Anyone else still pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-Rollcall-
I can't be the only one here who hasn't delivered yet. I've had contractions every night for the last week that start around 1:30 am, get stronger, closer and then stop after 2 or 3 hours. Baby is still high and shows no signs of moving any time soon.

Meanwhile, I'm tired, cranky, itchy, and agitated. Maybe I should just move over to the Dec DDC now.
#2 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 01:48 PM

I'm still here, baby packed tightly inside. I'm working on borrowed time though....I go to the hospital on Monday to check baby's heartbeat and the amniotic fluid levels then we're going to talk induction. :

I had a doctor try a sweep on Monday morning but my cervix is still far back and not dialated. My midwife tried again the next evening but no dice then either. That had me depressed for a day. But not much we can really do at this point. My midwife gave me stronger homeopathic meds to help get things started and I've been taking those 3 times a day since Wednesday.

Red wine will be ingested on Saturday evening and then if still nothing the breastpump will be plugged in on Sunday.

Good luck getting labor started soon!
#3 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 01:52 PM

me
I'm exhausted, have contractions all the time......
My midwife is giving me until Sunday PLEASE send labor vibes my way!!!!
This baby HAS to come out soon!!! *sigh*

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#4 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 02:14 PM

YES, and I don't wanna talk about it:

j/k, I am 40wk2 days now. I am so ready, but babe is not:
#5 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM

Still pregnant here tooo (#1), you are not alone, my "due date" was last week-end.
Just waiting... but not so patiently :-)
Got the knitting needles out again this week, it distracted me a bit.
The depressing part is not to go past the due date, is that I had somehow a feeling that it would be on the 24th, no clue why, just a feeling... Harder to take since no baby seems to want to show up today.
Hopefully baby decides to get out soon,

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#6 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 03:58 PM

40 and 5 days here. Contractions started last night around 11pm then got intense 5-6 min apart around 6am. I had a cup of coffee and they stopped! I've had one or 2 an hour since then. I'm tired, my dh is jittery. And i need sleep...
#7 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 04:19 PM

Still hanging in there to. I'm 41 wks 4 days, baby is low but I'm only 1 cm . My midwife had me do a NST and ultrasound for fluid levels last Tues. (everything was fine). I was supposed to do the tests again today, but cancelled my appointment. I really don't want to be induced! I have contrax every evening for at least 3-4 hrs for the last 4 weeks and have been sleeping in the recliner every night for the last 2 weeks (pelvic pain sucks). I can't wait to be done with this pregnancy and hold my baby. Good luck to everyone, it really can't be much longer (at least thats what I keep telling myself).
#8 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Still pregnant here, much to everyones suprise since all the docs said I was unlikely to get to 35 weeks. Well I'm now 41, baby 1 docs 0

It is getting a bit old though, especially since induction options are pretty limited since this one will (hopefully) be a VBAC. I'm really hoping that things will start happening this weekend, I keep having painful contractions but they fizzle out again after a few hours.
#9 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 06:07 PM

Still pregnant here too! I'm 41 weeks 2 days, just waiting. They really can't stay in there forever can they?
#10 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 06:08 PM

My official due date is Saturday, so I'm not technically past that yet, but I'm ready! I've had some irregular contractions and cramping at night, but that's about it. OB says my cervix is soft but not dialated and since it's my first baby I will probably go a least 41 weeks...we shall see! Perhaps I should start lurking the Dec board.

Good luck all you ladies! It won't be long now, though it may seem like an eternity.
#11 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 06:25 PM

My EDD is the 29th and already the suspense is building. I'm so curious to know when this little girl will join us and how it will all play out. In the meantime, I did go for my tests today, but got out of going Monday. Maybe I won't have to go to any more at all???
#12 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 07:08 PM

40 weeks...5 days...*sigh*
#13 of 34 Old 11-24-2006, 09:37 PM

due yesterday. 10 min apart contrax all day every day...this had BETTER be making me get ready for labor contax and not just strong/painful B-H. so impatient!!!!!!!!!! hang in there, ladies. it wont be long now...

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#14 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 06:04 AM

I'm waiting too. I was due on Wednesday or Thanksgiving Day, depending on whose dates you believe. I tried to convince myself that this baby would not be likely to come early, but I guess I believe statistics too much. (I think that 2/3 of all 2nd and following pregnancies the baby comes before the due date.)

My BH went away for most of the last 6 weeks and only started up again occasionally in the last week or so. I've been having more BH the last couple of days, but only 1-2 ctx at most per day that are even remotely painful. My cervix is still way up there, so who knows what it is doing. I've refused checks when I see the OB because I really don't think anything is happening. I saw my OB for my 40 week check on Wednesday and I told him I didn't want to know because it would depress me. He said that it would be much better if he didn't check me, because he is bad at lying!

