Can you believe this?!?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-13-2006, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went into the bank downtown today and there is a teller there who I usually see everytime I go there and she says to me today, "Do you feel like a cow or a horse, you must by now?" Are you kidding me?!?! DId she just say that to me?!?!?! Unreal!! Then she says, "How much time do you have left?" I didn't want to even answer her...I told her about 9 weeks and she replies saying, "oh my, oh my, you poor thing, I'm sorry!"
I guess that is why I do online banking!!! LOL Some people don't think when they speak!!!
#2 of 12 Old 09-13-2006, 09:40 PM

lmbo!

Is that the same one that keeps making mistakes with your account?

#3 of 12 Old 09-14-2006, 03:53 AM

so...what stopped you from jumping over the counter and taking her down into a 1/2 nelson (wrestling move for those who are WWE virgins)??
Oh wait...that belly must've stopped you...well, next time, come into the bank with a gun, that'll shut her up! :
#4 of 12 Old 09-14-2006, 09:58 AM

a cow or a horse? I can't even imagine.
Please go back and ask her "Do you feel like a cockroach today? You must, you are so skinny."

The worst I get is "You must be having twins" to which I reply "No, only one" but am angry at myself every time, for not saying "Excuse me? DO we know each other?"
#5 of 12 Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Oy Allison, I know the feeling. I gained loads of weight really early when pregnant the first time thanks to the gestational diabetes. People would ask me if I was having twins and it got really annoying really quickly. My mom said I should respond "Triplets in fact, might be quads but the ultrasound wasn't 100%" or if I was feeling bitchy "No, I'm just fat".

Honestly...if you were having twins don't people think you would mention that??
#6 of 12 Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM
rad

Oh my! I can't even imagine saying that to anyone, much less a very pg woman. I almost hate telling people how much time I have left. Since I look so big, all I get are pity looks.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 12 Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yes it is the same lady who keeps messing up my account!!!!

I also get asked all the time if I am having twins and I answer no and they always say "are you sure".....ummmmI think i would know thank you!!
#8 of 12 Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM

I feel your pain. Tonight in one of my CBE classes another pg woman asked me when I was due. When I told her she looked shocked and said she was due in five weeks(I'm due in 10) and then said I looked bigger than her. She then asked me how much weight I've gained. The worst part is I'm actually right on target with weight gain because I lost 10 pounds during the 1st tri due to morning sickness. I can't believe I actually told her how much I've gained then she looked more shocked and said "well some women carry it differently". I guess I gave ehr the bennefit of the doubt because she is also pg but I still couldn't believe it.
#9 of 12 Old 09-15-2006, 03:05 PM

That is crazy. I'm sorry but it really made me want to laugh that anyone could even think of saying something so dumb. Really, what would possess her?

How annoying for you but remember , it really is funny that someone could be that dumb. Just try to think that the next time someone says anything irritating who knows maybe it will make you laugh.

Erica :-)
#10 of 12 Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 PM

I've finally gotten used to the stupid comments. I was sitting on a bench at the doc's waiting for DH when a man strode by, cell phone in hand, and turned around to ask me when I was due. I told him 11 weeks and he matter of factly said, "Oh, honey, you'll never make it." And then told the person on his phone that I was "bulging." I gave a big, crazy laugh and finished my Snickers.
#11 of 12 Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 AM

lol, the stupid comments make me laugh. But then again, my mother desensitised me from childhood to taking comments personally.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#12 of 12 Old 09-19-2006, 06:38 PM

I can TOTALLY believe she said that because I know first hand how stupid people are!!! I was in line at the grocery store the other day cashing out when the 16 yr old girl behind the counter says.... "Your STILL pregnant... seems like you would have had that baby by now".... Of course, I was in no mood to deal with her so I said very tritely..."unfortunately, it takes more than a couple of days to grow a human with brains". She just stared back with a blank look on her face... the same look that's always there. Stupid twit!!:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page