What have you made/done for your newbies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to see all the creativity here! Whether it's painting a room or crocheting/sewing/knitting blankets, car seat covers, diapers, carriers... whatever! I know we have lots of crafties in here - and even those who aren't regularly get the bug while their pregnant. Show us what you've done!!!
#2 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

I still want to sew a couple ring slings (I already have the material - just need the time). But these are my two biggest projects so far - a blanket and a hat/sweater/booties set (and I made a matching set of booties/slippers for my son, too).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/DSC04532.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/DSC04495.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/DSC04497.jpg
(the last is a close-up of the yarn)

Other than that, when I made some wipes for my best friend's baby shower WAY back at the beginning of the pregnancy, I made some extras for this baby, too. I have a whole bunch of projects that I'd like to do (tons of fleece and flannel to use - just sitting there...) but it's a lot harder with a toddler to keep entertained during the day - and exhaustion at night.
#3 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 PM

I made a quilt. it is too big for her to really use now, but when she transitions to a crib (which won't be for a long while!) she can use it there!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...st13/quilt.jpg
#4 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 02:30 PM
rad

These are the only things I've taken a picture of so far. I also have another pair of longies and a pumpkin hat.

http://www.sighost.us/members/radrey...en_longies.jpg

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#5 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 02:59 PM

I am quite proud to say I havn't done one thing lol

You go mamas!!!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#6 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've been madly making diapers. Here's the first 10 I made. I'm up to 22 now, but haven't taken pictures of the 2nd set yet.

Still need to make a ring sling, since I gave my old one away to a friend who *really* needed it. I was going to make her one, but I was still in my non-sewing slump of earlier pregnancy. Now I'm in major nesting mode and am a sewing fool!!! I might even make a diaper bag. We'll see.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#7 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 11:29 PM

I'm sooo jealous of all you talented craftswomen! Those blankets are so pretty and the longies and diapers are beautiful! I'm totally drooling over your diapers, Vera...such a cute little stash, especially the blue one! It makes me wish I could sew well instead of spending extra money on buying readymade diapers.

Since I'm not really crafty (too impatient!), I'm relying on my mom--she's making me some ring slings, and has already done a pouch and a wrap. She also crocheted a blanket and some booties/hats. Plus she took some wool sweaters and made soakers and longies! All I have to do now is get her to make some fitted diapers, heh heh Her secretary even sewed some stuff for me which I thought was really sweet: a sleep sack, a quilt, and some bibs. I can't wait to see the stuff--my mom is sending some in the mail and the rest will come when she arrives Nov. 16th.
#8 of 8 Old 10-16-2006, 06:45 AM

Wow, love the blankets.
I'm doing life drawing classes (no photos yet) and still painting:
http://www.abrosenlund.com/paintings/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page