anyone else feeling pre-laborish? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
For the past 2 weeks I've had spells where I feel pre-laborish, loose stools, nausea, crampy in addition to my frequent BHs. It'll hang around for a day or two then go away. I'm 33 weeks so I want babe to stay in there at least another 3 weeks, which I'm sure it will but this is just getting annoying. Anyone else?

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I could of posted this exact same post!!! It is really strange....I am 31 weeks and have loose bowel movements, crampy, and very nauseous!!! The nausea tends to come and go day by day!! I have an appointment tomorrow and was thinking about mentioning it to my doctor just to see what she would say about it but at the same time I don't want to say anything because who knows what she would do...tests or checking to see if i am dilating or what. Anyway, I am here with you. This is our third and I never felt like this before!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 PM

I didn't know loose stools were a sign... I have those too, and the cramping, but not the nausea... I hope these aren't signs (though I have been worrying about it) because I'm only 31 weeks...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 PM

I have been having the same... not really worried though... except I do take it as a sign to slow down...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 PM

me too, and after spending 5 hours in L&D for contractions last week(retrospectively, I probably didn't need to go to the hospital, but at 31 weeks, contractions 3 min apart was pretty nerve wracking!), I have been very aware of all the changes in my body. I am 33 weeks Friday and hoping to keep baby in for at least 3 more weeks! I have stopped working...I figured my body was telling me to chill out.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I've been a bit looser than normal (not exactly "loose", but "soft"), and have been nauseous. I get occasional crampy feelings, but not really labor-like crampiness. I'm just a couple days past the time I birthed my son, so it has made me take notice, but I don't seem to be having any kind of contractions or anything though. I have very occasional B-H, but they're like once every few days, so not a big deal. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow.

I'm at least glad to see others having the looseness and nausea. I've not been able to eat normally this week. NOTHING sounds good, not even my normal nausea foods. I was thinking it might be due to sinuses, since they have been acting up (my jaw kills me on one side when I sneeze... ouch), but usually with sinuses, I can eat certain foods like mac&cheese or mashed potatoes. But right now. absolutely nothing sounds good or makes me feel good. Eating just makes me feel more nausea, but not eating doesn't make me feel good either (and of course ISN'T good), so I am forcing myself to eat small amounts. I just dread it. And there's foods I *want* to eat, but I know how they'll affect the nausea.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 09-14-2006, 04:42 AM

I'm loose too--no nausea tho...no cravings either--this has been a strange (and kinda easy) pg...I haven't felt hungry at all, pretty much the entire time! The strange 'symptom' I've had is my left ear popping--then I can hear myself from the 'inside' until I yawn 3-4 times to 'release' it...NO IDEA what that means.
Lots of BH...but I've been doing the RRL tea so it isn't a surprise to me.

I'm thinking our bodies are shifting hormones again--nothing to worry about...just changes taking place. I feel like we will have a few more changes before the BIG CHANGE of LABOR hormones kicking in!

I'm definitely NOT ready to have the baby--I'm enjoying pg and have TOO much to do! So, I'm telling the baby to stay put and talking to my body to keep the baby in!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:46 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been feeling pretty crampy lately. But I think I do remember this with my other pgs.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 AM

By cramps, is it almost like you feel like you are about to get your period? I have had that feeling about four times since Monday afternoon and it only last for 10 to 20 minutes. This is my first pregnancy and I have been rather concerned this week! I don't have any other symptoms though.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 AM

same thing here; I went to the bathroom several times last week expecting to see mucus plug too - just had the same sensations that I had when pre-labouring with dd. Crampy, purging stools, lots and lots of BH...I'm trying to make an effort to slow down and make sure that I'm drinking enough
Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Yep, I have been having some cramping on and off. Also I have had some strong BH's off and on too.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Oh, and the copious mucus that comes out of me... Wow. I haven't lost my plug, but I wonder if it's bits and pieces coming out and just reforming. I can pick it up off the TP and stretch it pretty well, and it's about the consistency of snot (a little stiffer than normal CM when you're not preg). I've had this since early 2nd trimester, so I know it's not a worrisome thing. I just don't remember quite that much stretchy mucus last time.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM

I am 29.5 weeks and I am having the exact same symptoms. I didn't really want to call my doctor on it either because it seems to come and go and I have an appointment next Wednesday. It seems to come and go so I just figured it was fine.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:50 AM

Add me to the loose stools (and FREQUENT) list. But I'm not taking it as a pre-labor sign... at least not in the going-to-birth-now sense.

Maybe I'm a little too laid back about it, but I think it's just part of the whole prep for the real deal thing for me.

User Tag List