Dec updates (for Nov 06 DDC) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how is everyone doing? How are the babies? Who is still expecting?

Give an update......Happy December!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#2 of 27 Old 12-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Everything is going pretty awesomely here! Darwin will be turning two weeks old tomorrow and I can't believe how quickly and how slowly the time is going by. It feels like we've always had him, I can't imagine my life without him here. And yet I also still have moment where I'm convinced that I'm still pregnant, and then boy is it confusing that there's already a baby here!

Darwin's turning into more of a human being every single day ... showing a serious stubborn streak (just like both of his parents), his eyes are managing to focus really well these days, he's awesome!

I am still very weepy, but it seems to be equally divided between being so happy that I'm crying and feeling like I must be doing something wrong. These hormones are killers, huh? I'm definitely still running on not enough sleep, but I just figured out how to nurse lying down, which has made things significantly easier around here ... last night I went to bed at 11 and didn't get up until 8:30 this morning! It's like a miracle!

And now my biggest concern is trying to find something that I can do to earn money out of the home. I really don't want to put Darwin in daycare but my husband will never earn enough for me to be home without earning some kind of income. Does anybody have any suggestions for things that they know really work? Any help would be appreciated.

And yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Hope you all are doing fabulously.

Super lots of love and hugs from me to all of you.

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#3 of 27 Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM

I'm still pregnant. And starting to think I will be for the rest of my life. Sheesh.

Babe was due Nov. 25.
#4 of 27 Old 12-07-2006, 01:53 AM

We're doing great here! We were nursing laying down from the beginning so we have had more than enough sleep...I go to bed around 12 midnight...and up around 930am...my mom and dad are here so they are handling my 4yrold in the mornings and letting us sleep in! He is a great nurser...at night it seems like he nurses in 4hr increments...on a few occasions I've woken up and checked the clock and actually roused him awake to nurse--he may have slept longer! But I'm not ready for that--I need to make sure this nursing relationship lasts a LONG LONG LONG time! hahahaha

DH is really feeling bummed that he is not here. He was so impressed with the birth--the fact that I had these women really taking care of me--never leaving my side--really 'moved' him. So different from the 'come and go' actions of the nurses in the hospital with dd's birth... I'm very happy with and proud of my homebirth--but I can't say it didn't hurt!

As for me...I only bled for 2 days and then only lochia...I started to worry that maybe it was due to a clot or something...but I started bleeding again after carrying TJ in the car seat...and I've been spotting ever since...mostly just spotting, some days is a little more...

DD is a little mommy and over all she has handled this change well--but she is used to changes--what with daddy always deploying! DS is a sweet baby--and I can't believe that his little voice sounds so male to me! Just precious!

Had our 2wk appt...went well--but a little annoying...Dr was great with her views on breastfeeding...but reminded me to only let baby sleep on his back, in his own bassinet, and I may want to start laying him down only 1/2 asleep so he starts settling himself down to sleep...well, we co-sleep...and I can't imagine putting him down only 1/2 asleep anyways since he nurses to sleep and is OUT...ugh.

Oh--only other thing...I have an umbillical hernia...it sucks...I can feel my intestines thru the hole. I know I should get it fixed, but some say I should wait until I'm done having kids...makes since...oh well...I'll live!
#5 of 27 Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 AM

Emerson turned three weeks old on Tuesday and the evening was the worst yet. I was just exhausted and he didn't sleep until after 2 a.m. I ended up calling my parents for help because I was fevering and just at the end of my rope with sleep deprivation. I have been trying to do too much on my own. They took him for a little while I slept.

I was fevering on Tuesday night as in freezing but wearing three layers and under two heavy comforters in bed with the heat cranked up as high as it will go. I am fine now but my right breast is in pain. It started feeling like a stabbing pain but I think it might be a clogged duct. This happened a week ago too. I just pumped faithfully, applied heat and massaged. I am doing the same thing but it is taking longer to go away. It is much better but still hurts. I am wondering if I might have developed mastitis?

