Any other moms feel like they're Busting at the seams? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-21-2006, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mean seriously.... I will be 26 weeks on wednesday and I feel SO uncomfortable!!! My belly feels so tight like it couldn't possibly stretch any further. I don't have any stretch marks (yet) but I feel like I should be covered in them because I feel so distended. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when my ninth month hits!!!! It isn't so much my skin that feels tight... it's my abdominal muscles and right around the bottom of my ribcage. This really stinks!!!!
#2 of 12 Old 08-21-2006, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I also want to add that I am getting absolutely no sleep because I'm so uncomfortable... this isn't my first rodeo, so I don't know why I feel like this!
#3 of 12 Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 PM

Right there with you! It's SO uncomfortable, especially at night..
#4 of 12 Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 PM

I feel like I need a rib spreader to make some more room in me... I should take a belly pic... its really quite sad lol

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#5 of 12 Old 08-22-2006, 06:08 AM

Yes, yes, yes! I just wish that I could take a full breath. Just one! And I know it's only going to get worse and that really kind of freaks me out.

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#6 of 12 Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 AM

yeah, I could happily grow a couple more inches externally to make up for the feeling that the skin at the bottom of my belly is at its full capacity. But I keep on massaging it and encouraging it to stretch just a bit more...I know it will, but it seems as though it has to get really really taut for a while, and then make space :
#7 of 12 Old 08-22-2006, 05:18 PM

i feel the same way and like the op, no stetch marks...yet. im slowly watching my belly button get smaller and smaller...i fear the morning i wake up to it popped, hehe. im also glad to see that im not the only one having trouble breathing..i was afraid it was too early for that.
#8 of 12 Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM

Yes!!! I feel immense, but I had an OB appointment today and was only measuring a week ahead, so go figure.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#9 of 12 Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 PM

Lol, my belly skin actually looks normal for the first time in a really long time. Last pregnancy, it was so covered with stretch marks that it hardly looked like skin. Then in between pregnancies, it was just the saddest, baggiest puddle. Now it is nicely fitting over this growing babe, with only very faint white (old) stretch marks--no new ones. I don't feel any tightness at all, and I can't imagine that I will since I don't plan on getting nearly as big as I did last time. But even though I don't feel like it, I certainly LOOK like I'm bursting at the seams! I am 28 weeks and 29 cm, but for some reason I look more like I'm 8 months pregnant. Must be the muscle memory.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#10 of 12 Old 08-25-2006, 09:01 PM

Just the past few days I'm feeling huge....and today my 15 year old yelled at me for "breathing funny" :
#11 of 12 Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel like I've grown the last couple days. I do have stretch marks, but they're just the ones that were already there from last pregnancy (the ones I didn't see until baby was out of there!). They used to be just slightly lighter than my skin color, but several weeks ago, I noticed them turning red on either end, and now they're pretty much red the whole way. Nice. I can only see them in the mirror though.

I can still breathe at this point, but I'm tall and have a long torso, plus baby boy loves to sit VERY low, punching my bladder and cervix.

At night, I sleep with my belly propped up on a pillow. It's a king sized pillow, and I have it partly between my knees and partly under my belly. I should really get a body pillow, but I keep forgetting. Nighttime isn't too bad as long as I remember to take magnesium before bed. Otherwise, I get the restless leg stuff. I forgot the other night, and got up to take it at 2am, then sat on the computer for an hour, then finally went to bed and slept well the rest of the night.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#12 of 12 Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Yes to the rib thing:

I feel like I want to cut all my ribs down one side and stick some bungee cord in there for a little more space

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page