Pregnancy symptoms just suddenly GONE ?!?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should I be worried ?

What little queasiness I've felt has left - even my boobs aren't really sore anymore.

I'm only 8 weeks.

I just cannot get a good secure feeling about this pregnancy

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#2 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM

It does happen sometimes that your symptoms will all disappear, and then a day or two later, they come back! And then some women stop symptoms earlier in the first trimester than others (even if you had a different pattern in previous pregnancies).
#3 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 AM
pjs

Its hard not to worry about it- there's so little to make the pregnancy seem real in the beginning except for those symptoms. Other than the lack of symptoms, doesn't sound like you're experiencing anything that would lead you to doubt the stickiness (no spotting, cramping, etc) so I'd try not to worry about it!
#4 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 12:46 PM

I've been going through that a bit too. My boobs are barely sore anymore and sometimes I don't feel any signs of m/s. It makes me nervous, but usually it comes back in a day or two. I'm actually having one of those days today where I don't feel pregnant. The only thing to do is wait to see if those symptoms return. You can always put a call in to your OB or MW if you are really concerned. I hope everything is OK.
#5 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 12:57 PM

well my boobs are still sore (my nipples are killing me) but everything else is gone. That's totally normal for me, I couldn't wait to start showing so I would feel PG again

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#6 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I'm with you, LizaBear. Some days (like today) I can't find much of a sign. It makes me uneasy, but I am starting to hope that maybe I will just be one of those gals who doesn't get all that sick. My breasts aren't that sore anymore, though I find that they are more sore in the morning.

When I'm not nauseous, I try not to think about how I'm not nauseous, and focus on eating really extra well, esp things that I need which gross me out when I do feel sick.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#7 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 04:21 PM

All my pregnancy signs went away for about 5 days when I was sick a week or so ago. As soon as I felt better, they were back. In my case it was a relief, cause I just couldn't deal with anything more...but if they hadn't come RIGHT BACK I would have been a basket case.

Are you temping? Checking your morning temps and seeing if they are higher than they are when you're not pregnant could help to allay your worries.

Maryhippie.gif

#8 of 15 Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 PM

funny because Im 9 weeks and the past 2 days Ive actually had tons more energy than the past 4 weeks. I even cleaned out 3 rooms of my house. I think at this stage it is normal for symptoms to come and go. I just keep looking for the obvious ones for me (peeing tons, still hungry, achey at night)

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#9 of 15 Old 05-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Hope everything's ok. I think sometimes we just overthink it at this stage! If you're really worried, call your care provider - I'm sure they'll check it out for you!
#10 of 15 Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I'm having one of those "not feeling preg" spells, too! I realized last night that I felt fine. Yikes! Then, I usually wake up starving/nauseous at 4am, but not this morning. So I gave DH a little action and slept until DS came in at 7am. I feel a little more queasy now, after breakfast, but not like I had been.

I'm having an u/s Monday, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed until then. I had one at 5.5 weeks and there was a heartbeat/pulse (is there a heart that early?!), which was very reassuring. I had been dealing with a horrible chest congestion thing and felt lousy, worried about the pregnancy.

This thread is somewhat reassuring. Thanks.
#11 of 15 Old 05-04-2006, 10:56 AM

I also woke up today with feeling that I am not pregnant. I keep toching my boobs(they were sore before this morning) - they feel smaller. It looks like everybody is having this feeling!
#12 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 AM

LizaBear- how are you doing? Did any of those symptoms come back?

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#13 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 03:36 PM

All I have to say is.... I'M JEALOUS!!!... lol. I am still sick as a dog... don't worry about your symptoms waning. I'm sure everything is fine. As long as you aren't having any other symptoms such as cramping, spotting or severe back pain I wouldn't be that concerned... just thank your blessings that you don't feel sick at the moment. If you're so concerned that you aren't able to focus on anything else, go visit your ob.... good luck mama.
#14 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 12:55 PM

LizaBear,

I also feel like my pregnancy symptoms sometimes disappear, especially the breast sensitivity. I try to be thankful that I am not feeling terrible, but, it is nice to have the reassurance of mild symptoms.

Yesterday I did not really feel any symptoms at all and then last night I woke up feeling miserable about 5 times. Yuck!

Have you been to your MW or MD to get your bloodwork done? Sometimes knowing that they can measure pregnancy "symptoms" in your blood makes me feel like the pregnancy is more real.

Also, have you spoken with any friends that have healthy children that didn't even know they were pregnant until 6 or 8 or more weeks? Knowing that many women don't even know they are pregnant right away makes me feel like it is more normal not to have tons of symptoms.

HJ
#15 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 01:28 PM

With my ds, I hardly ever had any symptoms, and it seems to be shaping up that way again. I was VERY worried last time, I was obsessed with miscarriage. I wouldn't let dh tell anyone until I was 14 weeks, because I was sure it wouldn't stick.

But this time I'm just trying to relax and enjoy it.

I think my body just knows what it's doing. It's not a new experience, and it's not reacting as strongly. That's probably what's going on with you, too.

Mommy to kids

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page