Braxton Hicks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2006, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They've started!! (I keep trying to convince myself this means the baby will be 'early' ) Even though I had them this time with DS2 and he was born at 41 1/2 weeks.

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 PM

I've been feeling them this time since about 12 weeks. They have gotten stronger the last few days though, some I actually have to breath through. And I know they are causing cervical changes.
With my first I noticed them, didn't feel them though, a few days before I had my dd. With my ds I felt them from about 15 weeks on.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 PM

I've been having them for a few weeks, too. Sometimes I have to slow down a bit. Hoping this is a good sign for a natural delivery.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:24 PM

I'm due Nov. 9 and don't want to deliver 1 day earlier (DH will be out of the country and my parents out of the state). I started having strong BH a few days ago, especially at night and early morning. My midwife said it could be brought on by mild dehydration, so I've been drinking a ton of water and they are going away!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:38 AM

I have them pretty strongly. They are actually pretty uncomfortable. They're not very frequent, but I think that since this is my 4th pregnancy, my uterus is stronger. I'm just 32 weeks.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Old 10-06-2006, 02:02 AM

I have lots of BH--especially when I'm not letting myself relax, or not enough water...been having them for weeks...don't think they are causing cervix changes tho...some I have to breath thru...my poor dd doesn't understand that mom has to stay still during the 'hugs'
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM

Hey. I dunno if these are Braxton Hicks?????? Yesterday i bent over to do some housework and I all of a sudden got cramping in my back..Then Sorry TMO. but diarrhea. It went away about an hour later.
Then I had thanksgiving dinner. 4 hrs later I felt the cramping again in my back. Like it felt like menstrual cramps. That lasted for 3 hrs. I couldn't sit or get comfortable. Laying down didn't help. They just went away. But i didnt really feel tightening in my abdomen.
Anyone know what this could have been? I feel good movement and hiccups from baby every so often.
I'm curious cause I DON'T know WHAT THE HECK I'M DOIN. This is my 1st baby. heh.

PS Im 36 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 AM

Kimber--
Sounds like BH to me. Basically, anything that goes away with laying down on your left side and drinking lots of water is 'practice'...the real thing will happen and can't really be stopped completely with laying down and extra water.
As for the loose stools...that can be from regular hormonal changes, or it can be your body preparing for birth. You could very well have this baby early, but I would think it more likely for you to just be 'practicing'...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've had on and off again diarrhea, nausea, and cramping for over a month now. It's getting highly annoying.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:28 PM

Kimberly,
Isn't Thanksgiving in November?
Mrs Hos,
Why do you keep still? Just curious. For me, I move around with BH. I also breathe real slow and deep (not forced deep, just a relaxed sort of deep) and it keeps my mind off them. But they are lasting for a minute or two and real hard. I get three or four in an hour, and then none for the rest of the day. I am happy with them. It lets me know my body is preparing. I didn't have any good BH last pregnancy.

Someone at MDC posted that BH feel like your forehead. If you pressed, it felt the same firmness. I thought that description was great.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:50 PM

I am only staying still during BH to practice my hypnobirthing 'relaxation'...I'm hoping to get good enough at it that I can move around while 'relaxing'...I know that moving during contractions/surges/hugs is beneficial, so I want to get to that point!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonR View Post
Kimberly,
Isn't Thanksgiving in November?
Not Kimberly but, it's in October in Canada.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM

Yup yesterday was thanksgiving in CANADA. I live in Alberta.
I have not had any cramping since the other night. But I hate having the loose stools, indigestion etc. I am sooo ready for this baby to come out. Heh,.

User Tag List