36 weeks.. whos with me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 10-14-2006, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok if I get any bigger you can poke my arms and legs in and I will be a beach ball... My dr literally giggled at me and said "oh you poor women"

umm yeah thanks I know I am a big ball of baby!

I feel like I am in labor and have been in labor forever.... I have contractions all the time... then they stall for a few hours... come back... stall... at least I am not on tributaline anymore yay!!!!

Even having gas makes me think i am in labor... I know all about labor I have done it a few times lol

But now everyone is just staring at me waiting for me to either Burst or scream... I feel like doing both.

On the bright side it won't be much longer.

How are you other mamas doing?>

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#2 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 12:12 AM

You are doing great w/ twins! Congrats on making it this long. I'm 36 wks w/ my one (#3 though) and I'm so w/ you. Random ctxs, but not as bad as last time when I was on bedrest so I understand you there. I had ctxs for weeks before finally going into labor! Good luck!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#3 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 12:46 AM

I have 5 more days before I"m 36wks....that's if I use 'my' due date of 17 Nov...but I'm thinking this baby may be a few days past that--we dtd 3 days before I expected ovulation--so maybe 20th of Nov would be a better estimate. SO, I'm just 35 wks I guess...
I'm feeling better now--after the stomach flu...and I like the aches and pains of Pg MUCH better than stomach flu!!!!
#4 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:10 AM

I'll be 36 weeks in about 60 seconds =)

I'm actually still doing really well (please don't hurt me, mamas!). Zy dropped on Thursday, but my son dropped (the first time) about the same time - give or take a day - and he still made me wait almost 6 more weeks. So I'm not getting my hopes up or anything.

I'm really hoping s/he'll stay put until November. I'm not ready, my MIL won't be here for a few more weeks to help with R and the house stuff... she gets here the 7th and I keep saying the 8th is the earliest I want to go! We'll see, though.

I really need to start getting things ready, though... pull the co-sleeper out from under my son's bed and get it in our room, pack the hospital bag, get the second car seat installed in the car (I'm hoping to hold off on that until toward the end of the month - because my front seat has to get pushed up a lot further for that to fit rear facing). I finished Zy's blanket this morning, I want to get a few more crafty things done... ugh! It's fun when you're not feeling a time crunch - but I'm definitely feeling one now!

I had a really funny thing happen this week. I've said before that my doctor is only at my rural clinic twice a month - so now that I'm going to weekly appointments, I have to go into the city to the main clinic for some of them. I got a call from the main clinic the other day that they needed to reschedule my appointment on the 23rd. No biggie. So I called them back 15 minutes later, and the girl said she could schedule me for November 1st. Poor thing, I laughed at her. I even apologized for it. I explained that these were already the weekly appointments for prenatal care and that my 38 week appointment was on the 30th... so going on the 1st for the week previous didn't make any sense. I said if that was really the only openning they had, I'd just skip it. She went and talked to my doctor's nurse and the nurse said to talk to Dr. P at my next appointment. This is why I made all my appointments already at the main clinic (and why I don't really like going there). They are SO busy. Good sign, I guess, because that means that a lot of people think Dr. P is great - I can't argue them there! So I think I'm going to propose that I go over to the rural clinic on the 23rd, have my nurse do the normal weight and BP check, I'll do the little pee in a cup thing, and have the PA do the measure the baby and listen for heart beat. The only compromise I'm asking for is no internal exam that day... I'm trying to get away with as few of those as possible anyway.

Hope y'all are doing well!
#5 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

I think I am losing my plug...

and no im not sure because I never noticed it with my others.... I have this stringy white stuff. (so sorry if this is tmi) im not sure if this is my plug or not? i always thought it would have blood in it?

i guess it doesn't mean much though!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#6 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 11:38 AM

m2tm - that may be the plug - or at least the start of it. I noticed that the night before (11pm) I lost the same kind of thing with blood tinges in it (4 am).

