zero appetite. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2006, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm 36 weeks (and 1 day, but whos counting? ) and i have totally lost my normally very healthy appetite. yesterday i had about half of a tiny bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, what was left of my 3yos pasta (about 4 bites) for lunch, and nothing for dinner until my husband finally made me a salmon burger and french fries (deep fried ) at about 10:30. i think i had almost the exact same the day before, and so far today i've eaten about 1/2 a cup of sweet potatoes.

i can think of things i'd like to eat, i just have no desire to eat. normally i'm the exact opposite.

what's up with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 06:12 PM

I have no idea.... I am experiencing something similar though, and have very specific foods that I feel like eating at different times in the day... not that anything makes me feel ill, but I just don't feel like eating carbs, for example, at night... and then there are days when I just can't eat meat because it is too rich... it's very strange, because it changes from day to day and hour to hour.... yesterday all I could eat was one taco for lunch, and my dinner portions are getting smaller and smaller all the time...
Old 10-13-2006, 07:15 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been feeling the same way. I just have no appetite at all.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 PM

It changes daily for me. Today I was sooo hungry. I've eaten four decent size meals and I am ready to eat again. Last week I had several days where I had to force myself to eat just so I wouldn't feel sick to my stomach. I think it is partly because we have no room in our stomachs for food. Maybe she shifted positions and that is why I could eat so much today.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM

You have described how I have felt the ENTIRE pregnancy. It sucks. Ugh. Sorry, no advice. I clearly haven't found a remedy for this. I'm hoping my impending due date (next wednesday!!!!) will be the cure-all

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

Old 10-14-2006, 01:01 AM

I'm the same. I buy all this nice healthy food and then I don't eat it..I go to Wendys or McD's instead. Bad bad bad. But I have managed to only gain 25 lbs so far so thats not too bad.
I know sometimes i don't feel like eating at all. i am 37 weeks preg.,
No worries.

User Tag List