My Ribs feel broken :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-23-2006, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe its the twin factor but everytime I sit up... or anything really.. My ribs feel like they are broken.. like both babies are pushing so hard on each side that my ribs are cracking... anyone else have this?

I have never had this with any of my kids..

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#2 of 7 Old 09-23-2006, 06:43 AM

Ugh ... that sounds horrid. My sympathies to you. I don't have that, but what I do have is unbelievably sore upper abs ALL the time. No matter how careful I am about not lifting anything too heavy, not using my abs to sit up, etc, it just doesn't matter. My upper abs are just killing me all the time.

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#3 of 7 Old 09-23-2006, 01:50 PM

amazingly, my ribs don't hurt this time around. I think it's because this guy is SO incredibly low (so no rib pain, but oy! the cervical pain is excruciating!!) And he's got his feet down in front of his face generally, so there's nothing poking up into the ribs. But I remember with my others that the rib pain was so bad it liteally made me cry some days.

Hang in there!!
#4 of 7 Old 09-23-2006, 01:54 PM

Ugh! I can't imagine with twins, but this baby is SOOO high compared to my previous two. I can hardly breathe sometimes and if I sit the wrong way or bend the wrong way it REALLY hurts!

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#5 of 7 Old 09-23-2006, 08:04 PM

I don't have any pain in my ribs. but i think its cuz the baby is really low. I feel the majority of my movement below my belly button. (baby is head down and already into the pelvic area). I feel bad for you all who have rib pain.
*HUGS*
#6 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 AM

Sorry your getting pushed around by the twins .... I get the kicks around the belly button and I'm told the baby is head down. Though at times I feel the baby is all on one side of the belly button so if I'm trying to sleep at night and I "need" to flip sides I have to wait for the baby to "fall" to the other side to feel comfortable again. Sounds a little funny reading over the posts again .... we all getting poked and pushed on from our little babies ... yet the beauty of it is we created this human life growing inside of us ... it still amazes me each day! So I try to enjoy the movements even when it makes me uncomfortable it's a great experience to have. And soon we'll be holding our creations in our arms!
#7 of 7 Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM

my ribs don't feel broken exactly, more like if they are pushed out any further they will pop through my skin! I can actually feel on both sides how many ribs are popped out of place (raised out about an inch above the others). UG. and now the baby has taken to shoving its feet against them... along with lower back pain, my rib pain this time around has been excruciating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page