Sometimes I LOVE being pregnant. . . - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have definitely hit the blissfully pregnant phase of this pregnancy (not sure I ever really experienced it last time with my twin pregnancy). I'm tired, but I've gotten a burst of great nesty-creative energy that keeps me smiling and motivated. I love feeling my babe wiggle and kick all day long. I love looking obviously pregnant and getting smiles everywhere I go, BUT not being uncomfortable yet do to my belly size. I don't feel particuarly sick or especially hungry, and eating is a mostly pleasant experience! I am getting really excited for this baby, and everyone says I am glowing. . .

Aside from the horrendous heartburn, I think I could happily be 21 weeks pregnant forever. . .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#2 of 5 Old 07-06-2006, 08:03 PM

It's always great to hear about a Happy pregnant woman
I'm in a good place myself at 20 weeks, I haven't gained as much weight yet as the last one, still wearing regular pants, no more constipation (thank goodness: )No more tired beyond belief & nauseaus! and lets not forget No period to deal with that is one of the sweetest parts of being preggo
#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
I love feeling my babe wiggle and kick all day long.
I too just looooove that wiggly kicking throughout the day. I'm enjoying them now before they get too fierce and up into my ribs and all.

Lex, at this stage did you notice a whole lot more kicking when you had twins? I'm curious as to how twins would feel as compared to a singleton.
#4 of 5 Old 07-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihelinka
.. and lets not forget No period to deal with that is one of the sweetest parts of being preggo
I am loving having no period! I guess the bleeding after the birth is a consequence of all of these period free months.
#5 of 5 Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetesss
Lex, at this stage did you notice a whole lot more kicking when you had twins? I'm curious as to how twins would feel as compared to a singleton.
Actually, I feel this baby a whole lot more than I felt the twins. It could partially be because I was working (as a kindergarten teacher) last time when I was pregnant, and never got the chance to sit down. I think all that movement kept the babies sleeping or something. I swear this current growing babe NEVER sleeps!! I feel him at least once an hour for a good 5-10 minutes (often every minute!), and whenever I wake up at night, he's thumping away. I'm a little nervous about what this might mean for after he comes out!

With the twins, I did feel movement in very different places at the same time (i.e. lower left and upper right both kicking), whereas with this baby I notice that movements tend to be kept to one area and then move to another area. I also think this baby has a lot more room to be kicking about since he's got my stretched-out uterus all to himself!

The no-period thing is definitely another lovely aspect of being pregnant, although I have quite enough other stuff dripping out of me (TMI) to make me *really* look forward to the breastfeeding stage where everything stays pretty dry down there! (Last time I didn't get AF back until 21 months. . . ).

Glad to hear that others are enjoying this stage as well!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page