anyone gaining not much? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had gained 20 lbs by 29 weeks last time (I think I ended the pregnancy at around 37) and this time I have gained 12 and a half. I am measuring just about on target, but I don't understand! My midwife doesn't seem to be concerned, other than saying I will probably have a smaller baby this time, but it not especially difficult for me to gain weight, and I have been indulging in things like chocolate crossaints (!) from time to time, not to mention my fair share of cookies, ice cream.... though, that said, I did start this pregnancy 10 lbs heavier... could the fat have been absorbed into belly and baby? Anyone else not gaining much still?
#2 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 05:43 PM

I haven't. I gained 25 pounds with my son. I am at 30w4d and I have only gained about 10 - fundal height was at 30cm at my last appt and eveything looks good, so no one seems to concerned, but it worries me sometimes. I eat as I please and am by no means trying not to gain weight, though over the summer, it was so hot here for so long that I really didn't have much of an appetite, which might have contributed - and chasing kids around all the time!
#3 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM

I've only gained 10 pounds, at 28 weeks. I didn't start gaining at all until 20 weeks. I eat plenty of good food, drink lots of water and stay active. I am measuring normally. I just figure it's because I started pregnancy about 15 pounds over my ideal weight. I think I'll gain another 10 pounds before term. My MW hasn't expressed any concern.
#4 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM

I've gained 13 pounds at 29 weeks, and started out quite thin. My OB says it is totally fine- baby measures fine, I am eating well, and I feel good
#5 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM

I have gained almost 10 pounds at 31 weeks. I am thinking I will probably gain another 5-10 (hopefully closer to 10). I started about 15 pounds heavier that what I would like to be so I figure that is the reason why I haven't gained as much with this one as I have with my others. But I know that I have been eating well and I have been exercising fairly regularly so I know we are healthy.

Everyone does tell me that my face is looking slimmer so I must be burning the extra fat.
#6 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Last preg, I gained 22 lbs by 29 weeks (didn't go past that), but this preg, I gained about 12 lbs in the first trimester, and maybe another 3-4 lbs since then. The last prenatal appt, I hadn't gained anything in 4 weeks. BUT... baby is still measuring big like DS #1 was, and I expect he'll probably be bigger than DS #1.

I started out 50 lbs overweight this time, whereas the first time I was 35 lbs overweight. So I figure the weight gain difference is the fact that my body had more fat stores to use up.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#7 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM

I started out 10 pounds lighter this pregnancy and am gaining less than my last one. I think I'd gained all of 10 pounds at my last checkup. I'm measuring fine though. I guess it is all the running around with/after my 2.5 yo! I do, however, get tired of hearing how small I am. It sort of freaks me out.
#8 of 11 Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 AM

This is my third pregnancy. With my first, I gained 3 pounds total. He was 6 pound 8 oz. With my second I gained 7 pounds total (started my pregnancy 4 pounds lighter). She was 7 pounds 10 oz. With this one, at 30 weeks, I have gained 2 pounds so far. I'm guessing I'll end up right around where I ended with my other two. I eat well, whole grains, fruits and veggies, good quality protein, healthy oils (olive, butter, coconut, avacados, nuts, etc) and all full fat dairy, including cheese, whole milk and whole milk yogurt. I just don't gain much weight in pregnancy. My mom was the same way, and always left the hospital weighing less than she had when she got pregnant. My babies have been healthy and at healthy weights (I'm only 4'11", so babies on the smaller side are perfectly reasonable for me), so I don't worry about it. Worry more about what you're eating and trust your body to gain what it needs to.
#9 of 11 Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM

I have gained 9 pounds so far with twins... it all depends I think pregnancy to pregnancy!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#10 of 11 Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 PM

Well, I lost about 8lbs at the beginning, and I have gained that back. Today at my OB appt today I had lost 1lb from my last appt though. My belly and baby are growing fine, my face hasn't been this skinny since I lost a bunch of weight during my divorce. I feel like even if I gain another ten pounds, I could possibly leave the hospital weiging LESS than I did when I got pregnant. I eat alot so I don't know what is going on. I am not really going to complain though.

Jennifer, mom to Joel , Duncan, Celia, and Aidan. Wife to Nathan.
#11 of 11 Old 08-30-2006, 11:52 PM

I lost 10 pounds to begin with, but overall... it looks like I have gained 19 lbs at 31 weeks. I really hope to keep it at 25 total.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page