I *really* like my baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mean, "duh," of course I do! But I just can't help but want to shout it from the mountain tops or something. I really think my new little guy is just the best new little guy ever! I love letting myself just sink into mama-bliss-love and think about nothing else other than how very much I love him. Most of the day, I get so lost in the busy-ness of it all that I don't spend much time staring dreamily at my newborn or obsessing over his absolute perfection. But then I remember and it just hits me soooo hard--the strongest love there is to feel I think.

And I also really want to eat him. I tell dw this all the time and she says, "uh-huh, I know you do." But REALLY, I mean, I think I would understand it if someday a mom DID eat her newborn! Where does this crazy desire come from?

Anyway, I hope you are all really liking your babies too AND remembering to realize it every so often.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-20-2006, 10:04 PM

I so hear ya. My little guy melts my heart, especially when he coos at me. That has got to be the sweetest thing in the whole world. My new little guy has the best personality, gosh yes I just really really like him. I love the way he'll raise his little eye brow at me, I just have to eat him up (laughing at that part of your post, so true) when he does that. Oh and the big gleeful smiles he gives me. And his warm little body next me at night and how when he's really hungry he latches on with this all business look on his face. And on and on and on.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 4 Old 12-21-2006, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Most of the day, I get so lost in the busy-ness of it all that I don't spend much time staring dreamily at my newborn or obsessing over his absolute perfection. But then I remember and it just hits me soooo hard
:

And the eating thing - I just want to nibble her cheeks and her little hands and feet. I think there must be something that just makes us want to bring our faces close and nuzzle (or chew) them.

...the cuties in my avatar are my wonderful, c-section born, fully vaccinated sweethearts...
#4 of 4 Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 AM

DITTO! I can't remember being this smitten with the older two...then again - I can't remember their projectile vomiting either...

DH and I just look at her and melt...and melt...we all have petted the top of her head so much that we rubbed her silky hair off the top of her head...

We nuzzle her cheeks all the time and melt...

Her little sneezes are ADORABLE...she sneezed and then sighs...ooooooooooooooooooohhhhh...I'm melting....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page