I'm lucky that I have a really laid-back OB who believes in women's abilities to give birth without messing with things. I switched to him at 6-7 months preggo with dd because I didn't like the answers I was getting from the OB I saw before. I went in on Wednesday for my 40 week check and don't have to go back until next Wednesday at 41 weeks! :-D With dd I had to go in twice a week after 40 weeks, but my OB said that he isn't worried now because dd and I both did fine and she was born 1 week past her due date. :-D And if I go past 41 weeks, I only have to go in every other day. (With dd they wanted me to come in every day. I'm much happier not having to drive there every day! lol )

I was getting really depressed about still being pregnant, but fortunately I'm getting over that. I've been working non-stop for at least 6 weeks (actually it's more like since late August or early September! : ) trying to get everything done that I want to have done before this baby comes.: I realized a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't get everything done even if I go to 45 weeks! I'm not interested in being preggo that long!

Today we went to buy a dresser for dd and the new baby to share and pick up some things at Babies R Us that I couldn't find at closer stores. All of the baby clothes and things are washed and sorted neatly in rubbermaid bins (boy or gender-neutral and then the girl stuff). I will be so glad when we get the new dresser so I can get the bins out of my living room!

Now if I could just stop being so damn paranoid. I haven't been feeling the baby move much lately and it is freaking me out. : I've had a really paranoid feeling throughout most of this pregnancy.:
#15 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingHyena View Post
It is getting a bit old though, especially since induction options are pretty limited since this one will (hopefully) be a VBAC. I'm really hoping that things will start happening this weekend, I keep having painful contractions but they fizzle out again after a few hours.
I'm with you on that one! I have to go to the hospital on Monday for tests to check the baby's heartbeat and the fluid levels and then on to see the doctor to discuss induction and section options. I've never gone into labor before even though this is my second pregnancy and I so desperately want to experience that. But not with induction techniques.

The amazing thing is that I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. : I have no idea how I manage that since I'm bloody well huge and getting around is no easy task.

Sending more labor vibes to y'all from Sweden.
#16 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 03:24 PM

I'm due Thursday. I lost my mucous plug yesterday!

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#17 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 03:46 PM

My u/s based due date was November 13.. but the due date based on actual conception is tomorrow...

But my Dad is in from the other coast, and I've been having 2 am ctx almost every night - and they occassionally last HOURS. My m/w wanted me to do a NST last week, but I declined until my REAL due date (actual I didn't decline, just didn't make an appointment!)

But Tuesday, I think I'll get one done... I'm so ready!
#18 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 05:46 PM

I'm still going - according to the original estimate, today is my due date (I thought for sure it was 2 weeks ago)

Been having contractions on and off for two weeks now, though w/in the last 24 hours, they've gotten pretty strong in comparison. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Baby's been in position for a REALLY long time (a couple of months) and I've been ready ....... come on baby, GET BORN! lol

Abby crochetsmilie.gif madly in love with surf.gif Amy

Mama to Danny superhero.gif 12/18/04 and Shenandoah hearts.gif 12/13/06 

computergeek2.gif http://cleanqueen.wordpress.com nocirc.gif  selectivevax.gif  namaste.gif     
#19 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine*girl View Post
I'm with you on that one! I have to go to the hospital on Monday for tests to check the baby's heartbeat and the fluid levels and then on to see the doctor to discuss induction and section options. I've never gone into labor before even though this is my second pregnancy and I so desperately want to experience that. But not with induction techniques.

The amazing thing is that I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. : I have no idea how I manage that since I'm bloody well huge and getting around is no easy task.

Sending more labor vibes to y'all from Sweden.
I'll join you ladies as I'm going on 41 weeks tomorrow and a vbac mommy as well. I'm trying really really hard not to focus on "going into labor" as I know it's a distraction but it's so hard not to ya know. My patience with my twins is at an all time low, I have nothing to wear, no winter jacket b/c I refuse to spend money on one knowing I'll only use it for a week or so (I hope).

