AF Back & in my pre-preggo jeans!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a week: AF returned...sigh...it happened with KIera too @ 5 weeks post-partum and I was hoping for a repreive but no luck...I guess I am the "fertile turleZ" my MW calls me! I need to be careful otherwise I will have three under three instead of two under two! And since all of my clothes are dirty I thought I'd try and put on my pre-preggo "skinny jeans" -- other than alittle belly hanging over they fit!!! They zipped up fine - yeyfor tandem nursing!!!
#2 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 05:24 PM

I am back in my prepreggo clothes too! I weigh less now than when I got pregnant. Yippee! I am very, very happy about this since it took me forever to feel okay about my body with ds...of course I'm not anywhere near the size I was when I got married to DH 2 months before ds was conceived...I still have those jeans too...

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#3 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 05:26 PM

.... is there a smiley that's eating a shotgun?
#4 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
.... is there a smiley that's eating a shotgun?
laughup

I've lost 20lbs since birth...only 15-20 lbs to go!
#5 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 07:18 PM

I've lost 25 pounds since birth ... but with 20 to go, I am still totally out of whack. How is it possible that pre-pregnancy I was in a size 4 jeans and now that I only weigh 20 pounds more I'm in a size 12?

Ack.

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#6 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 PM

I have to lose 7 more lbs to get back to my pre-preg weight. Its sooo frustrating!!
But I do fit into my pants. Actually they are falling off of me. I need a belt.
The pants I wore thruout pregnancy were BIG plus size pants. And soo now I need to shop for stuff that actually fits.

I am still free of AF. Thank goodness.
I too am gonna be sooo careful cause I don't want another baby yet. Heh.
I am still adjusting to dd#1.

#7 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 08:16 PM

I fit into my pre preg clothes the day I left the hospital - I never gain much. I got my stupid period back, too. So much for breastfeeding keeping it away!
#8 of 15 Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Wow, I'm *still* bleeding from the birth. . . can't imagine having AF! Last time she stayed away for 21 months, I hoping for even longer this time.

I lost 45 pounds the week Zeben was born (but I had all that extra water at the end, so it's not quite as amazing as it sounds), have about 7 pounds left to go to pre-preggo weight. I'm not even thinking about trying on my prepregnancy clothes. I'm quite comfy in my maternity jeans, and I don't want to try on anything until I'm absolutely sure it will fit comfortably. Otherwise it's just depressing. With my twins it took until 3 months post-partum for everything to fit again, but even when I was several pounds under my pre-preggo weight, nothing ever fit exactly the same again. I'm hoping that the effects of pregnancy will not be quite as permanant the second time around.

Congrats ladybugchild77!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#9 of 15 Old 12-18-2006, 01:31 AM

I'm back in my pre-preg jeans, too. I tried my "fat jeans" at 5 days PP and they fit, then my regular jeans (still plus size - don't get too excited ) at about 2.5 weeks and I'm in them now. I've still got about 7-8 pounds to go for pre-preg weight (I think...), but I'm not worried. I want to gradually lose the weight and keep going after that to get down to a healthier weight for my frame.

I'm SO SORRY to those of you with AF back already - yikes! I had to nightwean my son around his first birthday to try and regain a cycle/fertility. Since we don't think we want the next one as close together as the first two, I think we'll just see how long AF will stay away on her own. I hope I get at least a year out of it again!
#10 of 15 Old 12-18-2006, 12:09 PM

I am in my pre preggo jeans too. Well, my not so tight ones anyway. I am back at my pre preg weight but my belly is still big. This c/s thing is so different from the vaginal ones. With them my belly was flat from the first week pp.

Jennifer, mom to Joel , Duncan, Celia, and Aidan. Wife to Nathan.
#11 of 15 Old 12-18-2006, 12:58 PM

As of Thursday I had lost 29 pound. I had only gained 23 But on Friday night I was admitted to the hospital with severe pain and was released just yesterday. They had me only on clear liquids, so I figure i should have lost a couple more pounds. Turns out its my gallbladder I'll have to have it out at some point.
#12 of 15 Old 12-18-2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerize138 View Post
I've lost 25 pounds since birth ... but with 20 to go, I am still totally out of whack. How is it possible that pre-pregnancy I was in a size 4 jeans and now that I only weigh 20 pounds more I'm in a size 12?

Ack.
This is me!! : I had to borrow my girlfriends postpartum jeans and then wait a few weeks to get into them. ARrrgh!

Note to self: that extra bowl of cereal at 2 am will not give your newborn child a nice, rounded bum, but it will give you one!!

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#13 of 15 Old 12-18-2006, 03:25 PM

Me too!! I was back in my pre-preg jeans at not quite 2 weeks postpartum!! This is just so different than my pregnancy with Amethyst, it took me forever to lose weight, but I didn't get as big. Hmmm.... Interesting.
But no AF, still bleeding from having Asheby. I'm nursing though, so hopefully it will stay away a little while.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#14 of 15 Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMami View Post
As of Thursday I had lost 29 pound. I had only gained 23 But on Friday night I was admitted to the hospital with severe pain and was released just yesterday. They had me only on clear liquids, so I figure i should have lost a couple more pounds. Turns out its my gallbladder I'll have to have it out at some point.
nak

I had gallbladder probs through my son's pregnancy (didn't diagnose until 2.5 mos pp) - had my gallbladder removed at 3.5 mos pp. May I give som un-asked for advice?

1) research options other than surgery (like having the stones pulverized and dietary changes). The surgery itself isn't that bad (if laparoscopic), and it is usually without complications. But someone gets to have the rare complications. My second surgeon (since I fired the first a few days before surgery - more on that below) said that he had done this surgery hundreds if not thousands of times and only had one patient end up with daily diahrreah (sp?) after the fact. As of me he has 2 now - the only thing that has made me regular was pregnancy... and having to run to a bathroom without warning with a newborn and a toddler... not so fun!

2) If you decide to have the surgery, DO NOT let them scare you into not being able to nurse for 2 days or whatever the crazy timeline is. I did a ton of research before my first appointment with the first surgeon (he wouldn't listen or read and told me he wouldn't be responsible when I killed my baby... kicked his @ss to the curb after a few calls of complaint). Here's a link from kellymom.com with another mom's story (look around that site for more info about things like nursing after general anesthesia). I had the anesthetist write down every med I was given and looked them up in recovery in Hale's. I called the LC (with whom I had spoken about surgeon 1 - and who referred me to the other) when I couldn't find a couple in the book. When she got to my room, she took the book from my hand, lifted my gown and latched my son on. She smiled and said, "If you're alert after the surgery - you're fine to nurse!" We had no problems after that.

3) assuming you have the surgery - if you co-sleep? Those little baby scratch mittens are your friend - even if your babe is past the recommended age for them. Don't have any? No problem... socks work great, too

I'm sorry you're going through that! I remember the pain of passing those stones... so much worse than labor ever was!
#15 of 15 Old 12-19-2006, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to wear my pre-pg jeans!!! I have one pair of jeans that fit, and I had to buy them. I'm only 8 lbs above my pre-pg weight, have been since week 2 but they aren't budging. With me eating barely anything while DD2 was in the hospital last week, I came home and was all excited because I'm not eating, that should equal weight loss right? Wrong. I gained 3 lbs, how the heck does that happen? : I'm resigning myself, I must be following the same trend I did with DD1, lose a whole bunch in the very beginning, then not lose a single lb for 6 months.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page