I am so grateful to have little Emerson in my life though. He is such a calm baby. He makes everything so worth it.
#6 of 27 Old 12-07-2006, 06:59 PM

Oh man mama...that may be mastitis...I would get it checked! Have you been to the breastfeeding board?
#7 of 27 Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 PM

Talia is three weeks old today. She is wonderful, and sleeps like a champ, though she has a 5-8 pm fuss/cry/scream (in that order) pattern, nightly... not the best time of day for that!!! It is exhausting! dd 1 never did anything like that! Talia also has to be burped very frequently and gets hiccups, which really upset her, if she gets a little bit agitated... I am wearing her constantly, and she sleeps on me at night... which is getting to be hard on my lower back... does anyone have suggestions for how to get her to sleep on the mattress next to me? I try and try to move her when she is in deep sleep, and she wakes up every time... and though I do nurse with her in the crook of my arm, and me on my back, I can't figure out how to put her on the mattress and nurse her on my side.... she loses the nipple and then can't find it and I can't get it to her fast enough before she starts wailing without turning the light on and keeping it on until she's out again... I remember I never could nurse dd1 on my side until she was old enough to control her head... anyway, those are my challenges, but things are great otherwise... I am so much more emotionally stable and happy than I was with dd1 postpartum, which is wonderful!
#8 of 27 Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 PM

William is seven weeks... where has the time gone?? I had my last post-partum midwife appointment yesterday and everything is looking really good. William is breastfeeding wonderfully. He has always had a really good latch, so I've not experienced the soreness and nipple trauma a lot of new mamas go through.

However, his sleep schedule is all wacky, so I am running on little sleep most of the time. He doesn't nurse to sleep like most babies. It takes a lot of bouncing and rocking and turning on the bath water for him to go down at night (and often it is 2 a.m. before he will!) We are co-sleeping, and thankfully my husband helps me as much as he can at night. Still, I can't wait till William is sleeping better at night... (suggestions are welcome!)

Other than that, he is a really good baby, and I feel blessed.

~ Elizabeth in Alaska {mother to four born at home}

#9 of 27 Old 12-08-2006, 11:35 PM

EmilyRose - Here are some suggestions I am using with my 3 week old DD.

First - see if you can find a lantern at a sports/camping shop. We have a couple of Coleman battery operated lanterns with a dimmer knob and which can be dimmed really really low (Model 5310). I use one of these for the middle of the night feeds - dimmed really low so I can get nipple into mouth, but not enough for it to light the bed and have her gaze around. You might try raising her on something while you lie next to her and feed her (folded up towel?) or feed her sitting up in bed. When my DD moves her head and body back and forth, I move a quilt next to her back to brace her in one place. My DD would BF off and on for several hours in the middle of the night. My postpartum doula said she was pacifying herself on me, so she had a few suggestions, which seem to have worked. One is give her a pacifier if she is not really sucking, but unable to go to sleep. This has worked. The other is to rock her fairly forcefully as apparently babies have something in the back of their neck which when stimulated by rocking sends them to sleep. I put her in a bouncy chair, hold my hand on her head so it doesn't move too much and rock that chair. This also works. Prior to this, DD - sound asleep for a long time - would pop open her eyes a few minutes after we put her down on our bed. Now she is really out and doesn't wake up.

Hope this helps! You're not alone! Good luck.
#10 of 27 Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM

Hi Mamas!

Things are going pretty well for us with our sweet baby Zeb, especially now that the anxiety level has been taken down a notch in regards to his breathing stuff. He is truly the biggest newborn I've ever seen (13 pounds at 3.5 weeks), but he still acts like a newborn even if he doesn't look like one. He got a pretty horrible case of baby acne (I think because of the different medications and the barium he was given), but it's clearing up super quickly, and I can't wait for him to have smooth skin again. Kissing his cheeks feels a bit like kissing sandpaper right now, lol.

It's very weird for me to have a baby who can't really comfort nurse (due to my huge oversupply). My first babies NEVER came off the boob on their own, I'd always have to pop them off (I'd let them nurse for 20 minutes at night, and 45 minutes during the day). And they NEVER refused the breast when offered. They would have nursed all day if I could have tolerated it (and this lasted way into toddlerhood). Zeben, on the other hand, will only nurse for about 5 minutes every two hours (refuses the breast all the time if I offer too soon), and unless it's the middle of the night, he rarely falls asleep nursing. So, we are LOVING the sling since it's the best way to get him to sleep quickly. We have the Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouch and that's his favorite (we also have several other slings that are mostly being neglected at the moment).

