Mothering Forum banner

Normal to drop early with twins?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  runningonveggieoil 
#1 ·
I don't know if anyone else here is pregnant with twins but I was wondering if it is normal to drop earlier? I went to my last appointment and, though my OB said that I was neither dilated or effaced, the first baby had engaged his head already. I am 33 weeks pregnant (working on week 34). The hospital where I am birthing my baby will only let me carry the twins until week 38 (then they will induce) because of a worry of placental insufficiency. So I guess it would be okay if the babies came in about 3 weeks or so. Anybody have experience with this? With my last 3 pregnancies I didn't drop until the day of delivery.

#2 ·
Hi mama! I am 35 weeks with surro babies... both girls

I dropped at about 31 weeks. But I didnt drop because of a head... Baby As butt is engaged
lol

Both babes are riding very low on me now and walking is getting harder! But it has been that way for a few weeks now so I think your fine!!!

Just rest up and drink loads of water... pillows proped under your hips help with the pressure from the drop

gl mama and congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.