32 week appt. today.....how about some updates? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It went really well. The baby's still head down & I'm measuring a week ahead. I've gained 4 lbs. total now, which is good. My bp was quite low for me, 110/60, but that's not a bad thing, I think. The baby's hb was in the 140's & I'm so glad to report I have yet to get a UTI this pg, which is rare for me.

How are you ladies doing? When's your next appt?

Shannon
#2 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:00 AM

just had my 32 wk appt yesterday. It was boring. Everything was right where it is supposed to be. Was measuring exactly to the day. Heart rate was 150, right in the middle, and I am gaining just as I should. Oh and my blood pressure was right on.
I love boring because that means that everything is going well. I am starting to relax a little but not as care free as w/ my pgs before my losses. But everything is looking good.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#3 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:05 AM

I met with my midwife today. I've not gained any weight in 4 weeks. Total weight gain is at 21 pounds. Baby is no longer butt down. Heart was 136. Sleeping is going well (love my chiro). Had some problems sleeping a few nights ago as I was dumb and drank 2 cups of tea right before bed! I think my breasts have stopped "swelling", but they've been leaking a bit much to the amusement of my dh and sons. Feeling pretty good!

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#4 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:46 AM

Had my 29 week appt. today.
Everything is good.
Head down, heartbeat 130, my bloodpressure is good... can't remember the numbers though.
No leaking, and lots of fun movement.
#5 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Had my 29 week appt earlier this week. Everything seems to be great. I never have any complaints. Had my blood pressure taken in 3 different positions and all was well. Gained 2 lbs and got a high five instead of a lecture (is there a smilie for eye rolling?) I think I have gained around 19 lbs so far.

Baby is head down, heartbeat 145. I found out that I have to make it to 35 weeks for my mw to do a homebirth, though she will consider fudging it after 34 weeks.

Next week I am doing the GTT, but without the glucola drink. I have to go eat a big breakfast, wait 2 hours and come back.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#6 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM

I had my 29-30 week appointment on Friday. Bebe Sophia is doing well - heart rate about 158. My bp was 120/62, normal for me. I think I gained 3 lbs this last two weeks. The week before, I went into my OB's due to and unknown anxiety attack. (Financial stresses) This was the first time I've ever had an attack! Weird things they are! I got worried as my heart was totally racing! I ended up taking the stupid flippin' GD test, from the pressure of myself - I was worried that I was starting to have PE! Well, I passed with flying colors, like I didn't know I wouldn't. I have another US scheduled in mid-November. Yeah, I know the whole US is a touchy subject, but I'm so glad they are there! Bebe Sophia has a two-vesseled cord, and they are just keeping an eye on her growth. My ultrasonographer is awesome, she whips right through all the measurements. Her longest scan was something like 10 minutes. Thanks to Bebe Sophia also, she was cooperating and moved so the lady could get all the measurements quickly! Go figure. I plan on making this US the last, as she's been measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule at the last one. Go Bebe Sophia!!!!!

DH Cain Mamma to 3 girls LO due 2/15
#7 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 02:25 PM

Woohoo! Sound like good updates ladies.

Overall things are fine here... baby's kickin', I'm on track for a 35-40 pound weight gain total, BP is fine, urine is mostly clear EXCEPT last time they found white cells in it. The dr. felt it was coming from the vagina and not a UTI, so I went on meds for BV. Now I think I have a yeast infection from the meds... ugh ugh ugh...

Overall though I feel food except for occasional low back pain and needing a nap every afternoon. 7 more weeks until my due date.. I can't believe it.

