Let's all get updated!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My biggest fear about labor is that it will happen during the Ohio State Michigan game.
Are you and my husband the same person???

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#32 of 36 Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 PM

I've enjoyed reading all the updates - I wanted to wait until after my appointment today to do my own.

Things are going well. My doctor was late (about 45 minutes) getting there today, but it was fine with me because I had Zy's blanket with me to work on and my son was home with Daddy

I'm 35w1d - up another 1.5 pounds, good BP, baby's heart beat is 160, I'm measuring 37 cm, minimal heartburn (knock on wood - don't let me jinx myself)... really, I feel great. I'm a little panicked that there's only about 5 weeks until my due date - though it could be more like 6.5 if this baby follows in its older brother's footsteps. I have a HUGE to-do list that I'm trying to get through as I can without killing myself.

I had my 12.5 year old cat put to sleep this week - it's a decision I've been trying to make for about 3 months, but it was still a hard one. I tell you, I think I'm doing my own experiment on stress during pregnancy. I was SO laid back and relaxed during R's pregnancy, and this time has been one stressor after another - and none of them minor (but some I don't want to discuss because this is a public board and we seem to have some internet "investigators" where my husband works trying to follow up on our every breath. It's hard when what was your only outlet is taken away. Some days I just want to run screaming from this place.

No, the stress isn't catching up with me at all

But, I AM excited to meet this little one. Oh! The other thing from the appointment was that I was told that baby is "definitely head down" SO THANKFUL!!!!
#33 of 36 Old 10-09-2006, 11:58 PM

I am due November 1st...FIRST baby.
I had a dr. appt last week. All is well. Baby is head down and laying low.
BP is good. Babies HR was 151.
Had that lovely step B swab done. Ugh I hate swabs!!! Lol.
I am getting anxious as the due date nears. I have had a feeling it will come early but now I'm not so sure.
I have had a few of those fun braxton hicks contractions. But felt like back cramps (menstrual cramps). UGH.
I am soo afraid of labor. I have never been in the hospital.
The only thing I have had done that caused me any pain was having my 4 wisdom teeth removed (1st time i had an IV and was put to sleep)
YEEKS.
Welll I am sure i will do ok. I shouldn't freak.
I am a nurse. But i work in psychiatry which is wayyyyy different than most areas. I went off work 2 weeks ago. i am finding myself bored. but trying to find things to do around the apartment.
we are building a house so we have to move in jan/feb. soo i should pack some stuff. but im sooo lazy.
GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL!! Lets keep in touch.
#34 of 36 Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 AM

Ooo this is so exciting! We're all getting so close!

I'm 34w4d today. Have gotten uncomfortable in the past few weeks...sleeping, breathing, getting positioned are all difficult. Even the baby kicks and moves so hard sometimes, it actually hurts! I do like to see its little foot swish accross my belly though, and DH is amazed each time he witnesses it.

I've stopped working and love louging at home. I enjoy the freedom, but I do keep busy - house work, organizing, scrapbooking, catching up on readings for the class I'm taking, writing letters, playing with the cats, researching things, going to appointments, taking walks, posting on MDC...we don't have cable, so no TV, but I've gotten a few movies from the library that were awsome (I highly recommend Anything Else, and Garden State...both quirky and witty). We hosted a big Thanksgiving dinner (we're in Canada) this past weekend, and had lots of family. It went very well.

My to-do-before-baby-comes list is still two pages long, but each day I work at one or two things. Today I have to research vaccinations and talk to DH about it, research places to go for our anniversary road trip (November 7th), and take out winter clothing and put away summer stuff. We also have a double baby shower (for us and for BIL and SIL, due in December) that is being organized and for which I have to keep updating our "alternative" (non-mainstream) baby wish list.

In the next few weeks, weekly midwife appointments begin, and I've got La Leche League meetings to attend and learn from. I can't wait for November though!

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#35 of 36 Old 10-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here View Post
It's hard when what was your only outlet is taken away. Some days I just want to run screaming from this place.
That stinks! I know we have some folks from my IRL who use these boards... I assume they snoop, it's wierd, kinda but like you mentioned its my big outlet so, I guess read along if you want to!!!

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#36 of 36 Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 AM

My trip to the massage therapist convention this past weekend was great. I think I walked too much, and I am really worn out but I learned alot. Baby moved from roa/rop to loa!!! I am really happy about that. My second was sunny side up and those contractions never stopped hurting. We sanded the dresser and will paint in later this week so I can put all the baby clothes away. A really fantastic lady from my dad's church with 3 boys who is expecting a girl gave me a HUGE tub of clothes. It is sitting in the living room right now. The girls at my work are having a shower for me on Sunday. It is wierd to be able to think about baby stuff finally. I am even going to talk to my OB about a birth plan tomorrow.
And that OSU/Michigan game is just getting more important as this season goes on. I am glad to me off work so I can watch the games, but I mean it, I will not have this baby make me miss the big one!!:

Jennifer, mom to Joel , Duncan, Celia, and Aidan. Wife to Nathan.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page