The Sappy Stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In the next chapter of my oh-so-busy year (wedding, baby, etc) I am moving to Vermont this weekend. I am really, hysterically excited about the move, but that doesn't mean that I don't just find myself just wanting to sit down a lot of the time. It'll be good once it's all over. What this does mean though, is that I will be sans computer for an entire week starting tomorrow. Boo.

And here's the sappy stuff.

With the impending lack of computer next week, I started thinking about what I wanted to say as a sort of "see you in a week". And then I realized that I really just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I'm a first timer who often feels completely overwhelmed and unprepared and terrified and alone. It's tough being the first of my friends having a baby and being unsure of where to go and who to ask for help.

But then there's my due date club! You are all the voices of experience and compatriotism that I need so desperately right now. Even if I don't write as often as I should, I always voraciously read every word that the rest of you have written. I talk about you all like you're my oldest and dearest friends. My husband laughingly (and correctly) refers to this club as "the village that's missing from modern life".

So I just wanted to say thank you for being my friends, and my sisters, and my mothers, and my grandmothers. Thank you for lovingly offering yourselves to me and to each other. Thank you for all being wonderful women and amazing mothers.

I really look forward to spending this last trimester with you.

Much love. :

--Margaret

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 03:56 PM

: Thank you for that!!!!! It feels so great to read all the very nice things you wrote. I think you Dh is so right about this being the missing village.

Congrats on the move!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM

That is so sweet of you...

I remember your first post in "Pleased to Meet You"... I am so glad that you stayed...
Have a great move!! Don't worry we'll be here when you get back... !

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
Old 08-24-2006, 11:03 PM

You are so sweet and thoughtful - I'm sitting here in tears from your kind words. It's great that you have found comfort and support here - and I can't wait to hear your update in a week or so. You're moving at just the right time of year - VT is so beautiful.

I wish you joy, peace and love in your new home - and every blessing that you might wish for.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:47 AM

No, thank YOU!
Have a safe trip...and enjoy the move...I always liked transitioning to another place--in the military, we do it often!
Glad to see you thinking of the positives--life is too short to worry about who you are leaving behind when you move--just think of all the wonderful people you can meet (this is what I always remember when we move!)

User Tag List