Mmmm...sodium - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2006, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just ate half a jar of spanish olives while staring at the computer screen. That's wll over 1,000mg of sodium! What's wrong with me!?!?!

I have been eating SO poorly this week. I did REALLY well for my first 6 months, but lately I've been craving JUNK- pretzels, bean burritos, grape juice, CHOCOLATE. Any of those might be alright in moderation, but I have been eating like that all week! I really need to get back on track. Anyone else having a hard time eating right in the third trimester? Is it just me?

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 07:24 PM

I feel the temptations, that's for sure!

I make myself eat real food before the junk, just to cut down on the amount I consume. But otherwise, I indulge. I find that if I deprive myself completely, it backfires.

I also make it a point to keep healthy options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it. Which is why the smell of brownies is wafting through the house right now ...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 AM

no, it's not just you - I'm finding that I can't eat a large meal, so I end up snacking and grazing. Listen to your body though - if you're craving salty foods there's probably a good reason for that, as you do need increased sodium during pg (unless contraindicated)

I need someone to remove all the bagels and lox in a 50km radius....I have been on a serious binge for the last few days, and it's all I want
Old 09-01-2006, 02:18 PM

Before I got pregnant, I loved salty foods but I keep gravitating towards sweets these days! It is ‘easier’ to eat sweets as a comfort when I am so tired. I also need to get back on track and make healthier choices.

User Tag List