Round 1.......early labor that stopped :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So....last night from 4pm through out the night I was having contractions and pressure in my public area. Slept though had to pee ALOT and switched positions about 100 times.

This morning? Nothing!

Baby is moving alot and contractions have ended.

This is not abnormal for me. Usually when this happens, my cervix softens and I dialate to about 2cm. Then I can sit there for a couple of weeks.

That is ok though.....labors have gone fast as a result. (6 hrs, 3 1/2 hrs, 1 1 1/2 hrs)

SO we will see what happens!

(x posted in Oct DDC)

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2006, 03:05 PM

I'm right there with ya!! I'm have cramping along with the contractions (lots lower back pain), pressure galore and loose stools (sorry tmi). I also seem to have quick labors so I'm trying to keep that in mind!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 10-17-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

It was so weird....I started panicking and wanted to clean the house for the homebirth!

I kept thinking, "People can't visit with it looking like this!"

"I should wash up the baby's clothes." (All clean already )

Instead I MADE myself relax and go with the flow.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 10-17-2006, 05:36 PM

I have had something similar. I am trying to read up if it is in fact early labor cause i've never done this before.
I went to bed last nite at 12:30 am and I started having menstrual like cramps in my back. I didn't really feel contractions but then again I am overweight so I dunno if I will feel them as good in the belly as some ppl.
Anyways. All nite i felt them. I slept on and off. Up to the bathroom as usual tonnes of times. I have had indigestion, loose stools, and the cramping is still here. at 1:30 in the afternoon. its not as bad. But i dunno if i should worry.
I haven't felt that much movement but I have been sleeping alot and the baby always has such a high heart beat and i dont tend to feel it move unless i drink or eat and lay down.
Anyways......I am due nov. 1st. Could this be an early babe?? Hmm.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:10 PM

As we round the corner to the last few weeks of pg, our bodies are gonna be changing a lot again--just when I got used to the last stage!
I've been having serious pubic bone issues--wasn't sure if it was pubic bone, ligament, or bladder issues, but I'm leaning towards pubic bone...Have a chiro appt tomorrow so I hope that really makes me 'better'...but this is just one of those 'things' in the final weeks of pg.
Loose stools, contrax/BH, mucus plug, initial dialation, etc...we are in the home stretch! I wanna think these will lead to an early baby, but I know that I could be a week late even with these 'symptoms'...oh well, I'm sure we will ALL want to go early at some point--but I will REALLY miss being pg--and I will miss having alone time with my dd...so I'm enjoying it while I can!
Hope we all have minimal aches, pains, and poop! hahahaha
Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBER1983 View Post
I didn't really feel contractions but then again I am overweight so I dunno if I will feel them as good in the belly as some ppl.
I'm overweight, too... and was moreso with my son's pregnancy. I promise you - you'll be able to feel the contractions =)

Don't worry about weight effecting whether you will have a normal birth or if you can feel certain things happening... fat women have babies just like skinny ones (I'm not trying to be crass... I have no problem with the term "fat" - I hope that's not offensive to you).

Take a look at this site if you haven't yet:
http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

And everything you feel... ALL of it is working toward bringing the baby out. Whether that happens tomorrow or two weeks "overdue," every contraction, every ache and every loose stool is helping toward the goal of a healthy, happy, breathing-on-its-own baby
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

to all mamas....we are in the home stretch

Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM

Ugh, I hear you!

I did NOT sleep last night, and had lots of weak ctx all night. Then nothing this morning.

Just a bit farther to go
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1080 View Post
Ugh, I hear you!

I did NOT sleep last night, and had lots of weak ctx all night. Then nothing this morning.

Just a bit farther to go

Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 PM

I spent Tuesday night from 10 pm to about 10 am Wednesday morning w/ contx. that were 3 min. apart and lasting about 50 sec. to a minute. I have been getting them off and on but nothing like that night. My 1st was born at 37w 6d, I hope this one does not take longer than that. I can't wait to see him.

Single mom to two boys (10 and 4)

User Tag List