Due Date - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-09-2006, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey. This is my first baby. I am due November 1st. I've had this funny feeling that it will be earlier than that though. I guess we'll see.
#2 of 15 Old 09-10-2006, 12:46 AM

Good luck and welcome! My 1st was 10 days late, my second was 5 days late...this one might be right on time then!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#3 of 15 Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 AM

well, it's always best to be prepared. my boys were both born 3 weeks early and i wasn't ready at all with my first. he was born in a hospital and i had nothing ready to go.
#4 of 15 Old 09-10-2006, 06:39 PM

I think the 'average' for first babies is 3 days past the 'due date'...if you know conception date it may be more 'correct'...bottom line is baby will come when baby wants to!
I would say that IF your due date comes and you don't have the baby, plan on getting a pedicure/manicure, or buy something nice for yourself--treat yourself and enjoy your day--do something to make you not feel like you've 'lost' something by not delivering on the due date...and something that will RELAX you...then the baby will come.
I hope your baby does come a day or two early! But not too early!!
#5 of 15 Old 09-11-2006, 10:20 PM

Welcome! I also think that my baby will come early but it isn't based on anything other than a feeling and I could be wrong!
#6 of 15 Old 09-12-2006, 04:22 AM

I'm 'due' on the 12th, but i think the baby's coming on the 20th.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#7 of 15 Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 AM

By conception date, I should be due on 17 Nov...but by u/s I should be due 22 Nov...so I'm planning on 19-20th! hahaha
#8 of 15 Old 09-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Hos
I think the 'average' for first babies is 3 days past the 'due date'...
The average for first-time moms is actually 10 days past the due date. Only 8% of babies arrive before or on their due dates. Most first time moms think/hope that their babies will come early. This very rarely happens.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to be totally ready at 38 weeks, but to not expect your baby before 42 weeks.

I thought my twins would come early (I'd been on bedrest for preterm labor since 29 weeks, with drugs until 33 weeks), and they didn't, and the last few weeks of my pregnancy were just excrutiating. Every hour felt like a day.

I am "due" November 13th, but I tell myself November 28th because I know the baby will be here by then.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#9 of 15 Old 09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
rad

My first was 5 day after his EDD. My 2nd 4 days before. My 3rd 9 days early. I'm thinking this one is going to be here 10-12 days early. Just a feeling.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#10 of 15 Old 09-12-2006, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well I went to the doc today for another routine ultrasound!! It went well. Baby is head down. The tech was really snotty and well I told her we wanted to know the sex of the baby and she said "You'll find out when its born!" But another reason we couldn't see is cuz the leg was tucked in by the bum. Hah.
She also said the belly is big and so it seems to be gaining lots of weight. Which i thought was funny cuz i've only gained 10 1/2 pounds myself. SOoo it was an interesting day. I still think this babe is gonna come early. especially since the baby is big already. We couldn't get any really good pictures because it was just positioned weird. but thats alright. I loved seeing the live view of the spine, heart beating, and the baby practicing breathing!:P
Keep writing peeps. I enjoy reading your comments.
#11 of 15 Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 AM

Another routine u/s? What were they checking for? Are you High Risk? I know people often have an early u/s for dating, and one at 20 wks to check for organs etc...so what is this one for?
I think it is funny when babies 'hide' their parts...like they're already playing games with us! hahaha
#12 of 15 Old 09-14-2006, 08:26 PM

Welcome Kimber! This is my first baby too and I am new to MDC also

I have a feeling that mine is going to be late, lol. The due date is Nov. 9, but I think she'll make her appearance sometime around Thanksgiving...
#13 of 15 Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

I had one ultrasound at 18 weeks, and another at 32 1/2 weeks. It is my doctors choice to do two. Plus the first time it was so early he couldn't see too much. Baby was flopping all over the place. This time the baby is sooo cramped now that its also hard to see some things. Hah.
My Dr. rocks. He is south african. So he is I guess on the cautious side. Which is not a bad thing.
I consider myself kind of high risk. Considering I weighed 300 lbs pre-pregnancy. i have gained 15 lbs total. So far so good health wize. I have good blood sugars. and my blood pressure has been awesome.
#14 of 15 Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM

Hey Kimber! Glad to hear that everything (and everyone) is healthy!
Sounds like you have an active baby...and a playful one! How fun! How are you feeling now? Still feeling like you will have the baby in Oct? Wow...that is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! :
#15 of 15 Old 09-17-2006, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hey.
I ate a really greasy meal last night which gave me bad pressure/indigestion in my stomach. i took diovol liquid and it helped a bit. Then with gingerale and crackers it went away. i was soo tense i had backpain. And to top it all off i am working during this funnn episode. But other than that Im feeling good. Just tired. and BIG!! hah.

I am soo happy baby is doing well and that I am healthy.
Still think this baby mite be born in OCT. :P We'll see.
Keep in touch all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page