One other product that I'm finding very helpful is the Nurse N glow pillow (www.belababy.com). Since our "big" kids also sleep with us at night, it's nice to not have to turn on a big light for diaper changes or latch on. I haven't really used it as a positioning device past the first week or so. Zeb is pretty good at staying on his side now.

Zeben was born way too big for all the newborn cloth dipes, and I'm finding myself not as in love with my prefolds and wool system as I hoped to be. I'm really liking the bumgenius onesize pocket diapers, though. I may have to get some more. What are others liking on their babies' bottoms?

Time to bounce the babe in the sling!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#11 of 27 Old 12-09-2006, 05:04 PM

We're doing okay. Mikki is gaining weight lke crazy (10 lbs, .5 oz at the post office at 20 days - up from 8 lbs, 6 oz at 5 days). She's not a slow nurser like her brother - she's on, she's off - but does comfort nurse now and then. We're going through the first growth spurt right now, so I'm not sleeping a whole lot with all the nursing, diaper changes, and grunting - to get back on, to change positions, to get a new diaper, to burp, to poop... she grunts a lot.

Speaking of diapers... 2 kids in cloth - oh the laundry! I'm doing diapers every 1-1.5 days because the pail fills so quickly!

Other than during this growth spurt, though, she's a great sleeper. She usually goes 3-4 hour stretches at night, and has occasionally "slept through the night" with 5 hour stretches. We've only had one day with both kids napping at the same time, so once that happens more regularly, I'll have absolutely no reason to complain about being tired. We really have been very blessed!
#12 of 27 Old 12-09-2006, 05:38 PM

Things are great with Lillie. She turned one month old on Dec 7th. Wow where has the time gone.
She also has a bad case of baby acne. I have been longing for her skin to return to the smoothness it was before. But i know it will clear up soon.
The only thing we are having a problem with now is her sleep patterns.
She is mixed up-sleeps super amounts in the day and then at night she has a hard time going to sleep. She refuses to lay in the bassinette more than 30 mins at a time. She will be in a deep sleep and then all of a sudden she realizes she is on her back and she wakes up crying. We tried many things. ie. swaddling, turning her 360 degrees, keeping it dark in the room. But nothing works. Sooo as she grows older I am hoping she will learn to sleep in a bed or something. I have been glued to the recliner day and night. And its getting hard on the neck. Heh.
But Lillie must be around 11 or 12 lbs now. We have our 6 week checkup next month--dr office is very busy.
Glad to hear those who updated are doing great too.
Keep in touch!
#13 of 27 Old 12-10-2006, 09:23 PM

I'm checking in...Yarrow is great...she is gaining weight like crazy, around 2 oz per day so she is near 10 lbs already!! She is way bigger than my other two where at this point. I am feeling better, I am ready to feel like myself again. It looks like I will not have much of a scar and I am very happy about that. I am healing from my traumatic experience a little bit everyday, though I still mourn for Yarrows first minutes after birth. I really wish I had been awake to see them, be with her...

On the sleeping front, I decided before Yarrow was born that I was going to be much more relaxed about the sleeping thing than I was with my ds at the same age. In lots of ways they are very similar, don't like to lay on their backs, don't like to sleep in their bed, lots of night-time nursing so I am being way more go with the flow with Yarrow. This issue caused me more stress at the time and now more than two years hind sight has shown me that really it wasn't worth it...at least for me! It just goes by so fast!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#14 of 27 Old 12-10-2006, 10:52 PM

Hi! Amy is 8 weeks old now. She was in the NICU for 11 days after being born at 34 weeks. They discharged her reluctanctly because she had yet to gain weight, but since coming home she has been gaining and growing like a weed! She was discharged at 5 pounds 8 ounces and is now about 9 pounds.

