it's strange but I'm not "ready" yet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 35w2d and am physically uncomfortable all the time now and so in that respect it will be nice to be able to bend over, to pick dd up, etc, but in a more emotional sense I guess, I am just not ready yet... which is wierd because this whole pregnancy has been so hellish for me. And it's also wierd because I am getting really excited to meet my little baby! It's kind of unexplainable, though I am wondering if it is partly because this will be my last baby (probably), and because dh is finally starting to participate in the pregnancy a little... anyway, anyone else not quite ready yet? (and not in the getting ready sense either, my list has barely anything crossed off of it) I mean, I'm starting to get irritated when people give me sympathetic or pity looks because I don't feel in the place of just wanting to be done with being pregnant but I don't feel like explaining this to every person either... I guess it is just strange, to feel like there is no REASON I feel not ready....
#2 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 03:43 PM

I'm there with you. It seems I lost all my excitement a few weeks ago. I just CAN'T get excited and "ready" right now. And like you, my boyfriend has finally started getting really involved and excited....and here I go losing those feelings. I don't know if it's because it's all of a sudden gotten so much closer to the end, and maybe reality has hit me. I dunno. But when people say "oh I bet you're ready to have that kid"...I just wanna say "no, actually, I'd rather keep him in there for a bit longer"....
#3 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 04:16 PM

I have a ton of "things" to do, but I'm also not feeling like it's time for this baby to be born yet, either. Part of that is just the shock at how fast this pregnancy has gone with another child to take care of. By this point last time, I was like "When is this kid gonna get here?!?!" Now I'm "5 weeks? You're kidding, right?"
#4 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany_in_ga View Post
But when people say "oh I bet you're ready to have that kid"...I just wanna say "no, actually, I'd rather keep him in there for a bit longer"....
You should say that!

I'm not ready, but that's because DD isn't ready to be born yet. Believe me, when she's ready, she will let me know.
#5 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM

I am not ready for this one yet either. It seems so much easier to take care of him while he is on the inside-even though he makes me a little uncomfortable and I would really love to meet him and cuddle, etc. I want my house to be clean when he decides to come and I want all my schoolwork to be caught up...so it looks like I just want him to stay inside forever!! I was looking at the calendar yesterday and realized that if he decides to come early like my last one did he could be here at the end of next week!!! However, if he decides to be late like the first one then I still have around 4 weeks!! I have a pretty big window here.....hopefully he will choose later rather than sooner!
#6 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 07:19 PM

Not in your DDC, as I now have a four-week-old, but I was the same way. Yes, the physical limitations of being at the end of the pregnancy were getting irritating and old, but I wasn't ready.

I was "ready" at 40 weeks, 1 day. Two days later, I had baby. It's a switch in emotuions I can't explain, but you'll know it when you feel it (if you ever do).
#7 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM

I keep alternating between extreme excitement/impatience and pure dread. I think part of it is becuase she my first and I have no idea what to expect so I am getting kind of scared. Also DH and I have been having some problems. Nothing major but he just seems disconnected and kind of far away. When he is like that I feel like we are in no way ready to be parents. Of course its too late now..she coming!! I just keep thinking "nothing will ever be the same again". Some days thats a good-other days it is really scary. If she is born when I was she'll be here in 2 days!!(I'm 33w5d)
#8 of 10 Old 10-11-2006, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrose View Post
anyway, anyone else not quite ready yet? (and not in the getting ready sense either, my list has barely anything crossed off of it) I mean, I'm starting to get irritated when people give me sympathetic or pity looks because I don't feel in the place of just wanting to be done with being pregnant but I don't feel like explaining this to every person either... I guess it is just strange, to feel like there is no REASON I feel not ready....
Yes, yes and yes. It's like you said, it's so hard to explain.

This will be my last too. I don't feel emotionally ready at all. We finally started the nursery (okay the cute room where baby will only have her diaper changed and clothes stored!!!). I started really really reviewing our hypnobirthing material and doing more than just the relaxation CD (practicing breathing techniques now), Blessingway and maternity photos are scheduled but I'm still not there.

I didn't experience this with my last pregnancy. I appreciated what _betsy_ said, it will just happen I guess.

I'm hoping when I go on maternity leave next week and I can be a little more relaxed during the day that I'll start to get there. I plan on doing alot of meditation to connect with the baby and listen to her. Maybe then, without the stress of work and commute, despite the discomfort of end of the last trimester pregnancy, I can "enjoy" the last few weeks of this pregnancy.
#9 of 10 Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 AM

When I was pg with dd I was so excited and ready to meet her etc early on...she was my center of attention...well, she is still my center of attention--so I am again worried that this baby will really give her a jolt...so I'm a bit scared to have this baby.
I'm also scared this is my last pg (if dh has his way)...and I've really enjoyed being pg...I enjoy feeling the baby move...I enjoy getting the attention...I even enjoy the clothes (limited wardrobe means I don't have to think as much! )

Anyways...I'm not ready either!
#10 of 10 Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 AM

I am not ready at all. Something that has changed not that long ago. Just two weeks ago I was ready. Since last pregnancy was a planned section (for medical reasons) I really didn't have to think about anything-if I went into labor then I was to run to the hospital and have an emergency section. I never even went into labor.

This time it has started to hit me....oh shit I don't know anything! It is like the first pregnancy in so many ways. Not to mention that this pregnancy has been completely different from last time.

We won't even talk about things to do on the list. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page