We are so close to done with shopping and preparing. I need to wash diapers and purchase a couple more bottle supplies (I'll be WOH come next June, so baby is going to have to learn to take a bottle of EBM). All the big stuff is taken care of. We just need a baby!
#8 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 07:50 PM

I'm 33 weeks today
Feeling pretty good, although I did a lot of housework today and I'm feeling it a bit..I must admit. The baby is very active tonight, I had one of those "alien like" kicks that looks like something is about to explode from your tummy. Maybe it's cuz I had a bit too much chocolate as a Friday night treat? Don't know!
The midwives here don't weigh us every week, and I haven't weighed myself so i have no clue how much i've gained.
It's only just been this past week I've had two nights when I've woken up several times needing to readjust myself. I've gone straight back to sleep but I haven't slept well, although it seems to alternate one bad night, one very good night.
I see the midwife next Friday.....last time they checked the baby was head down, totally measuring exactly to the date....a friend looked at me yesterday though and she thinks the baby is laying sidways....hmmmmmmmmm
#9 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 10:49 PM

I had a 30 week apt on Tuesday along with yet another Level 2 u/s. "Jellybean" is still measuring small (30th percentile for size), but they're happy he/she continues to grow between apts.

My blood pressure is on it's way up and we're all expecting pre-eclampsia again.

The ultrasound showed that "jellybean" is finally in the head down position (but face up).

Heart rate was about 145.

I've gained about 14 lbs total now.

My next OB apt is in 2 weeks and my next Level 2 u/s is in 4 weeks.
#10 of 29 Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Had my 31 week appt. All is well... not much to report. Baby is vertex and usually hangs out OP but was showing it's tiny tushie off hanging out straight OA yesterday. My MW has come to my house for my last 2 appts. so I haven't been weighed in a long time. We aren't worried about my weight gain though, it's still under 20 pounds. We are both predicting this baby will be a little smaller than my others (ds#1 8'2 and ds#2 8'6) this one will probably be high 7's or 8 even. Maybe it will be my GIRL!!! HR was 140 with accel's to 150's when you tickle the butt. MW couldn't find the BP cuff (I think her 3 y/o had removed it from the bag) but I don't have BP issues so not a big deal. That's my kind of prenatal care... very low key! I actually feel ridiculously great. Hope everyone else does too!
#11 of 29 Old 10-17-2006, 01:24 PM

I had my 31 week appt last week. My midwife was out of the office so I saw the OB for the first time. He had to search for 30 seconds to find the hb. If I hadn't of just felt her move in the waiting room, I would of been a total wreck. He went ahead and did a very quick (1 min) u/s to check her position since he had such a hard time finding her hb. She is transverse, although it is not as much as ds1 was (he stayed transverse until 38 weeks). My bp was 100/70 and my total weight gain is at 13 pounds. I gained 5 lbs of that in the last 2 weeks though. Eek! Overall I am still feeling really good.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#12 of 29 Old 10-17-2006, 01:30 PM

I had my 34 week today. Everything went well. My BP is still low (110/70), my weight gain is continuing- over 20 pounds now! Baby's HB was in the 150's. Fundal height is 35, up from 33 two weeks ago.
#13 of 29 Old 10-18-2006, 04:25 PM

31 weeks now, midwife appt. yesterday.

BP is perfect for me during pregnancy: 120/70
Heartrate about 136-140
all those things they check for in the urine, perfectly fine

Baby is head down and has been, I think continuously, since the last appt. 4 weeks ago. She seems very happy in that position and I'm happy for it too!

We don't do the weight check thing, but I'm sure it's not been much. I gained about 35-40 last pg and believe it's gotta be lots less than that...

Overall just feeling great. Full of energy. This has been the easiest of all my pregnancies -- hope that bodes well for labor and delivery too.

Just 5 weeks until the midwives consider us full-term for a homebirth!

Maryhippie.gif

#14 of 29 Old 10-18-2006, 04:49 PM

I love reading these updates Mamas

I am 33 weeks and baby is doing well. She is head down and seems to have settled in, for the most part, nicely on my left side. I have been listening to her with a fetoscope every day and she has a nice heart tone. I can also hear the placenta on the left.

Baby has lots of hiccups, which I welcome. I was told those are a sign of fetal well being. I had some spotting a few weeks ago which shook me up a bit, but that went away.

