I should just wait till tomorrow appt right? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My feet have swollen up majorly in the last day or so... its getting quite uncomfortable... I have a dr appt tomorrow... I should just wait right?

Just tell me there is no reason I should go in now when I can just go in tomorrow lol thats what I wanna hear...

dh thinks I should call the on call peri and see... i dont wanna!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#2 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 12:08 AM

Not from your DDC but when I was PG with my twins that was one of those things that I was told to call in about due to complications....Personally I think it warrants a call to your Dr.
#3 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 AM

You probably don't want to hear this, but I would call now, too. If it's pre-e, things can go downhill rapidly. If the swelling had been building up gradually, I'd say you could wait. But since it sounds like this has all come on in the last 2 days - I'd call now.

I'm sorry, hun!
#4 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 AM

if it came on suddenly, i'd put in a call just to be safe.
#5 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 AM

If you don't have any other symptoms (i.e. headache, blurred vision), and the swelling is for the most part just in your ankles and is worst at the end of the day, I wouldn't worry about calling before your appointment.

If you're noticing swelling all over, or if you seem really swollen in the early part of the day, I'd call just to make sure.

But it's totally normal for your ankles and feet to get pretty horribly swollen during the course of the day. I've had swollen ankles at the end of the day almost everyday for the last couple of weeks (but before that nothing). My midwife said it's because of the baby's head blocking off circulation. My blood pressure is the lowest it's been all pregnancy, I don't have swelling anywhere else, and the swelling goes away during the night when I'm lying down so she said not to worry about it at all.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#6 of 6 Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Ok well I called last night and I was told to just change my appt to this morning instead of afternoon... I went in and they took my Blood pressure and it was very high 149/97 but I am pretty sure that was from walking and walking the 2 mile hospital hike to get to the peri center.

I rested and they took it again and it was 127/72 then they did a nst testing ... and i had to give them some blood (another mile hike)

and they sent me home and told me they will call me when they know more.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page