2nd trimester misery? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally got to 20wks. (Thought I was here a while ago but a couple of ultrasounds moved my dates back) All of a sudden I feel like I am in my first trimester again. Nausea, fatigue, crankiness, I am such a bad mom to my 3 kids because of how bad I feel. I feel like I apologize every night for not being able to do enough for them. To make matters worse, when I go to work (just 3 days a week) and actually do massage (I am a massage therapist), I feel so good that I forget I am pregnant, but then I am exhausted when I get home and don't want to cook or anything. My braxton hicks kicked in a couple of weeks ago, and last night one actually woke me up and didn't go away for several minutes, even after I got up to pee, drink water, and adjust my sleeping position. This morning I whined to my mom about it and she LAUGHED. Told me it will be over soon. Yeah, Thanksgiving is soon. Thanks Mom.

Please tell me I am not the only one in this position.

Jennifer, mom to Joel , Duncan, Celia, and Aidan. Wife to Nathan.
#2 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 08:33 PM

I am not nauseas much anymore but the rest yeah that's me too. I am so tired and so uncomfortable. I have little patients also. I'm 23 weekss

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hit 20 weeks this last Tuesday and have been sooooo tired and moody!!! I thought that all ended with the first trimester?!?!?!?!?! At least that's what I remembered from the last one!

I thought I was coming down with something or who knows what. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one but sorry that we are all feeling this way.
#4 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 09:08 PM

I am 22 weeks and 3 days now. I just finished cleaning the bathroom, showering and having a good cry! I am almost always tired no matter how much sleep I get. My hips kill most days and I have had to take my heating pad to work this past week. It gets so bad that I can't concentrate. (I have tried a chiropractor and I went to get a massage this week but relief is temporary.) I haven't thrown up much but my nose is highly sensitive which causes me to gag at least once per day. Overall, I feel like I need more emotional support.

I am sorry that things are rough for several of us.
#5 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A couple weeks ago, I actually threw up for the first time during a pregnancy. I went all pregnancy with DS without throwing up, got through the first trimester of this one without throwing up, and then BAM... I threw up one night. Then I felt icky for the next week and couldn't eat anything but Kraft Mac & Cheese :. Seriously, that was the ONE food that made me actually feel good! After living off that for a week (I even made it for breakfast one day!), I finally got back into eating some more normal (and healthier!) foods, and now I'm pretty much back to eating normal, but still have that nausea feeling at times and can't eat nearly as much at a time either. And some stuff just doesn't sound good. I feel like I'm in the first trimester with preg #1.

I also had horrid sacrum pain and sciatica for the last couple months, but I *finally* went to see a wonderful chiropractor whom everyone in the natural birth community here sees. She's awesome. After just 3 visits, I could walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night without being afraid that my next step might be the last one I could do without falling over in pain. And now this week my back actually feels GOOD. Wow. I'm seeing her twice a week right now to keep everything in place. And it's also neat that she's preggo too, so she has recent knowledge of what I'm going through (she's due in August).

Anyway, I don't know why my first trimester went so easy and then the nausea ramped up in the second trimester. Very weird! I just hit 20 weeks (also due Thanksgiving). My baby is way down low and sitting on my bladder, so last week I had to pee 4 times a night. : The last couple nights, I was back down to 2 times, which is much more tolerable.

But hey, we're halfway there, right? We can do it. We're WOMEN! Just think what would happen if your DH were the one carrying the baby?

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#6 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 10:19 PM

Oh yeah the peeing at night. This babe just settles on my bladder every night and I have to pee at least three times a night. Very frusterating. I'm also having some trouble emptying my bladder all the way at night (not a problem at all during the day) so it takes me longer to pee and then it's taking longer to fall back to sleep aargghh.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#7 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
I'm also having some trouble emptying my bladder all the way at night (not a problem at all during the day) so it takes me longer to pee and then it's taking longer to fall back to sleep aargghh.
My OB told me when you are peeing, it helps if after you think your bladder is empty you lean forward (kind of tip the pelvis back if that makes sense). I can't remember the explanation of why this works but it really does.
#8 of 10 Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

I am sorry you guys are feeling this bad too, but it really is making me feel better. I think that the hardest part is that I did start feeling good. I had three or four weeks of that 2nd trimester goodness everyone talks about. ugh

Jennifer, mom to Joel , Duncan, Celia, and Aidan. Wife to Nathan.
#9 of 10 Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 PM

Yup, me too. It sucks to hear others having the same problems, but it does give me some comfort that I'm not alone. I'm 22 weeks and a few days and I keep waiting for that 2nd trimester feeling to kick in, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath...in 5 weeks it's already time for the 3rd trimester! I'm so tired of feeling tired and lacking in energy and having no tolerance or patience with my 2.5 year old because it just makes me feel like a bad mom, since she has to spend so much time with me and i'm just NO fun to be around a lot of the time. And my DD just started sleeping through the night about two months ago, when she stopped night nursing when my milk supply disappeared, and I can't even enjoy it because I still have to get up to pee at least 2-3 times every night! I guess I expected to feel more like I did first time around, which was great from about 12 weeks on until pretty far into the 3rd trimester. I have all sorts of aches and pains and weird things this time around that I don't remember too much of, if at all, the first time. I was looking forward to feeling great and being fun and energetic for my daughter for a few months. Well, at least every bit of it is for a wonderful cause...!! Good luck and hope all of us get at least a little break very soon.
#10 of 10 Old 07-09-2006, 11:18 AM

I went through a week of it and it stopped again. This is the first pregnancy I've even had morning sickness. I heard it was normal to have it happen again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page