Yay for babies coming!!!!!!!
#7 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 01:10 PM

I'm closing in on 37 weeks so I'm right there with you!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#8 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm almost to 38 weeks, my EDD is Halloween so I'd been hanging out on Oct and Nov boards. I thought baby was coming sooner rather then later (dd was born right at 38 weeks), but now I'm getting the feeling that this baby is pretty comfy inside.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#9 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:22 PM

I feel like I'm in labor every night to end up falling asleep and of course no baby. I'm at the earliest 37 weeks 4 days but because of when I ovulated I'm more like 38 weeks. And this baby is looowwwww. I've been losing my plug too and no bloody show with it. We are all getting close, wooohoo!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#10 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:27 PM

I'm 37 weeks or so...

Just feeling alot of pressure. Suddenly, I am moving like a turtle and get tired easily. Nothing bad though.....I am really enjoying this pregnancy :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#11 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:29 PM
rad

Don't hate me, but I'm actually feeling really great at 36. Nothing too uncomfy to deal with. No contractions at all, but that's how it usually goes. I still think this baby will come sooner than later.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#12 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:54 PM

At 37 wks I'm actually feeling pretty good. Back aches, hip pain and constant BH really aren't keeping me down as much this pregnancy. Maybe it's because I've been more careful with my weight this time(had so much left over from last time...I didn't need much extra!! )
But I'm still ready to get this show on the road!! DH is freaking out about having the midwife in our messy house.....but if I "popped" tomorrow I'd be happy!

Mom of 4 aspiring midwife "Friend"ly seeker
#13 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

LOL I love that all you mamas that are feeling good say :don't hate me: thats adorable!

last night I took my socks off and noticed this HUGE indentation both my legs where so swollen that it looked like big tree trunks on little feet... my dh got worried and tried to make me call my dr... I didn't because I am not feeling any of the other stuff like headaches or cramps ... just contractions here and there today.

#14 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 03:24 PM

34ish weeks here.

Let's see

Major ctx a few times a day
complete exhaustion coupled with roaming-around-the-house-at2-am insomnia
BAD acid reflux that also keeps me up
dropped baby
and a bad case ofthe grumpies!

But everything is going well!
#15 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Just about 37 weeks... (once I get to Tuesday I'm all clear to deliver at the birth center, but most likely I'll end up over 40 wks)

Sometimes I feel great, other times I feel like crap... these last few days in Florida the weather has finally cooled down (umm, like to the 70s and 80s!) so I can actually open the windows and freshen up the house.

My dh is so so impatient for the baby to come. I keep reminding him that "Booboo's gonna pick his birthday" and "Don't tell me to bring him on faster; I've got no say in it!" I could easily go six more weeks so I'm just trying to keep chill and not expect that he's gonna come early. Plus the later he comes the more hypnobirthing practice I get before labor!

Losing the mucous plug slowly but Baby hasn't dropped though...I'm not exactly looking forward to feeling like there's a bowling ball between my legs!

I have so much to do before december but I don't even know where to start--we're moving in mid december and so everything has to be packed. And we have hundreds of books, many hardbacks which are NO fun to have to pack up. I get a little : just thinking about it but am too lazy to do anything.
#16 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM

Glad to hear from everyone again!!!! Babies are near!!! I can't wait to hear everyone's birth stories and see pics of all the newbies!!!

I am almost 36 weeks and I must say that I am feeling pretty good. I think that has a lot to do with our new king size bed we just bought about a month or so ago! I am pretty grumpy though and wish I could see into the future so I can see exactly what day I will be having this baby so I can tell DP when to take time off of work!! I really don't want to drive myself 2 hours while in labor so I must say I can see why some people choose to be induced (not something I would EVER do). No BH contractions at all (didn't have any with the first two either), I don't think the baby has dropped yet, and no show of mucous plug.

