worried... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my baby is Extremely active, punching way down low, swishing its feet across my belly, and at night, right around 10:30 every night it does body slams against my ribs for at least an hour, if not two.... so while not pleasant sometimes, it has been comforting to feel all the movement and to know that every night I will not be going to sleep until 11:30 or so anyway, the night before last, the babe didn't have its "exercise session" and barely moved yesterday... my mom (and midwife, always available ) checked the baby and said it had turned posterior... though I am not sure if this means it would naturally move less? I felt a little more movement last night, but not nearly as much as it has been moving, and not for as long either... anyway, so I kind of broke down last night, really worried.... and it doesn't help that for several days before this change in activity I have been having crazy imaginings that the baby won't be alive when I give birth to it.. ug......... I am stressed.
#2 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM

i am due around the 19th... my baby definately has a period of two quieter days and especially nights every once in awhile. i remember this from my last pregnancy two years ago. i think the baby is just slowing down and using the energy to grow! i seem to be extra tired aafter these days (maybe because of the mild worry and constant prodding to get some wiggling started!)

do you have a fetoscope? i check the baby's heartbeat almost every night and somethimes during the day mainly to ease my mind- and keep tabs on position. maybe you could borrow one from your mom?

wendy- blessed mama of 8 (baby girl: Zia  4/7/2013

#3 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Are you sure baby didn't turn anterior (facing your back)? Seems like posterior would get you more kicks? When my baby was facing my back, I didn't get alot of movement. Mainly just got major head/butt bumps on occasion. Now he's facing right (LOA), and I feel alot more punches and kicks. Either of those two positions is good for birthing.

Of course, I've *always* felt plenty of punches in the bladder/cervix, no matter which way baby faces.

Also, baby could be having a growth spurt. I had one evening when I was like "Hmmm... when did I last feel baby move?", and I couldn't remember when it was! So I did the eat/drink/lay down thing and counted movements. Got 10 in less than 30 minutes, so obviously he was fine. He was just being more mellow than usual. A couple days later, he was back to his normal bouncy self.
#4 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurances.... it is posterior, and I asked my mom and she said I should be feeling more movement, not less, so now I am really hoping that it is just having a growth spurt!!!
#5 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 PM

My dh seems to have slowed down this week as well. I just haven't felt the big kicks/punches. I did kick counts everyday and would get to 10 but they would just be little wiggles or something. I actually went into L/D on Monday because I only counted 6 in an hour. They told me that the baby is just running out of room and that I only need to feel 4-6 in an hour. I a little confused because my Dr. told me 10. Anyhow she has been more active today so hopefully she just changed positions or something.
#6 of 8 Old 10-13-2006, 11:59 PM

Don't worry. Sometimes I don't really feel any movement for 1/2 a day. Then I drink cold fluids and lay on my side and it moves but not much.
I went in for a Non-Stress Test the other day and the babies HR was 170 plus and I didn't feel it moving.Even though it was sooo Active.
So no worries. The baby is probably running out of room.
I know mine is !
#7 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had the same thing! Extremely active baby that just disappeared. I was doing the drink and lay down thing and just felt an occasional swoosh, almost as if only gravity was making the baby move slightly. Of course I was worried, but I also felt my appetite was still large and I was still tired in the same way and I waited it out. Turns out, my husband had been sick and even though I was doing everything I could not to catch it, I did a bit. I was just run down and my midwife reassured me that that was probably why I wasn't hearing from him. She said to massage my belly more to stimulate him if it happened again.
Honestly, trust your instinct on this one. If you still feel pregnant, you probably are. If you are really worried- really feel like there may be something wrong- insist on it and don't let anyone make you feel paranoid.

Good luck!
#8 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 03:06 PM

Try not to worry! I was told once to drink some orange juice !!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page