#1 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many weeks are you?

Any cravings?

Any Aversions?

How are your clothes fitting?

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time?

How is your sex drive?

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far?

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far?

What else would you like to add?
#2 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 07:50 PM

How many weeks are you? 23w 2d

Any cravings? Protein stuff, big time!

Any Aversions? Anything with a tomato sauce, garlic, anything strong smelling

How are your clothes fitting? Getting tight; going to have to order some maternity pants soon

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Yes, usually when I get to sit down at night

How is your sex drive? Big fat 0

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Just being pregnant!!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? Not sure if I'm feeling enough movement sometimes

What else would you like to add? We're meeting with a midwife at the beginning of September with hopes of having a homebirth

#3 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

How many weeks are you?
21.5 weeks

Any cravings?
Nope

Any Aversions?
Nope

I finally put away most of my pre-preg. clothes. I have a few things that I can wear still, but not much. I can wear most of my pre-preg shirts, it is the pants that don't fit me very well anymore.

Yes, it is SO cool! most active is about 10:30pm (ish).

How is your sex drive?
normal, we just need to work on his.

Everything really. So far the coolest things is the movement I feel. And, I now apparently sleep on my back with at least one or both hands on my belly. I may move a bit, but for now, i guess my subconscience likes my back.

Money and bill worries for after baby comes. (i really want to stay home)

sometimes i drink so much water i feel like i'm going to float away.
#4 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 PM

Weekly Check - In time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many weeks are you? 23 wks 3 days

Any cravings? nope

Any Aversions? nope

How are your clothes fitting? Maternity fits great

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Early morning, and late evening.

How is your sex drive? More then it's been in a long time

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Finding out we have a girl.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? worrying constantly.

What else would you like to add? We started preparing our room for the baby. Since we don't do a nursery I do a little area in our room for the baby.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#5 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM

How many weeks are you?

24 weeks 0 days

Any cravings?

Not really, but food is looking mighty good to me nowadays.

Any Aversions?

None at all, but I've been glad that I have not had the desire for coffee. I was on a six-cup a day habit pre-preg., and I quit cold turkey. I know that it's safe to have a cup daily, but I am so proud of being caffeine free at last. Thanks, baby!

All summer I've been wearing stretchy t-shirts and pants from Target. After getting way too big too fast and feeling horribly depressed about showing too quickly, I am stabilizing.

I thought I felt a little something at sixteen weeks, but movement continued to be faint for me until three weeks ago. The baby's quiet when I am walking around during the day. Most movement is early in the morning when I first wake up, in the afternoon if I am sitting or lying down, but mostly at night after 10:00pm. There seems to be a little "night-owl" trend here!

How is your sex drive?

Way up there, but I don't feel sexy. I am accustomed to a certain body type, flexibility, and *ahem* ability to reach crucial parts for proper grooming.

This is my first preg gig; everything about it so far is strangely exciting!

Waiting. I don't mean just the waiting to actually deliver. It's all the milestones in between, like how I'll be feeling one or two months from now, how badly the stretch marks will hit, etc.

Most of my friends either completed their families ten years ago or could not/did not have children at all. I'm really glad for this board and the wonderful mamas who post here.
#6 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 PM

How many weeks are you? 21.5 weeks

Any cravings? Nothing consistent

Any Aversions? Not really

How are your clothes fitting? Maternity's fine!

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Movement every day, usually in the car on the way to work, after lunch, and then when I first go to bed.

How is your sex drive? It comes on like gangbusters and then disappears in the blink of an eye.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Honestly, it's most exciting to share this with my older daughters (7.5 and 5.5)

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? Physically I feel pretty crappy

What else would you like to add? For the first time this weekend DH and I really talked about my desire (and plans) for a homebirth, and I was surprised to find he is really against it.

Becky
#7 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 PM

How many weeks are you?
22 weeks!

Any cravings?
Anything NOT healthy. The past few days it's been Chocolatey Peanut Butter Crunch. I guess the bright side of that is... at least I'm drinking milk??

Any Aversions?
Pork chops make me wretch

Normal clothes, not at all. Maternity clothes feel wonderful though!

