Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any suugestions?
#2 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM

I purchased a 65cm ball by Theraband online (don't remember the site though). Basically it is the same thing as a birth ball, but I remember it cost a bit less than ones marketed specifically as birth balls.
#3 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM

don't remember if it was a good price or not, but the lady was really nice!

www.birthwithsol.com

wendy- blessed mama of 8 (baby girl: Zia  4/7/2013

#4 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM

I just bought an exercise ball. They're the same thing from what I can tell only they cost a lot less. I think it was the 65cm one from Walmart. It's the only blue one. It turned out to be a great thing not only for my last birth but for sitting on wherever you happen to be & for the other kiddo's to play with (it's one of their favorite things!).

Shannon
#5 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 03:33 PM

I'm planning to get the one from Walmart today. I looked at birth balls online, and there are some decent brands for about $25-30 (exercise balls, actually). Check the midwive/doula/CBE forum in Birth & Beyond for a thread in the last week or two about birth ball brands. There were good ones listed there.

Yesterday, I had to crash at my parents' house after my u/s got rescheduled (my parents live near my doctor's office, and I don't). They weren't home, but I discovered that they just bought an exercise ball. It happens to be the blue one from Walmart. The brand name is Danskin. It's anti-burst, 65 cm (blue one), comes with a pump, etc. I sat on it and it didn't burst on me. It felt really comfy! And I looked online and found that Walmart lists them online for just over $16, so not a bad price. I need to do my weekly grocery shopping anyway, so I'll just get the ball while I'm there. If you need a smaller size, the smaller ones would be cheaper. I'm 5'9", so the 65 cm is probably what I need.
#6 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 07:43 PM

5'4" and under need the 55cm usually, I'm 5'3" and mine is perfect. You want to be able to sit on it w/ your legs at a 90 degree angle. I just bought mine at Target.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#7 of 11 Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 PM

I went to the medical supply store in the big city and asked the guy that worked there. I was thinking of getting a therapy ball because I'm not a little person - I was afraid that my weight would be a bad thing on the normal balls. When he asked me what I wanted it for (pregnancy, labor, moderate exercise) he said that the ones they sell at Target and Wal-Mart would be just fine... and less expensive.

So I got a Daskin one (blue, 65cm, came with a foot pump) from Wal-Mart on closeout. It was under $12. I love it - and so does my 17 month old son
#8 of 11 Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 PM

I bought an excercise ball at TJMaxx for 14.95. Same thing just different name
#9 of 11 Old 07-10-2006, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here
So I got a Daskin one (blue, 65cm, came with a foot pump) from Wal-Mart on closeout. It was under $12. I love it - and so does my 17 month old son
That's what I ended up getting Friday, and not only does DS love it, but DH does too! He'll put his belly on it and roll his body out to get DS, leaving his legs on the ball.

Yours was on closeout?!?!? Mine was full price, but at $16.88, it wasn't a bad deal anyway. Oh, and this ball holds up to 300 lbs, so I know I'm ok on there.
#10 of 11 Old 07-10-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup
Yours was on closeout?!?!? Mine was full price, but at $16.88, it wasn't a bad deal anyway. Oh, and this ball holds up to 300 lbs, so I know I'm ok on there.
Yeah - they had closeout ones and "other" ones by the same brand. The only thing I could think was the box didn't say anything about an exercise chart in it - like the full-priced ones did. But I think it had one anyway! Just an older box?
#11 of 11 Old 07-10-2006, 02:21 PM

I would just get an excersize ball from like Target or Walmart or something. That seems like the cheapest option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page