So, this isn't really a question thread, more along the lines of this is what I did today regarding my PG thread.
I had my first prenatal today. I got to meet with the other midwife in the partnership. dh and i both really liked her.
We have similar outlooks on tests.
1. didn't push the pap (will probably do one at my 8 week PP visit)
2. didn't push ultrasounds (will not do any if possible)
3. didn't push any other tests (quad screen - gave info and said that you can give us your decision at your next info)
4. said to eat a wide variety of colors (try and limit white)
5. had no problem with me declining the HIV test. (the cnm my sister dealt with harped on this one)
and just from her tone of voice and phrasing of questions and answers I can tell we're on similar wavelengths - at least right now.
I don't foresee any changes to that though.
We didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but i didn't expect to really. I would have liked to, but it is a bit early. She did say that I could call up and come in really anytime between now and next month if I want to try again. (not an appointment, just drop in) I think I'll just wait. My temps are still high so I'm all good.
That's about it really.