My body has never went into labor either as my twins were a scheduled c-section. Many many labors vibes to all us overdue mommies here!!!!
#20 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 10:55 PM

I'm 41 weeks tomorrow too! Due date was Nov. 19th...I went 41 weeks and 3 days with my first...if for some reason I go past that this time I will probably flip out.
#21 of 34 Old 11-25-2006, 11:16 PM

I'm so with you yep_theyre_twins on the clothes thing! Good luck everybody here's some more
#22 of 34 Old 11-26-2006, 04:45 AM

Quote:
'm so with you yep_theyre_twins on the clothes thing
add me in too. Tomorrow I guess I'll go through my sweatshirts and hope that at least one or two of them will fit around me now. I sure hope that they will! It's getting colder here! I don't like being cold! :
#23 of 34 Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 AM

I've pretty much been wearing pyjamas for the past few days I'm not even due until Thursday so I'm trying not to obsess about going into labor. But like a pp said, it's hard! I lost my mucous plug yesterday and now everytime I go to the bathroom I'm looking for bloody show. I've heard losing the mucuous plug is one of the less reliable signs that labor is going to start : I've also been a little crampy today which is getting me all excited! I really need to just relax and get some sleep but I just can't wait to have this little guy in my arms! Labor vibes to everyone

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#24 of 34 Old 11-26-2006, 07:15 PM

Hi, girls,
My due date was Turkey day, which came and went with lots of cxs, which have come and gone, except that now when they come, they are pretty painful. I've given up being excited when they start, because they always fizzle out and leave me exhausted. I had some bloody show yesterday, but i lost my mucus plug over two weeks ago, so that's no sure way to tell that labor is imminent! At least I have been getting some good sleep at night! I went to the Dr. on Friday and she told me that the baby hasn't engaged yet, and that my cervixwas only 2 cm. dilated. I just want to see this kid already!
It was bad enough being pg thru the hot California summer we had this year,
with elephant ankles and heat rash between my legs and boobs, but now, being cold outside makes the cxs even worse! Enough already!I want to see my baby!
#25 of 34 Old 11-26-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmama44 View Post
Hi, girls,
My due date was Turkey day, which came and went with lots of cxs, which have come and gone, except that now when they come, they are pretty painful. I've given up being excited when they start, because they always fizzle out and leave me exhausted. I had some bloody show yesterday, but i lost my mucus plug over two weeks ago, so that's no sure way to tell that labor is imminent! At least I have been getting some good sleep at night! I went to the Dr. on Friday and she told me that the baby hasn't engaged yet, and that my cervixwas only 2 cm. dilated. I just want to see this kid already!
It was bad enough being pg thru the hot California summer we had this year,
with elephant ankles and heat rash between my legs and boobs, but now, being cold outside makes the cxs even worse! Enough already!I want to see my baby!
OMG--i could have written this post! i also had an edd of thanksgiving day and had contrax ALLLLLLLLLLL day that day. i really thought it was going to happen that night. then nothing. nothing the next day. then saturday really intense contrax again all day. today nothing. WTF?!?!?!? i also lost my mucous plug over 2 weeks ago. i've since lost my "plug" about 4 times a day every day : my MW says there is no such thing as a mucous plug, but that your cervix continually produces more mucous. obviously this is the case with me.

Veggie Family
#26 of 34 Old 11-26-2006, 10:51 PM

Yep, I'm still with you, too. My EDD was either Wed, Thurs or Sat, depending on whose dates you believe. ( I am inclined to go with yesterday.)

I have lots of crampiness, and my ctx are picking up, especially during a long walk I took with the dog today. Tomorrow, I get a prenatal massage and I'm going to walk more. Maybe go swimming.

I have a feeling that active labor is going to kick in late at night.
#27 of 34 Old 11-27-2006, 08:45 AM

I'm still here too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAUCmama View Post
I'm 41 weeks tomorrow too! Due date was Nov. 19th...I went 41 weeks and 3 days with my first...if for some reason I go past that this time I will probably flip out.
Hey birth twin!! didn't see that you were around these parts!
41w+1 and counting...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#28 of 34 Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 PM

Still pregnant here, too. Though my edd is November 30- which means I should probably be equally due in December. I'm sick of people pressuring me about the baby coming. He's not even DUE YET!!!

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#29 of 34 Old 11-27-2006, 02:18 PM

the worst part of it is that i'm so cynical about it now. i used to pay attention to all the contrax/cramps and mucous and everything. now i'm like "whatever. i'm never going into labor" like, at times i really do believe that its never going to happen. i know that's stupid, but i'm an irrational pregnant woman!

who do you think will be the last one in this DDC to give birth in the actual month of november? lets start a new thread--just for amusement. if your EDD is the 30th, that doesn't count!

Veggie Family
#30 of 34 Old 11-27-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohagrace View Post
the worst part of it is that i'm so cynical about it now. i used to pay attention to all the contrax/cramps and mucous and everything. now i'm like "whatever. i'm never going into labor" like, at times i really do believe that its never going to happen. i know that's stupid, but i'm an irrational pregnant woman!
No, I can totally comiserate! I feel the same way! I don't even feel the least bit excited like I did with my first couple. My third I felt more this way, but now I can't actually allow myself to believe I'll ever go into labour. Why are just a few days so hard to pass at this point?

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page