Damm it, I might not have a hb after all - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, today I went to an u/s school to get a free 3D u/s. It was very informative. My baby is right on target. He is also very, very low, I almost got a vagina u/s
They did find me to be at 3 cm dilated. I already called my midwife to find out about things I can do to keep this baby inside until 10/18, which is when I turn 37 weeks.
I will be taking it easy and drinking lots of fluids. If you girls got any other ideas let me know.
Here are 2 photos of Matthew.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...thew/face2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...tthew/Face.jpg

Single mom to two boys (10 and 4)
#2 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmel
Well, today I went to an u/s school to get a free 3D u/s. It was very informative. My baby is right on target. He is also very, very low, I almost got a vagina u/s
They did find me to be at 3 cm dilated. I already called my midwife to find out about things I can do to keep this baby inside until 10/18, which is when I turn 37 weeks.
I will be taking it easy and drinking lots of fluids. If you girls got any other ideas let me know.
Here are 2 photos of Matthew.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...tthew/Face.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...thew/face2.jpg
I was dilated to two for the last 6 weeks I was pregnant with DD#1. It could have been longer, that is just when they checked. Dilating a bit early doesn't necessarily mean pre-term labor. I hope all is well when your midwife checks you.

I am carrying this baby pretty low as well. I haven't had a single rib kick yet. I just keep thinking, maybe it's too early.
#3 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 PM

how far along are you? i was also dialated to 2 for weeks before kieran was born (at 37 weeks) so it doesn't mean you'll go preterm. i wasn't checked until my midwife arrived for the birth with my second, so i don't know if i was dialated early, but i bet i was since my birth was so fast.
#4 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all, I did ask at the hb board and all them said not to worry about it. I guess I will just be taking it easy from now on and hope for a fast delivery after 10/18

#5 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 06:59 PM

wah - can't see the pics, it's says they've been deleted or moved.

I agree with the others, it's entirely possible that you're just one of those women who dilates early and walks around that way for quite some time

But, practical ideas to keep baby in if you're worried - slow down, way down. Before I was put on strict bedrest, we were doing "modified bedrest" which is 2 hours off your feet in the morning, afternoon and evening. Even if you can swing two hours off your feet twice a day, it would be good for your body to get that rest. Stay super hydrated (dehydration can cause contractions and preterm issues) And, pelvic rest - AKA, no sex, LOL! Prostaglandins in semen can help your cervix along if it's ready, so if you're worried, avoiding that help would be wise
#6 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

I fixed the links, sorry

#7 of 8 Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I walked around dilated with dd for months, she was born at 38 weeks. This time I not having any vaginal exams but I know I've been dilating for quite some time now. I lost my mucous plug at 25 weeks so I really don't want to know what's going on down there.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 8 Old 09-07-2006, 12:28 PM

Those photos are just UNREAL! How amazing to 'see' your baby like that.

Hoping that all goes well for you... and that your baby takes the advice of the pp's and hangs out in there just fine.

Meg

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page