Tons of movement. He seems to have a fairly regular routine.... between 9-10am, around noon, around 3pm, around 6-7pm, and between 10-11pm are his most active times.

How is your sex drive?
I think my sex drive took a wrong turn and went right off a cliff.

Feeling movement and waiting in anticipation for him to be born. I've had a lot of fun getting his nursery together so far.

I'm still terrified something will happen to him.

I'm currently using a Batmobile toothbrush at the suggestion of my OB. I've had HORRIBLE problems with gagging while brushing my teeth, so she suggested I use a child's toothbrush and toothpaste. Can't use children's toothpaste because it makes me want to puke anyway... but the batmobile seems to be helping - even if it does make my husband laugh at me!
#8 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 10:55 PM

These are so fun. I love seeing how everyone else is doing. Thanks for starting it, Katt!

How many weeks are you? I just started week 26 and I can't believe I'm that far already!

Any cravings? Any type of sugary baked good. Now that I am home more during the day and I like to bake, I have been indulging it quite a bit. Oops. That might account for the huge weight gain this last month (12 pounds!!!).

Any Aversions? Not anything specific, but I find myself being a bit of a picky eater, which I wasn't at all before I got pregnant.

How are your clothes fitting? I can't wear most of my regular clothes now, just a few of my bigger T-shirts and some of my elastic waisted pants. Some of my maternity pants are also getting a little tight, but I can still wear them. I am pretty much completely wearing maternity clothes now.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? There is a ton of movement! He is most active in the evenings, after dinner and when I get in bed. Usually DH and I can lay in bed (around 10 or 10:30 p.m.) and he will kick for a good 20-30 minutes pretty consistently. He also gives me lots of little thumps and bumps when I am sitting down during the day. I think he gets soothed to sleep whenever I am up and moving around.

How is your sex drive? It comes and goes, but at least it has made a bit of an appearance lately. It was MIA for many months.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? I love feeling the baby move and watching my belly grow. I can lay in bed or on the couch forever just feeling him move around in there.

All the worries that come with it. Once I got past being worried about miscarriage, then I started worrying that he wasn't developing right, and now that I've seen him looking great on the ultrasound, I'm worried he will be stillborn or something will go terribly wrong at the birth. It's a never-ending cycle!

What else would you like to add? I'm having so much fun with this pregnancy and I love sharing it with a great group of people. Even when I don't post much, I am still here reading and absorbing all the wonderful things you all share. Thanks for being a great DDC!

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

#9 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 PM

How many weeks are you?
22w1d

Any cravings?
Ice cream. This started a few weeks ago, and I want it often now. Especially chocolate. I am probably eating it at least 3 times a week now, but I want to eat it every day.

Any Aversions?

Not really. Really strong coffee smells, like freshly ground beans, or burned coffee make me gag.

Regular clothes are okay, maternity clothes feel better.

Lots of movement, more often in the evening. I have been woken up at night several times, too.

How is your sex drive?

Rather strong.

The movement, though when I heard the heartbeat for the first time (at around 15 weeks), I cried. I couldn't believe it.

Nothing too nervewracking. The first trimester was sometimes difficult, b/c so much was changing - crampiness, gaining and losing symptoms, it was hard to know what was normal.

I'm so happy that I have had this group to go through this with. The few pregnant people or new moms I know or meet say things like "Get the epidural as soon as you get to the hospital."
I know that I can give birth naturally in part because of you guys. I know that my decisions on how to mother are smart partly because you all do them, too. Thank you for being here.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#10 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 11:36 PM

How many weeks are you? 24

Any cravings? Depends on the moment of the day

Any Aversions? See above.

How are your clothes fitting? I'm in desperate search of some bigger maternity clothes.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Tons of movement, pretty much anytime I sit for more than 5 minutes and as soon as I lie in bed.

How is your sex drive? 0

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? That everything is progressing normally, and that I'm not stressed about the new arrival.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? Thinking about how dd#2 will respond to a younger sibling.

What else would you like to add? My skin is HORRIBLE! I can't believe that it keeps getting worse. I have acne on my chest, face and back. It is really bothering me.

