 8 days... we are all still recovering, we exhausted ourselves quite thoroughly. My whole body feels like jello. But it is good, we had a great trip. I soaked up the moisture because we are dried out desert rats here in NM.... I'm 21w4d, and I think I may have made up for lack of weight gain on our trip because we ate so much dairy! Ben and Jerry's, delicious yogurt, mmmmm.... and for anyone who hasn't gotten their swap gift yet, it may be that I am your partner.... so sorry for the delay! it will be coming soon!
#6 of 6 Old 07-07-2006, 07:15 PM

I'm 23 weeks now. I am getting pretty uncomfortable. I am still gaining a lot and I do believe I'm trying to beat a record there. I have almost gained as much as I did my whole preg w/ my ds (and I weigh almost as much as I did when I was 9 mths preg with my dd ) , although I did start out my preg w/ him 20 Ibs heavier than I did with this one.
My ds is turning 5 next week. I just can't believe it really.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page