gestational diabetes scare! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My blood sugar was really high two times in a row, so I had to go through the glucose tolerance test yesterday, yuck! I spent the first hour struggling to keep the glucola down, and then getting blood drawn 4 times... ug. Anyway, luckily, the results came out fine, so my midwife is attributing my high blood sugar results to stress... not surprising since I also recently did two nonstress tests which were "fine" and don't warrant further testing, but not "great." And, on my most stressful days recently, the baby has turned posterior, with its feet on my right side instead of the middle of my belly (it will not occupy the left side at all!) It turned back today finally though, so I guess I just really need to figure out ways to relieve all this stress! Though it is difficult, now my birth plan is wavering because my dh is feeling unsupported and overwhelmed by the women who are going to be there... my mom (the main midwife) a second midwife who is a good friend of my family's, my sister, and a woman who is like a second mom to me... so no one that he is very familiar or intimate with.... and though he did say that it is possible that in the middle of an intense labor he may not notice or feel uncomfortable, I am afraid that I will have to sacrifice my ideal birth plan and rearrange things, which would be really hard and cause tension between me and the people I would have to ask to not be present (probably my sister and the other women, as the two midwives have to be there).... ug. Anyway, thanks for letting me get it all out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page