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#11 of 34 Old 08-21-2006, 11:49 PM

How many weeks are you? 21w6d

Any cravings? Pretty much everything.

Any aversions? Ranch dressing completely grosses me out.

How are your clothes fitting? Maternity fit great.

Feeling any movement? Yep. I swore this one was calmer than my others, but she has been proving me wrong the last few days.

How is your sex drive? My what?

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Feeling all those bumps and kicks.

What is the most nerve wracking thing about this pregnancy so far? Now I'm getting to a point where she is close to viable, so in a strange way that is more stressful for me. (Just based on personal history.)

What else would you like to add? KrystalC, the only toothpaste I can use during pregnancy is Tom's. It's my favorite anyhow, but everything else makes me gag when pregnant.
#12 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 AM

Where on earth do you buy Tom's toothpaste? I've never even heard of it. However, since I almost lose my breakfast, lunch, and dinner... I'm willing to try ANYTHING!!!!!!
#13 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 AM

How many weeks are you? 23w, 0d

Any cravings? sometimes, though nothing consistent anymore

Any Aversions? coffee, including the smell of it on dh's breath

How are your clothes fitting? I finally had to put away some pants and shorts that had worked well by putting the waistband under my belly...no more. Spending many of my days in maternity shorts overalls...bliss to have nothing around the waist.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? I feel some sort of movement everyday...but it depends on what my day is like. If I'm really busy I usually only feel her first thing in the morning and when I am driving. On calmer days, I can feel her move around anytime I'm more still.

How is your sex drive? really, seriously, non-existent

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? It's a toss-up, I'm not sure if it's getting pg again at 40, or if it's having a girl pg after 3 boy pgs, or planning my first homebirth -- this is just a very exciting pg for me all around!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? getting to the 22 week mark, since we lost baby boy #2 at 21 weeks

What else would you like to add? This group -- esp. this DDC -- are excruciatingly important to me

Maryhippie.gif

#14 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 10:24 AM

How many weeks are you? Just over 24.

Any cravings? coca~cola (sigh)

Any Aversions? Nope, but I can eat dairy again!

How are your clothes fitting? hahaha. They haven't fit since 8 weeks! I found some great pajamas that are comfy and will fit the entire pregnancy- I think I'll just stay home so that I can wear them ALL the time!

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? This baby is into gymnastics, soccer, and boxing... Baby is most active in the night. Just like my boys (and husband). Why am I the ONLY morning person in this family? :

How is your sex drive? Um...getting better. Every once in a while it really "kicks in", but I'm so darned tired all the time!

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? I love sharing this with my boys. At 6 they are so involved! We're studying the anatomy of the fetus and expecting mother- I love it when they tell everone that the baby is in my uterus. One of my boys gave me a big hug, rubbed my belly and told me I was a beautiful mom the other night

The periods of no movement. I gotta admit-It makes me nervous. Baby was kicking up a storm for about a week, then we went a whole day with almost nothing! It was awful.

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#15 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM

How many weeks are you? 24 weeks

Any cravings? Icecream! I have a major sweet tooth this pregnancy. I'm also craving lime tortilla chips, I make my husband buy boatloads of them.

Any Aversions? It depends, sometimes I just don't feel like eating stuff, but I do seem to have an aversion to hamburgers, depsite my meat cravings!

How are your clothes fitting? I'm in all maternity clothing now and I'm going to have to buy new shirts soon (because I need winter stuff!) and I'm thinking I might need a bigger size! My tummy seems a lot bigger this time!

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? This kids a big kicker......most movement in the late afternoon/early evening around dinner time and right before I go to bed, of course.

How is your sex drive? Comes and goes

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Feeling all the movement!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? The week we had to wait for test results!

What else would you like to add? Is anyone else really tired still? I'm still exhausted much of the time.....of course, it could have something to do with chasing a 2-year old around!
#16 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM

How many weeks are you?

23w 3d

Any cravings?

Peanut Butter and Oatmeal

Any Aversions?

Meat and Eggs.