Anyway, hope things continue to go well for everyone!! Have a great last month!!
#17 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 PM

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow... am pretty emotional and wish me and dh could keep it together... we were doing fine for a while, but now he can't handle my emotions and I can't just stop being emotional... my midwife did a nonstress test when I was worried about the baby the other day, and while it came out "fine" both she and the other midwife felt a "heaviness" to it that they didn't like and she talked to me about ways I could relieve stress/guilt, etc. so that I wouldn't be affecting the baby so much... I feel really without my dh's support in this right now though, and am really struggling with how to relieve my stress on my own and with tension between dh and I.... I have to go take another nonstress test in a little bit, I hope the baby is feeling better, though with how I feel right now I would be surprised.... ug.
#18 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrose View Post
I will be 36 weeks tomorrow... am pretty emotional and wish me and dh could keep it together... we were doing fine for a while, but now he can't handle my emotions and I can't just stop being emotional... my midwife did a nonstress test when I was worried about the baby the other day, and while it came out "fine" both she and the other midwife felt a "heaviness" to it that they didn't like and she talked to me about ways I could relieve stress/guilt, etc. so that I wouldn't be affecting the baby so much... I feel really without my dh's support in this right now though, and am really struggling with how to relieve my stress on my own and with tension between dh and I.... I have to go take another nonstress test in a little bit, I hope the baby is feeling better, though with how I feel right now I would be surprised.... ug.

#19 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 07:08 PM

I'm 34w2d and I feel like a giant. I feel like one of those weeble-wobble toys. I think she may have dropped yesterday because I am definately having the bowling ball between my legs feeling. I am having tons of BHs, some that are really uncomfortable. I think this little one may come a little early. I have had dreams that I am in labor every night for the past 5 nights. Something just feels different. This may be a gross question but when you lose your plug is their a different odor to it compared to regular discharge? Also does amniotic fluid have a distinct odor? I guess I am just scared I will start to leak fluid and think it is pee-maybe that's silly but I've never done this before and I am pretty incontinent right now so I do have plenty of gushes of fluid.

Dh and I have been pretty tense. Everything he does is driving me nuts!! I don't know if it is him or me but I am having moments of thinking that there is just no way I can spend one more day with him. I have just been trying really hard to focus my attention on bonding with Lily before she is born and remembering that whatever happens with Dh I will soon having the most precious thing in the world and all the joy that she will bring.
#20 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 07:19 PM

I'm just about 36 weeks and feeling pretty good. I was sick last week with a stomach bug and its taken awhile to get back to "normal" but I'm DEFINETLY feeling a lot more tired these days. I can't believe we're almost here. These last weeks will probably fly by but I want them to go kind of slow since I'm not all that ready but ready too, if that makes sense. I'm excited to hear about all the new babies as they arrive! Take care
#21 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm 34.5 weeks, and feel pretty good. I have my moments of "Ugh", but mostly I feel good. Nighttime has even gotten a *little* better, since baby has started turning diagonal at night (he goes back vertex when I get up). Not sure how he's managing to turn more now than he used to. I think he even floated upward one night. I got 4.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep!!!!!! It was amazing! Normally, you could set a 2 hour timer to my pee breaks.

He's been more of a wiggleworm today, and with so little room in there, I'm really feeling it alot more. Hopefully he'll sleep tonight!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#22 of 30 Old 10-15-2006, 10:36 PM

I'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday. I've felt so great throughout my whole pregnancy but suddenly... I'm just one big grouch. I feel like baby is cutting off my circulation - I have numbness on one side of my thigh and generally find it hard to sleep for more than a few hours. I went swimming yesterday and that helped a lot so maybe that will be my routine until this baby comes. I've spent this whole pregnancy kinda scared about being a mom but suddenly I feel really ready and like I don't want to wait and think about it anymore.

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

#23 of 30 Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 AM

I'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Feeling fine. Having a mild BH right now! Tomorrow I am going to the World Championship Gymnastics (women's qualifications), which is in my town. I did gymnastics as a little girl and always dreamed of going to a real gymnastics event. I have never been so excited in my life!
#24 of 30 Old 10-16-2006, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

those events are SOOO much fun!

