the leg cramps are gone...but now KNEE PAIN! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else have excruciating knee pain? It' both knees, on the inside front of the kneecap, and seriously, I cannot walk it hurt so much. Is it because of the relaxin?
#2 of 6 Old 09-17-2006, 11:26 AM

Ugh, sorry. Not my knees, but my hips, yowza!! I feel like an old lady! I'm not sure if its the relaxin, the third pregnancy, being 38 or my new activity restrictons.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#3 of 6 Old 09-17-2006, 12:44 PM

I had this on my left knee and it kept popping and it felt like it needed to pop constantly but that really didn't help at all. It lasted for about a week and I've now been knee pain free for about 5 days. I'm not sure the cause but it seems like relaxin is a good explaination. Now my hips and tailbone seem to be the poppers. Glad this is just a little bit longer!!!
#4 of 6 Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM

Uh oh, don't scare me with the knee pain!! actually that's my biggest fear that my knees will start aching and popping because my kneecap dislocated a few years ago and neither it nor the other one has been the same since. It probably is the relaxin causing it for you now, because when those ligaments loosen up and allow the kneecap to slip and slide, it causes pain and knee popping. Also the increased weight is putting more pressure on your knees.

Part of my phys. therapy was strengthening the quad muscles in the thigh, so everytime I get the knee pains again, I work those quads--they help rein in the ligaments that hold the kneecap in place. Maybe this will help you?

Oh yeah, and for knee and hip pain my chiro suggested wearing shoes with good arch support like birkenstocks for example--because when your feet are flat (as happens in late pregnancy), your knees bend more inwards when you walk and all the weight just hits you straight on in the knees. The lack of balance also upsets the hips. Since I got my birks earlier in the pregnancy my hip pain has disappeared and I haven't had a recurrence of knee pains.
#5 of 6 Old 09-17-2006, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

well, they're feeling a lot better tonight! totally bizarre - today was my first day off strict bedrest, and I HAD to get out of the house. I went to target with my mom for half hour or so, and I think the actual walking around and USING my legs helped a ton. They feel so much better tonight (Of course, the target run was a waste, I went to get nursing cami's and they didn't have any instock. bah)
#6 of 6 Old 09-20-2006, 02:28 PM

Well, I know it worked for leg cramps- but you could try with knee pain also- but magnesium. It immediately helped me. They say that especially if you get a lot of calcium, then the magn. absorbsion may be blocked.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page