She is exclusively breastfed and has only gotten a teaspoon of formula, once in the NICU (I read the nurse the riot act since she had a ton of breastmilk available but the nurse was too lazy to use it : ). We were using a nipple shield for about 3 weeks, but weaned from it pretty easily when she was about 4 weeks old and reached her actual due date.

She was a great sleeper, but now not so much LOL! She's gotten progressively fussier and I think she may have mild reflux. I tried dairy elimination but that didn't really seem to help, so I gave that up.

But all in all, Amy is doing very well, is happy and healthy, and I couldn't ask for more. My older DD has adjusted very smoothly and I really couldn't have asked for an easier transition from her.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#15 of 27 Old 12-12-2006, 07:19 PM

Jove had a check up w/the midwife today and he now weighs 9lbs 14oz , up from 6lbs 4oz at birth!!! He is 7 weeks & 4 days old now. He is sleeping one 4 hr stretch at night which is just heavenly!! He's still pretty gassy and I'm ready for that to be over, I'm sure he is too. I need to really buckle down and eliminate dairy and see if it helps. He has also started smiling soo big and cooing (so sweet)!!
Just when I think he can't get any more cute he goes and does just that!
I can't believe he's almost 2 mths old , time has really flown by.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#16 of 27 Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 AM

Miriam will be one month old on Friday. Wow.
At her last appointment she weighed 9 pounds (was 7lbs. 10 oz at birth), and my midwife said I must be making cream instead of milk in my breasts! She's a cluster feeder, nursing every half an hour to an hour during the day, but for short times. In the night, she wakes up every 3 hours or so to nurse.
We start the night off with her in her basinette beside the bed, and after the first feeding she stays in bed with me, until morning. DH is sleeping in another bed since he's gets woken up by every sigh and noise she makes.

She looks more like a little girl now than a newborn, and she's lovelier every day. She's a feisty, spirited little creature, who insists on being held every moment of the day. Babywearing is a bit of a challenge, since the padded sling is too big for her and she can't breathe in there, the standard baby carrier (Snugli) is only tolerated for a few minutes, and my pouch hasn't arrived in the mail yet! So for now, DH and I are getting a good upper arm workout, just carrying her in our arms all day.

We've been using cloth diapers, but not as much as I expected (only during the day, not at night). It seems she needs to be changed every hour when she's wearing cloth, so it's just not practical at night for us...does anyone have any suggestions about how to extend this time to 2-3 hours, so I don't have to wake her up to change her? I'd really like to keep using cloth, but it's getting difficult!

Other than that, we're enjoying every minute of parenthood, and feel so much richer and happier with Miriam in our lives.

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#17 of 27 Old 12-13-2006, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpeace View Post
Miriam will be one month old on Friday. Wow.
At her last appointment she weighed 9 pounds (was 7lbs. 10 oz at birth), and my midwife said I must be making cream instead of milk in my breasts! She's a cluster feeder, nursing every half an hour to an hour during the day, but for short times. In the night, she wakes up every 3 hours or so to nurse.
We start the night off with her in her basinette beside the bed, and after the first feeding she stays in bed with me, until morning. DH is sleeping in another bed since he's gets woken up by every sigh and noise she makes.

She looks more like a little girl now than a newborn, and she's lovelier every day. She's a feisty, spirited little creature, who insists on being held every moment of the day.
Replace Miriam with Mikaela and change some weight details, and this could be about my daughter - even the 1 month on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpeace View Post
does anyone have any suggestions about how to extend this time to 2-3 hours, so I don't have to wake her up to change her? I'd really like to keep using cloth, but it's getting difficult!
With my son, we discovered that prefolds weren't cutting it overnight. My best friend uses prefolds overnight with a special doubler insert (2-3 layers microfiber towel with a layer of fleece on top - closest to baby) and her daughter iwas good all night at 5 months. Personally, what worked for us was a FuzziBunz stuffed with a trifolded microfiber towel... and as he got older and slept longer, we addded a hemp soaker to the mix - works better than a sposie for us, actually!

