Mothering Forum banner

A solid rock!!

842 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  CDS 
#1 ·
My stomach is solid!!! I am talking really really hard!!! Usually there is some give to it and some spots where the baby is are hard and the rest are softer but today my stomach is a solid rock everywhere!!! This may sound stupid but should I be concerned!?!?!? It has never felt like this before!!

#4 ·
So great to know I'm not the only one! I told dh the other day my tummy was so hard he could probably break a 2x4 over it. Now if only I could say that after baby arrives!

Now someone tell us it means baby will be here sooner rather than later! I'm ready to get this show on the road!

#5 ·
I got a bit hopeful that it was the start of labor or something, but just really frequent Braxton Hicks, most of the day! I guess our morning fun ahem...had something to do with bringing them on. That's what the midwife said.
But I am sure it is a good warmup, getting my body ready for whenever baby comes...soemtime in the next day or few weeks...LOL
Erica
Good luck, have a wonderful labor, I know you will!!

#6 ·
Mine is like this all the time these days... BH's are even waking me up in the night sometimes with how rock hard my belly gets... but they are doing good work! I went from being 1 cm dilated two weeks ago to being 3 cms dilated! Yay! Less work for labor!

#8 ·
Nod to the dilation thing, too. I'm not a big fan of dilation checks because I don't like how discouraging they can be week after week to hear, "nothing, really!" I was able to hold my doctor off for two weeks, and this is really the only "test" that she pushes at all. Last week, "nothing, really" - yesterday - 2 cm! If this means that the BHs and baby clawing at my cervix are doing their thing, I'm all for avoiding the big contraction pains as much as possible

#9 ·
Hmmm my friend who is training to be a doula showed me how to find out how much I've dialated without taking my pants off. I'll have to get the info from her again so I can see if anything's going on with that.

It's odd, I've been pregnant twice and I've never had an internal exam with either.

Planning on taking the herbal brew again this weekend to see if baby is ready to make an entrance. Sunday is Father's Day here in Sweden so I have a goal-what better FD present can there be?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine*girl View Post
Planning on taking the herbal brew again this weekend to see if baby is ready to make an entrance. Sunday is Father's Day here in Sweden so I have a goal-what better FD present can there be?
Sunshine girl, thanks for the reminder about fathers day. Off to the store.

What is the recipe for herbal brew? And are you able to get the herbs in Sweden? I can't get much here, so I mail ordered rescue remedy, comfrey, uva ursi.... from the USA.

I also don't plan on any vaginal checks. I don't want the discouragement, or false encouragement.

I am also having bh, very very firm, lasting maybe an hour, then relaxing for a short while, then back again for another hour. I can't pee with them, only a tiny sprinkle at a time. (Sorry TMI, but curious if others have the same issue) I can sleep through them which is great.

#11 ·
The herbal brew is something my midwife gave me. It is weleda so everything is in German. So I'm absolutely no help there. It's something that I add to about 1tbsp of water and take twice a day. I took a break this week but I'll be taking it again on Friday to see if I can't get things going.

Everyone tells me red wine works a charm.

I don't remember trying to pee while having the rock belly. But I do sleep through them no problem. The worse is when I have the hard belly and my "super flexible" pelvis starts to hurt. OW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.