pocket diapers, mei tais, and homeopathy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2006, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to rave about the above mentioned things and recommend them.... I used fitteds on Talia for the first month and though they were great, I LOVE pockets! And I would recommend them... not only can you stuff them at night (don't get me wrong I change her at least twice a night), but even when they are heavy with pee, the wetness doesn't touch the baby's skin! And Talia lives in the mei tai I have... it is wonderful! I like it so much more than the baby bjorn we used with dd1, the mei tai keeps them cozy right against your chest... Talia sleeps in it all day pretty much. And, she has had evening colic from about 5-8 pm since two weeks, and we just took her to a naturopathic doctor who adjusted her (she had one disc out in her neck from the birth) and gave us a remedy. It is incredible! She went from screaming for three hours every night, to just being a little fussy. Ahhhh... anyway, I thought I'd share all this for anyone who might make use of it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 12:46 AM

What remedy were you given? We've tried Calc. Carb. for colic/projectile vomiting per the naturopathic doctor w/ DD...

We use Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers and have since she was born - WOW! They are INCREDIBLE...If there's only pee in them we can't tell if she's done anything b/c they feel dry and we have to check the insert to see if she needs changing!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We use pockets too! Fuzzi Bunz. Have either of you had problems with some of them leaking BF poo? DS is just under 4 weeks and over 10lbs- and in smalls and some of them fit great around the thighs and some of them have a gap and leak. Just wondering.

To OP- DS lives in his babyhawk Mai Tai too! And we use homeopathy for the little cold he has.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
We use pockets too! Fuzzi Bunz. Have either of you had problems with some of them leaking BF poo? DS is just under 4 weeks and over 10lbs- and in smalls and some of them fit great around the thighs and some of them have a gap and leak. Just wondering.
Sometimes they leak BF poo (DD is exclusively BF). DD is just under 5 weeks and 10 1/2 lbs. We have to overlap the snaps to make the Small FB's fit. I'm not sure which colours leak more than others...But some poos seem to be more EXPLOSIVE than others and shoot out the thigh gap...

Have yours leaked urine? Ours sometimes do and we've started double stuffing with a microfiber and a hemp joey bunz...
Old 12-21-2006, 02:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The only time mine leaked pee was when I put in a stuffer that was too big and didn't pull up the outer layer in the back. DS is EBF as well, and what I have found is that the used ones I bought off ebay are a bit smaller than the new ones I got. The older ones fit nice and tight on the thigh and don't leak anymore. They all used to when he was smaller. I have some hemp doublers I use a night to make sure they don't leak pee. I will usually let a pee diaper go for a little while, my baby HATES diaper changes so I would rather nurse him and let him sleep than wake him up and be up for a hour. How exactly are you overlapping the snaps? I have then on the smallest setting- are you crossing them over to make them fit?
Old 12-21-2006, 02:28 PM

dd is now 11 weeks! and we are still loving our fuzzi bunz - even my husband, who wasn't too into cloth, loves them now. I am fond of my one bum genius too and would like to get more. We did have some poo leakage, but I find if I sorta stuff the leg elastic up in towards the diaper when I put it on, that helps.

Lately we've had had sort of an issue with our baby hawk mei tei though. She LOVED it for weeks, but fusses now. What I think the problem is is that her legs are still too tiny to stretch around me, but she is a bit too big now to have all the pressure of her body resting on them - I keep trying it, but I think we might need to wait until she is a wee bit bigger before it's comfy again.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

twogreencars, the remedy we used was lycopodium...it has done wonders!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
The only time mine leaked pee was when I put in a stuffer that was too big and didn't pull up the outer layer in the back. DS is EBF as well, and what I have found is that the used ones I bought off ebay are a bit smaller than the new ones I got. The older ones fit nice and tight on the thigh and don't leak anymore. They all used to when he was smaller. I have some hemp doublers I use a night to make sure they don't leak pee. I will usually let a pee diaper go for a little while, my baby HATES diaper changes so I would rather nurse him and let him sleep than wake him up and be up for a hour. How exactly are you overlapping the snaps? I have then on the smallest setting- are you crossing them over to make them fit?
This is what we've done: you stretch the top snap over to the second or so snap on the other side. Pass the other top snap over the snapped flap (so it overlaps) and then snap it on the farthest snap you comfortably can. Do the bottom snaps as tight as you can. We found that the smallest setting was too big for DD so the postpartum doula showed us how to do this. I hope this makes sense!

User Tag List