With Mikki, we do a small FB stuffed with a quad folded micro towel (it needed to be folded differently to fit the smaller diaper - but it's still just one towel). We usually change into that between 11 and 12 for the night... then again around 5. A couple times we've gone longer, and only once was there a noticible leak.
#18 of 27 Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here View Post
With Mikki, we do a small FB stuffed with a quad folded micro towel (it needed to be folded differently to fit the smaller diaper - but it's still just one towel). We usually change into that between 11 and 12 for the night... then again around 5. A couple times we've gone longer, and only once was there a noticible leak.
We also use Fuzzi Bunz on our nearly 4 week old (!) - and have sice day 1! We just overlap the wings and snap it tightly so it fits. We change it before midnight and again in the morning...no overnight leaks usually.
#19 of 27 Old 12-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
We also use Fuzzi Bunz on our nearly 4 week old (!) - and have sice day 1! We just overlap the wings and snap it tightly so it fits. We change it before midnight and again in the morning...no overnight leaks usually.
LOL! Zeben is such a chub that he's already outgrown the small fuzzi bunz at 4 weeks. He's in mediums now, and not even on the tightest snaps (so the image of overlapping the wings made me laugh)! We've been using bumgenius at night pretty happily. I usually change him around midnight (unfortunately, that's when we've been going to bed), and then not until 5 or so unless I hear him poop before then. But he doesn't usually poop in the night.

We went to the pedi. today for follow-up on the breathing issues, and Zeb now weighs 13.5 pounds!! I remember thinking my other ds was huge when he weighed 13 pounds at 8 weeks! I have to bring the baby for weekly weight checks at the breastfeeding clinic because his weight gain is how we know that the breathing issue isn't a big deal (so we have to be watching for a sudden lack of gain or something). Most of the moms who go to the clinic are struggling with low supply and have these teensy little babies. I always feel a little bad to be showing off my big chunkeroo who takes up the whole scale and is just all rolls. But I do like the reassurance of the weight checks since Zeben will only nurse for AT MOST 5 minutes (sometimes more like 3 minutes) every 2 hours and it's just so hard to believe that he's getting enough. But obviously, he is! It's a whole new kind of mothering for me to not just be able to soothe him with my breast (since he won't comfort nurse). We never had to do the bouncing, walking, singing thing with our other boys.

We seem to have reached the balding stage here. . . so sad to see the beautiful red hair go. I hope it comes back in the same color.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#20 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 PM

Lex, I just looked at Zeben's pics in your sig. He is freakin adorable and SO VERY chub!!!!!
It's take a whlie for my babies to get chub like that, I can't wait until Jove gets there. I love fat rolls!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#21 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 03:12 PM

Mine isn't a comfort nurser either! Bizarre, but hopefully better for my sanity in the end? Last week was my dh's first week back at work and it went really well, but now, even though Talia is a great sleeper, the lack of sleep and taking care of two is catching up with me this week and my nerves are frazzled... dd#1's every word is a question, and mostly all of them are framed hypothetically.... "if you did x what would happen?... why?" Arrrrgg! I'm keeping my cool though... hopefully I'll get the hang of this exhaustion thing again! And BTW where do you gals get microfiber inserts? Thanks!
#22 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrose View Post
And BTW where do you gals get microfiber inserts? Thanks!
We got a huge pack at Sam's Club (like 20 for $12). I've heard Costco has something similar, as well as individual towels at Target, Wal-Mart.

Also - check diaper-making co-ops... that's where I got mine with my older child.
#23 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM

Jeanne is 13 days old today.
Doing well. Went to the nurses office to weigh her this pm. She is 8 lb 11 oz. That's her one oz a day.
She sleeps incredibly well at night. Daddy goes in the tub with her around 10, she loves it and feeds so well after. Down around 11 pm, in between us, she does need to do the pinkie sucking at that point, and doesn't let it go, takes me a while to get to sleep because of this (will not take any other finger, or anyone else's pinkie as a matter of fact...). Then feeds in between 2 and 3:30, goes back in her cradle, then another feed around 6, by then DH is at work, and she sleeps with me until 9 - 9:30.
Before that, she essentially spends the evening on my boob though.
Did the first shopping trip without DH today, went to pharmacy, community nurses office and grocery store. Good thing GrandMa was there.
She loves naked playtime, and looking toward the window. She also starts being interested in her mobile.
Hates wet diapers, and being swaddled.
And interesting one: I played the piano quite a bit while I was pregnant, and she now tends to fall asleep in the sling when I play! Better that singing with her.
We are looking forward to see what else we have to discover in this little individual's personnality.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#24 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post