Now that I’ve switched over to all maternity most of them fit- but my breasts are about 2x the size they were with Gracie so I’m looking forward to clothes shopping next month.

Yes, very often. Morning, afternoon, evening- all night long, it wakes me up. Basically anytime mama stops rocking the hammock walking around working, baby wakes up. That won’t change once he’s born and we’re slinging, I need to get used to it.

How is your sex drive?

I don’t have one. The first time in my life that it’s vanished- or rather, my mind is still very very turned on, but my body just isn’t responding. With Gracie I had to have it one way or another at least 3x a day- this one- not at all. I tell dh it must be a boy and my drive is gone because I already have a penis in me all the time

Thinking we might have twins- just one. Whew.

Getting my stuff together to have “the circ discussion”. It’s really been a very calm and uneventful pregnancy… just gestating in peace.

I’m so tired, I can barely stand up let alone get anything done. We end up spending a lot of time lying on Gracie’s bedroom floor reading books or practicing our words and letters or back exercises.

- oh yeah, and my colostrum is in. Gracie is a very happy nursing toddler.
#17 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 01:38 PM

Can I join? Please??

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt
How many weeks are you? 22 weeks, 2 days. I admit - I had to check - I don't seem to be mentally ticking off the days like I was last time.
Any cravings? Oh man, I can eat junk food like a 14 year old boy in a growth spurt. I am so envious of women who crave fruits and vegs. I want grease, and lots of it - but my MW told me my plaetlets are low and that greasy food is supposed to help (how's that for a justification?)
Any Aversions? Not really.

How are your clothes fitting? I am large and in charge this time around. I have been in fulltime mat wear since about 14 weeks, and I have a rather sizeable belly.
Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Lots of movement, usually as soon as my toddler goes to bed.
How is your sex drive? nonexistent.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? I'm just starting to feel excited - I spent most of the first half pretty nervous. We've found out that it's another boy, so I'm getting excited about that.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? I'm scared to death to have 2 children. I really don't know if I'm going to be able to manage it.
If one more person makes a face when I tell them I'm due Christmas Eve, I'm going to lose it. No I didn't plan it. No, it's not convenient. Last I checked, nothing about delivering a baby at any time was convenient. Thanks, I feel better after that little vent!
#18 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM

How many weeks are you? 23W

Any cravings? None

Any Aversions? None

How are your clothes fitting? Some clothes still fit, but others definitely don't any more, I need a new pair of jeans soon

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Not yet

How is your sex drive? Pretty good when I'm not tired

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? We went to the beach, it was so nice to show off my belly!!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? I'm feeling so unprepared for the big day, need to do more reading

#19 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 02:58 PM

How many weeks are you? 25ish

Any cravings? sweets!

Any Aversions? not sweets

How are your clothes fitting? ugh, can we go into that on another thread?

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? yes. night and late afternoon

How is your sex drive? Well, it's GREAT, but since I'm not getting any, I'm pissed.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? buying girly diapers.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? The down synrome scare we had

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#20 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 05:06 PM

How many weeks are you? 24!!

Any cravings? fruit and ice cream

Any Aversions? not really

How are your clothes fitting? Maternity clothes are wonderful. Almost all of my non-maternity clothes are put up.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Yes, feeling tons finally. Mostly in the early morning and when I go to bed.

How is your sex drive? Not so good. Banned by my doc (see below)

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Getting a big round belly and feeling movement. It is so increadible!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? A week and a half ago I had spotting which has really concerned my doc. The placenta is still laying very low and the umbilical cord is attached low, too (battledore placenta), AND they are concerned that the cord is not completely attached to the placenta. So, I am on “low activity” and just hoping things will move! I have another ultrasound in a few weeks to check the positioning and cord attachment.

What else would you like to add? Aside from the above stress, I really LOVE being pregnant! It has been fun to get to know you all, too!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
#21 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 PM

How many weeks are you? 26.5

Any cravings? no, haven't ever had any with any of my pregnancies

Any Aversions? no, not really

How are your clothes fitting? my maternity are really loose because all my summer stuff I bought when I was pg with DS#1 who was born in July 2003 so I was like 7 or 8 months pg as opposed to 6

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Are you refering to to the aerobic class going on in my belly? I never really felt anything with the boys because of the placement of my placenta, but with this one I feel everything. She has no set pattern and just likes to be active for a few minutes then quiet down, then get active again.

