Is this the baby dropping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a first-timer, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me...

Yesterday, I felt "something" happen. Over a short period of time, it became quite painful in my lower back (I haven't really had any back pain until this point ). I felt very uncomfortable walking and standing, although if I sat just right, it felt okay (it doesn't hurt as bad today). Later I noticed that it looks like my belly is lower than it was before.

I searched the internet and looked through some books I have, but didn't find a whole lot. I read that when baby drops I might feel like I can breathe better (which I can) and that I may have to pee more (which I definately noticed yesterday).

But everything I've read said that it usually doesn't happen until 2 to 4 weeks before delivery and I'm 6 weeks out from my due date. Could this be the baby dropping or is it just loosening joints or nothing at all?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, that is dropping. I actually watched it happening to me today while in Hobby Lobby By the time I left, I was waddling like a duck and needing to pee every 3 minutes.

However, don't worry about it signalling that you're going to have the baby really soon. When I dropped with my son's pregnancy, I was about 6 or so weeks from my due date. My nurse was so excited... "that usually means 2-3 weeks until the baby is born!!!!"

I went on to measure up to 42 cm and had him at 41w2d.

I'm so not expecting that today's dropping means anything yet. It may... but I'm not holding my breath on it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page