Lump in breast!! Worried. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wondering if this is a clogged milk duct or something like that.
Does anyone else have little lumps in their breast that you can feel when you do like a self-breast exam?
I don't think I had this before..but then again I wasn't always pulling out my boobs and feeling them. Hah.
But in my left breast, by my nipple I have this pea size bump and i feel it when my breasts are tight and full of milk but then when my babe feeds off it, it kinda goes down and i don't know where it is as well (but its still there).
Does this make sense? I feel the other breast and I don't feel that same thing.I am overweight and so in my breasts I have like fat deposits that feel lumpy but I hafta squeeze to feel them. It also is in my stomach area and other places. But this is not the same thing that I am feeling this time.
Can anyone help? I am really worried and my mom tells me to go see a doc. But I have a 6 week checkup on Jan 8th. Should I wait?
#2 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 06:02 PM

Draw an imaginary line down the middle of your breast and then across the middle, making a cross with the intersecting point being your nipple. Find the lump within that space. If it is on the top left of your left breast or the top right of your right breast, call right now to make an appointment. Call this week anyway, and they will have you do the same thing, likely. You can have an ultrasound done on the breast to see if the lump is fluid filled or solid. It is common for nursing moms to get fluid filled lumps that are not milk. These are totally not a big deal and nothing to worry about. Having a needle aspiration is a bad idea if you are still nursing because the needle can puncture the milk ducts. I would not wait another 6 weeks. Why wait when you can have some peace of mind now? The breast u/s takes only a minute and generally shows a fluid filled lump. Voila, you are done and no more worries.

Hope that helps!
#3 of 5 Old 12-05-2006, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hello.

The lump is above the areola.(brown part).
Soo I phoned & made a doc appointment for Wednesday.

I'll keep u all updated.
Thanks for the reassurance. I hope its nothing and just like what u said.

-Kimberly-
#4 of 5 Old 12-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Not in your ddc, but if the lump changes after nursing, it could just be a clogged duct that gets full and has trouble emptying out?
#5 of 5 Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

The lump has disappeared. Yesterday morning I felt it and then I haven't since.
Thank goodness!!!!

I still went to the dr. this morning and he thinks it was a clogged milk duct based on where the lump WAS and that it spontaneously disappeared.
I am sooo relieved.

-Kim-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page