How is your sex drive? It was really high this morning, but DH was no where to be found. Oh well, his lose. Not as high as when I was pg with DS#1 but that is not unusual as I have two toddlers and little energy.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Baby is a girl so I am anticipating all the differences between taking care of a girl as opposed to boys. And the shopping is pretty darned exciting too!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? Pretty much the same thing - it is a girl, so I really am out of my element and don't know what to expect. I'm also nervous about having an extremely fast birth and maybe having an unplanned birth at home or elsewhere.

What else would you like to add? My belly popped and I look huge. At least people have stopped looking at me like I'm getting fatter and are finally like "oh, she's just preggers again."

Jennifer
#22 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTel
If one more person makes a face when I tell them I'm due Christmas Eve, I'm going to lose it.
We need a "If one more person..." thread. I have a few of these too!
#23 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 PM

How many weeks are you? 22 weeks and 5 days

Any cravings? Chocolate, sugary baked goods, and Mexican food.

Any Aversions? I'm a real picky eater, but I haven't not wanted anything that I would normally eat.

How are your clothes fitting? I've been wearing maternity shorts for the past 6 weeks. Last night I had to cut the elastic out of some shorts so that I could sleep comfortably in them. I can fit in some of my normal shirts but the maternity ones are the most comfy.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Right when I wake up I get a few kicks and then at night right before bed I feel the most movement. Also, every time I drive down the driveway I get a really nice braxton hicks contraction.

How is your sex drive? Non-existent. Which is a huge change from my first pregnancy. I think I might just be really tired from chasing a toddler all day.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? I've really enjoyed talking to ds about the baby in my belly. DS has been so sweet laying his head on my belly and giving the baby kisses. He will come up to me and lift my shirt and say "baby" and rock his arms back and forth.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? I have always been a worrier. And so I guess being worried about the health of the baby and just wanting the birth to go perfectly. This pregnancy has also been financially stressful. Our store was robbed last month and we are still trying to financially recover from that.

What else would you like to add? I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster. I am really happy to have a group like this to talk with other pregnant mamas. Thanks for being a great DDC!
#24 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 08:36 PM

How many weeks are you?

21 1/2

Any cravings?

This cereal that is basically tree bark and twigs

Any Aversions?

No

All maternity...

Yes. Now...evening

How is your sex drive?

what sex drive?

It's a boy! I'm scared and excited

Knowing I have a clotting disorder and that could impact the baby in a very serious way.

?
#25 of 34 Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM

How many weeks are you?21weeks 5days

Any cravings? sirnica!! also peanut butter

Any Aversions?the smell of meats/chicken,any kind of tomato sauce

How are your clothes fitting?my regular clothes(shirts at least) enhance my figure but the maternity clothes either do the same or I drown in them..

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time?yes; evenings and bedtime is most active

How is your sex drive?It's always been super high-no changes in that dept.

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far?the fact that it's most first so everything is a new experience. also knowing that my world is going to change upside down in 4 months

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far?Can't get proper medical attention for other physical injuries..

What else would you like to add?I can't believe I've been pregnant for liek 5 months already! The months are going fast but the days are still so slow
#26 of 34 Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 AM

How many weeks are you? 25 today

Any cravings? dairy, chocolate, and protein, and NA beer.

Any Aversions? nothing tastewise, but lots of smells bug me.

How are your clothes fitting? tight, my belly is huge.

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? This baby is very active, I have been feeling her a lot in the early morning and after meals.

How is your sex drive? all I can do is at this one

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? feeling the movement, and seeing my daughter's joy at the growth of this baby in my belly. Also, I love my midwife. I never went to a midwife like this before.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? I am still scared that I will lose this baby. I had low progesterone in the beginning, and had an abnormal mass on my ovary, that the perinatologist and an OB that I consulted with both said needed to come out surgically. That sucked.

