I'm Pretty Much New Here - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty much new. I have recently moved from GA to ME and am due with our second on 11/23. My DD (2 now) was born prematurely with some complications but has been doing quite well since. This pregnancy has been going relatively well. I have been having some disconcerting symptoms over the last few days but the baby is looking good so I rest in that. The last u/s showed that we're pretty clearly having a boy. Got ideas for names?

I would love to "meet" you and learn about where you are at with your pregnancy. I am still exploring this forum but hope you'll reply to this thread and say hi! :
#2 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Hi and welcome! Not in your ddc but I keep close tabs over here in the November club b/c I am due at the very end of October. GA to ME? What a move! Maine is a gorgeous state! I have one suggestion for a boys name but I am biased b/c it is my brothers name - Schuyler. It is pronounced like sky-ler and is Dutch for scholar. congrats on your little one!

\m/

#3 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 PM

Welcome! I am new as well. Before we found out we were having a girl, I loved the name Everest- like the mountain. I love names that have some sort of link to nature and a mountain name seems like a great adventure name for a little boy and a very strong/masculine name for a man.

Hopefully I will get a little boy someday to use it on
#4 of 7 Old 08-29-2006, 01:41 AM

Glad to have you with us!!

I am April, a stay at home mom, if you want to know about me then just read my super huge signature at the bottom of my post!!! We are having a boy as well and have decided on the name Jaxon....very popular name now I hear but we just love it!!! Good to hear your DD is well and this pregnancy is going good so far too!!! Looking forward to getting to know you! Take care of yourself mama!
#5 of 7 Old 08-29-2006, 02:21 AM

Hello and Welcome!
What made you guys move? We move a lot--well every 4 yrs anyways with the military...
My dh is currently deployed so my dd and I are 'bachelorettes' for 6 months! She will be my big helper with this birth--we are having this baby here at home!
Glad you are here with us!
#6 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Hi! Welcome!

It is a great place here... hope you you get to love it as much as we do!!

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#7 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 02:04 PM

Welcome! I too had a premature son last time (just a couple months before yours), and I'm due 11/23 with another boy as well. I'm just a week away from when my water broke with DS, so it's quite nerve wracking to get any symptoms that seem "odd". Thankfully, I talk to enough "normal pregnancy" moms to see that my symptoms so far have been "normal" as well. Phew! Good luck, and I hope your son cooks longer this time!

No name suggestions here... we're still working on that (ok, actually we've stalled and just haven't talked about it in WEEKS ).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page