Yeast treatment at 40 weeks + ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-10-2006, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last week, my midwife identified that I have yeast and I had thought so but there hasn't been any discharge. Can I do a treatment from the drug store? I have tried vinegar, tea tree oil, ice, acidophilus, no underwear, etc. but nothing has worked really well.

I have started to dilate so I don't know if that would make a difference. Could I try the 7 day treatment since it would be a lower dose? Should I just keep doing my same things and trust that it will go away with delivery? The itching was really bad until I started all of my 'natural' treatments but it is still irritating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 PM

I'm dealing with the same thing. My mw said to do the 3 or 7 day treatment. I'm 39w2d, I bought the 3 day treatment and I'm going to start tonight. Good luck this is no fun!
#3 of 7 Old 11-10-2006, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! Your post made me think that I could try something. I will be going out tonight to pick it up!
#4 of 7 Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 AM

hopping over from dec ddc. I dealt w/ a lot of yeast in my first pg and my midwife suggested to use myhr tincture. It worked really well. Make sure to dilute it w/ hot water to get the alcohol out so that it doesn't burn like a sob. Make sure that dh uses it as well as yeast is transferred back and forth and that can make the problem significantly worse.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#5 of 7 Old 11-12-2006, 02:18 AM

I am right there with you! I am 38 weeks pregnant and have been dealing with yeast this entire pregnancy. I've done everything under the sun no over the counter medication. But, last week I decided it was time for a 7 day Monistat treatment. My son had thrush after he was born and it was the worst thing I've ever dealt with. I felt as though I were breastfeeding glass. So, I say treat it so you don't have to deal with it after baby comes.
Much luck,
Kat
#6 of 7 Old 11-12-2006, 09:52 PM

hopping over... if you haven't tried sticking a clove of garlic up there, you might want to try that. I did that and it's all better. Just peel a clove and shove it up there at bed time. If you have a bad infection and it doesn't burn to do, you can nick the garlic in a few places, and that gives you a higher dose.
#7 of 7 Old 11-14-2006, 01:35 AM

Garlic is good and also try inserting an acidopholis capsule in the evening before bed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page