What else would you like to add? I am so hot and soooo big. It makes me kind of uncomfortable. I love being in the water, it feels amazing. Will be happy when the weather gets cooler. Hmmm. lets see what else, my younger DD is still nursing a little, but not much anymore.

What a good thread, I am enjoying reading it.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#27 of 34 Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 AM

How many weeks are you?23

Any cravings?Good 'N Plenty-ies
Any Aversions?humid weather

How are your clothes fitting?my pregnancy ones

Feeling any movement? Oh yes if yes, when is the most active time?7 pm

How is your sex drive?in overdrive

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far?the fact that it's the last!

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far?how in the heck are we going to afford this one?

What else would you like to add? The girls are excited, yet a little worried, and Daddy is starting to get really really excited about having one more scootcher around the house!

DH Cain Mamma to 3 girls LO due 2/15
#28 of 34 Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 AM

These are so much fun - especially reading the first-timers posts - makes it easier to remember the excitement of the first time.

How many weeks are you?
25 weeks, 5 days

Any cravings?
None really - an occasional craving for chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and for a Coca-Cola here and there (which I normally don't drink)...that's about it!

Any Aversions?
None

I've been in maternity for quite awhile, and it is fitting just fine.

Yes, quite a bit now. He is pretty active at night, and when I am sitting at my desk at work - I think he is as bored as I am!

How is your sex drive?
Non-existant, poor DH!

I've been on a pretty even keel this pregnancy...while I'm excited to meet this little guy, and it is fun to hear DS1 talk about his little brother, I'm afraid I haven't felt giddy with excitement like I did last time around.

The flip side of that is that I really haven't felt very worried about this pregnancy at all. Last time, I remember points where I felt simply panicked that something was wrong with the baby, or I was going to lose the baby, or in anticipation of labor - this time those fears haven't been there really. I'm a little nervous about tandem nursing and affording a second child, but not too worried about either at all.

#29 of 34 Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 PM

How many weeks are you?
21.5 I think

Any cravings?
sweet stuff, fruit, cheese, carbs

Any Aversions?
I'm still not reallt into vegetables, which is the strangest thing for me (vegetarian). I find that if someone else prepares them I can eat them, but I really struggle with eating veggies that I make - even salad.

I'm in maternity pretty much exclusively - they fit fine, although I will need to get more stuff for the winter don't want to spend the $$

yes, especially in the last week or so it's really picked up. Most active in the evening especially when I go to bed.

How is your sex drive?
meh. when it comes on, it's short-lived so if dh isn't around...he misses out!

Well, just being pregnant for the first time is pretty darn exciting! But I have to say that hearing the heartbeat for the first time, seeing the bean moving around on the u/s, and growing this belly, are the most exciting things so far.

when i got bad hives for no apparent reason at 7-8 weeks and I thought my body was attacking the baby and I had to go t0 the hospital - that was very scary. Since passing the 12-14 week mark I have really not been worrying much at all.

Just how valuable it is to have this fantastic DDC when most of my friends haven't had kids yet and it's challenging to find a group of mamas with the same outlook/philosophy on pregnancy/birth/childrearing. This forum has been great!!
#30 of 34 Old 08-23-2006, 03:48 PM

How many weeks are you? 23 wks 6 days

Any cravings? Ice Cream ...last week it was pickles (must be "normal")

Any Aversions? None..if it's edible I want it.

How are your clothes fitting? Some skirts are starting to fit me tight. Been in maternity shirts awhile now...

Feeling any movement? if yes, when is the most active time? Yes..throughout the day and night. Most active when I'm sitting with my knees up or if I'm laying on my back or side, slightly on belly.

How is your sex drive? normal to more

What is the most exciting thing about this pregnancy so far? Having DH able to feel the baby move the last week, and knowing if I'm just patient I'll be able to see it move soon.

What is the most nerve racking thing about this pregnancy so far? Trying to keep up the laundry on my dwindling suppy of clothes...

What else would you like to add? I'm carrying really really low. Have been the whole time and so I feel sometimes like my growing belly is just a fat belly...till it kicks at me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page