I'm Firing my OB - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been seeing him just 'cause my insurance won't cover my midwife anymore, but I am sick of sitting in his office for an hour after my appointment time before I see anyone. It has happened every time. I also don't appreciate being patronized about tests that I flat-out refuse to take. They treat me like I don't know anything. I am switching over to my midwife's care in 2 months, anyway, so I have decided to quit seeing him. I figure, my 4th time around I know what's going on enough to go it alone for a couple months.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-11-2006, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Good for you, mama - and your baby! You deserve to be treated with respect and love, no matter what your pg and birthing choices.
#3 of 8 Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 PM

Right on! Trust your instinct, Mama. Best to you during your pg.

baby arlo is now earthside! 11.23.2009

#4 of 8 Old 08-13-2006, 09:37 PM

Why do they always think they're the boss of you anyway?! :

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#5 of 8 Old 08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

And write him a letter exactly why you're leaving his care. They need to know if they're gonna improve right?
#6 of 8 Old 08-13-2006, 11:01 PM

that's great mama
I remember seeing my OB with my 1st pregnancy and waiting in the waiting room FOREVER just to see her for 5 minutes.. I HATED it! She wasn't very personable and rushed through everything.

With my last pregnancy I saw a wonderful midwife I remember one of the first appointments lasted for like 45+ minutes (just talking and hanging out). DH and I walked out of there like 'WE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HER'

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#7 of 8 Old 08-16-2006, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowfairymomma
that's great mama
I remember seeing my OB with my 1st pregnancy and waiting in the waiting room FOREVER just to see her for 5 minutes.. I HATED it! She wasn't very personable and rushed through everything.

With my last pregnancy I saw a wonderful midwife I remember one of the first appointments lasted for like 45+ minutes (just talking and hanging out). DH and I walked out of there like 'WE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HER'
That's my experience too. I saw an OB with my 1st dd, and wound up with a c-section and feeling completley helpless. I wanted empowerment, and sought it from a midwife. I LOVE her, and every time I go to see her we get to visit for as long as we like, unless she's running behind, and even then she'll say, "oh, so-and-so is waiting" so we'll go to the waiting room and continue our conversation with so-and-so joining in. I went to her yesterday and she was so happy to see me she promised not to charge me for the prenatal visits!

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#8 of 8 Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM

That is great! When you know it's right, you know it's right!

Mama to H (6) B (3) : A (1)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page