I hurt myself today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-10-2006, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yippee...I was out playing in the puddles with my ds today when my neighbors three dogs charged us. I scooped up ds and flung him into the house just in time to shut the door on them. Normally, not really worried about her dogs, we say hi to them through the fence all the time BUT they ran right at us, right through the closed gate, tales down, barking. I wasn't going to take any chances. My neighbor is great and she didn't know she had a hole in the fence when I called her right after but I am certain I separated my pubic bone during the whole thing. I can barely walk. Lovely....: I guess thats one way to make me slow down, eh?

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#2 of 4 Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM

yeowch! try snuggling witha hot water bottle, hope it feels better soon!!
#3 of 4 Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 AM

Ouch - poor you It's amazing how fast we can still move when we need too.

Hope you feel better soon :
#4 of 4 Old 09-11-2006, 10:45 AM

Hope you are feeling better now and weren't too seriously injured.
You are right to never take a chance with animals--especially ones that are charging at you with tails down.

I have a friend here with a dog who got very aggressive with her during her pregnancy and then stopped after she gave birth. Well, when I visited he acted the same way with me. It made me VERY uncomfortable. I am not at all nervous around dogs normally but this dog is huge and was jumping on me, bumping into my crotch. he is probably about 130 lbs.
I will not go to her house again when he is inside. I absolutely refuse.
I don't know when he is going to "flip out". Even a dog who doesn't act aggressive can get set off by something, so if you see an aggressive dog it is definitely smart to stay away.

Please be careful and make sure your neighbor repairs her fence immediately!!
Erica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page