First - see if you can find a lantern at a sports/camping shop. We have a couple of Coleman battery operated lanterns with a dimmer knob and which can be dimmed really really low (Model 5310). I use one of these for the middle of the night feeds - dimmed really low so I can get nipple into mouth, but not enough for it to light the bed and have her gaze around.
We do similar here. I went to dig my small LED headlamp out of my camping box. It is wonderful for night feedings. I aim the light a little higher that usual (essentially almost at the ceiling, so we only get the reflection) and it works like a charm to latch baby.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#25 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 PM

Hi All!
Fun to hear what everyone is up to. So glad the babies are doing well...

Carl is a 'real' baby! He'll be a month old on Sunday. Apparently our first (Cecilia) came with training wheels or something.... she was so easy! Not that he's hard, just much more particular. For instance....

1. he will have nothing to do with a paci for comfort (boy those things make parenting easy: ) so we do the pinkie thing (IF he'll take that)
2. he must be bounced/patted/rocked to sleep: (unlike dd- nurse, lay her down, pick her up two/three hours later)
3. he HATES the carseat?!! DD still loves to nap in hers

But things I am loving about baby #2...

1. he doesn't spit up much- glory be! I haven't used a spit rag yet.
2. he nurses so well, and both sides without falling asleep. My breasts say 'thank you'....
3. he's awake, calm and alert so much during the day

For night diapers, I changed with every feeding the first few weeks, but that was making it hard for him to fall back asleep, so I shoved a doubler into his diaper as soon as he stopped pooping at night. I use the hemp doublers from Pinstripes and Polkadots inside a prefold and prowrap cover. Works fine.

The only thing I'm working on is getting him to fall asleep without being latched on. I'm fine with him keeping his nose near my nipple or sucking on his hands, or SOMETHING but I just can't sleep with him trying to stay on the boob.: As he grows and gains weight he seems to be able to nurse and fall asleep better. He's also getting easier for my mom or dh to cuddle to sleep.

I am feeling great and I have been really good about getting rest (going to bed at 9 pm when need be) and taking my prenatals and fish oil. I've also been making time for myself to run or ride or walk at least once a day- big sanity saver with two kids and it being december!

Is everyone ready for the Holidays?

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#26 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 03:52 PM

emmett is 2 weeks old yesterday. i finally wrote up my birth story (see my sig). on wed he went to the dr and had gained an insane 1.5 lbs in 9 days : so now weighs 10 lbs 2 oz. i guess you could say nursing is going great! we had "abnormal" newborn jaundice and he had to use the lights and get his blood drawn every day at the hospital for 6 days but it cleared up, thanks to my abundant milk supply. well, thanks to his sister for "priming the pump" for him! he's gotten real milk from day one. tandem nursing is going ok, but i'm really trying to cut dd back. i dont really enjoy nursing her right now...it kind of makes my flesh creep, to be honest. but she seems to really need it. she loves her little brother and asks to hold him all the time.

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#27 of 27 Old 12-18-2006, 03:26 PM

Little Roo is now 5 weeks old! I cant believe how fast the time has gone. At his 1 month appointment, he weighed 2lbs 3oz and 23 1/2. Hes such a blessing, Im bfing and hes taken so well to it. Hes a pro just like his big brother and sister. Ariel and Jax just adore him. Ariel loves to baby him and I often find her, offering him her pinkie finger to suck on. Shes such a great big sister, and Jax tries to help too, by giving Roo one of his toys but he doesnt understand yet that Roo cant play with those toys. It has been hard adjusting to 3 kids not just 2. Everyone is just amazed that I have a 4 1/2 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, and a 5 week old baby and am already looking forard to the next one, to be my last and hoping for another girl although another boy would be a great blessing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page