Went to the dr today... suposedly I have lost 3 pounds in 4 days... hmmm interesting.

there was a horrible man there when I was in line to register for my blood draw and he skipped ahead of me and pushed me aside!

then when he was leaving I was walking out and he swung the door so hard it almost hit me... I lost it and started yelling at him... I asked him how proud would your mother be seeing you barge in line in front of a pregnant women! then I called him a jackass and I felt better LOL

#25 of 30 Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM

Hi ladies! I'm 33w 4d. Bit I measured REALLY big at my 32w appointment, so I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if I'm further along than we think. (I was on the pill when I conceived, so I have NO idea when it might have been)...

But I'm feeling like I'm 40+ weeks. I have TONS of BH contractions, swell up pretty bad if I'm up and about, have period-like cramps and low back ache, VERY emotional, can't sleep, pee all the time, UGH.

I also got a nasty UTI this weekend, so that isn't helping.

I got really emotional the other night though..started crying, because I just coudln't get comfortable. and I just wanted my body back!!!! But most of the time I'm content to be pregnant. I swear, my mood can change in nano-seconds lately.
#26 of 30 Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM

Well I am 36 weeks this wednesday. Never sleep at night only during the day. Had first noticable contractions yesterday. Heartburn non stop. and my left hip hurts from trying to lay on it all the time. If I copuld sleep I'd feel great...but I cant so.... My last day at work is wednesday due to exhaustion. Lovin being pregnant though! It is the neatest feeling, and hubby really started to get involved. Did a belly cast this weekend...so cute!! Huge but cute!!
#27 of 30 Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany_in_ga View Post
Hi ladies! I'm 33w 4d. Bit I measured REALLY big at my 32w appointment, so I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if I'm further along than we think. (I was on the pill when I conceived, so I have NO idea when it might have been)...
Tiffany, scannings after the 1st trimester are extremely inaccurate. They can be weeks off. And let's say you get one and they put you at 36 weeks instead of 33 weeks? Then what, you get induced at 41 weeks or so, when you could in reality be in week 37 or 38? Looney. Don't go for the ultrasound, and keep your current due date! Because you were on the pill and didn't know, did you have a scanning in the 1st trimester? That would be more accurate, plus/minus 10 days.
#28 of 30 Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 AM

Hi there. I just posted a thread to introduce myself to this board. I signed up for the forum this evening.. and man do I ever wish I had found this earlier.

I'll be 36 weeks this Saturday and feeling pretty damned good... ok, with the exception of the knee that my little one keeps insisting would feel better outside my belly than in. Other than the *constant* need to pee and the almost perpetual lack of sleep, I feel pretty good. I've always been a tummy or a back sleeper so my hips are taking a real beating from all this side sleeping... but well, I figure I'm on the home stretch now, so it can't last too much longer. Oh yeah, that heartburn really does suck. I've been downing papaya enzymes for the past few weeks and that does seem to help somewhat.
#29 of 30 Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Well, I am 37 weeks today! It is hard to believe that we are all so close.

My hips and lower back are really hurting me today. I am almost ready for this baby to come but I wouldn't mind if he stayed in for a week or so more. Everything feels a lot harder these days with the extra weight. I can only do so much each day and that is difficult to accept.

I am going tomorrow for an appointment with my family doctor to see if she will also be my baby's doctor. Then I don't have an appointment with my midwives until next Wednesday when I will be picking up my home birth kit!
#30 of 30 Old 10-19-2006, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetnLindley View Post
I am going tomorrow for an appointment with my family doctor to see if she will also be my baby's doctor. Then I don't have an appointment with my midwives until next Wednesday when I will be picking up my home birth kit!
I have to say that that is one of the best parts of having my family practioner helping with the birth (I'm totally not dissing the seeing a midwife thing - if assisted homebirth were legal here, I'd be having one, too). I don't have to call another doctor in to see my child before leaving... one doctor (that I love and trust) goes from helping with my birth to checking my child and then sees both of us for our follow up appointments.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page