First pregnancy nightmare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-07-2006, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not so used to this site - I like how, on LiveJournal, I can post a warning and put the text of the story behind a cut so you can skip it if you want. This was a little gorey, so if you think you won't handle it well, please feel free to skip right by - I won't think anything of it.

I had my first ever pregnancy nightmare last night. Never had one with my son's pregnancy.

Baby was born yesterday at current gestational age (21w4d) - and died. It was a girl, and she was a really bloody mess... at least later in the dream. I do remember seeing a very small but perfectly formed baby. Geof and I were arguing about what she should be named... we have a girl name picked out, but he didn't think it fit her. So I suggested Sophie. He liked that, but didn't like any of the middle names I suggested (I remember Elizabeth, and I know there were others but don't remember them). I'm just a mess because I want our dead child to have a name and he won't settle on anything. We decided to get something to eat, and all of a sudden the hospital was like this huge multi-tiered mall. We were waiting in line at this Italian type restaurant - kinda like a Sabaro - a food court like place. Geof opened the cover on this foil meal tray thing that you couldn't see through. It was some sort of spaghetti meal - the container was about the size of a meatloaf pan... about the size of "Sophie." All of a sudden he said, "Marinara." I asked what he meant, and he said that the meal reminded him of what he saw of Sophie... and her name would be Sophie Marinara. I just started bawling, and we were next in line to pay. The cashier asked what was wrong, and we gave him the summary and that we had just figured out her name. He grabbed me by the hand (I was already holding Geof's hand) and he was running so fast we were almost flying down all the stairs to the hospital level so that we could name our dead daughter "before it was too late."

Yay for hormones.
#2 of 5 Old 07-08-2006, 06:37 AM

Oooph. Not good at all. I really hope that you can manage to leave that dream as a dream and not carry it around with you. I'm sorry it was so scary.

--Margaret

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2006, 11:47 AM

: awww, sorry to hear that...I have had some disturbing baby related dreams and they are certainly unnerving! Here's to happier nights for all of us...
#4 of 5 Old 07-08-2006, 02:46 PM

Thank goodness it was just a nightmare!
#5 of 5 Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM

oh girl! 2 days before my ultrasound .. I believe it was Wen? I had a dream that I was at a check up and they told me there was no heartbeat and we had to induce and I was like no way! I know I felt kicks today!

I wound up laboring the baby and the baby was dead and turned out to be a girl also (which I have two boys so was slightly hoping for a girl )

I was soooo freaked out about it and have been since!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page