Right now, my only complaint is that I had a hivey sort of episode last week and I am still really itchy. I have sensitive skin and am trying to figure out what caused it. I don't have a sense that it is one of the pregnancy related itchy conditions

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#15 of 29 Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 PM

I'm almost 32 weeks, and had a mw appt yesterday. My bp was 100/60 (typical for me). Baby's heartrate was good, and we're measuring right on target. The mw (a backup for my usual mw, who was attending a birth) said I still have room between the baby's head and my pubic bone - though where that space is, I have no idea! It feels like the kid is resting its head right on the bone to me. *shrug* I had a blood draw done last appt to check my iron levels, and they actually went up slightly! MW was proud and impressed. Hooray for me!

DH and I are taking this weekend (fall break at the University, so we have a three day weekend) to go camping and have some quality "us" time before the baby comes (and before it gets too darn cold outside to camp anymore). I'm really looking forward to it. :

to everyone for growing healthy babies! Great job, mommas!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#16 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 12:13 PM

Had my 30 week mw visit today. All is good, except for the leukocytes that continually lurk in my urine (I think today's sample sent to the lab is my fourth lab testing?).

My BP is great, baby's heartrate is great, she is currently head down and facing the left. I hadn't gained any weight over the past month, which surprises me since I feel like I've been eating a lot.

My marching orders -- iron supplements, cranberry, eat lots of protein and complex carbs. I forgot to ask her recommendations on red raspberry leaf and evening primrose oil, but I get much of my info here anyway.

In six more weeks I will be clear for the home birth! though I think if anything I will be delivering later rather than sooner.
#17 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 05:12 PM

I love the updates, too! So glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

My 31 wk appointment was wonderful!! Heartbeat a consistant 150, my blood pressure and weight were good. Baby is head down, but sort of diagonal with the butt under my left rib cage.

The best news is that for the first time she mentioned that possibility of a vaginal birth!! A lot has to happen before my next u/s with the peri, but I am hopeful!

Feeling more tired these days, but still feel great overall.

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
#18 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 06:51 PM

I'm glad everything went well for you! I have my 32 week appointment on Tuesday which is actually the day before I turn 33 weeks and I will be going to a new practice meaning a new doctor. I'm actually seeing a midwife. I'm excited.

How does your doctor know what position your baby is in? I thought they could only tell by U/S?

Chelci

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#19 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
How does your doctor know what position your baby is in? I thought they could only tell by U/S?

Chelci
Midwives and some doctors will palpate your belly to feel the position of the baby. They usually can tell pretty easily if the head is up or down and where the baby's back is.
#20 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 PM

I had my 34 week appt. on Tuesday. Baby is still vertex and now is ROA. It was LOA last time. I felt it switch sides the night before the appt. It must feel like such a huge change if baby switches to breech! Everything was healthy and my mw can now hear the baby's heartbeat with just her ear up against my belly.
#21 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dingo View Post
I have been listening to her with a fetoscope every day and she has a nice heart tone. I can also hear the placenta on the left.

ND
Hey, I'm so glad the fetoscope is working for you! I remember you asking about using one a while back and saying you always had a hard time hearing the heartbeat.
#22 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversong View Post
Midwives and some doctors will palpate your belly to feel the position of the baby. They usually can tell pretty easily if the head is up or down and where the baby's back is.
Thanks for answering my question. I see a new doctor on Tuesday so I will ask her about that.

Chelci

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#23 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 07:31 PM

Had my 31 week appt last week-
measures 32 cm,B/P 117/64 I think.
I have gained 19 pounds ,baby is head down -heart rate 144.

I LOVE the midwife .
Feeling better about most things -(been a rough ,stressful pregnancy -job changes ,family changes,mom moving away from me ,etc)
Starting to get a few things together now -bought an Ultimate baby holder carrier .
Glad to hear others doing so well.

::
momma to 4
#24 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 PM

Just got home from my 30 week appointment.

Fundal height is right on. Blood pressure is perfect. Weight gain is still good. Fetal heartrate 144, and got the added bonus of him kicking the doppler pretty hard.
#25 of 29 Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 PM

I will be 34 weeks tomorrow, and I had my most recent midwife appointment on Tuesday. Everything was fine. The heartbeat was strong and I think it was around 130. I had normal pee , and I have gained about 32 pounds. The baby is head down, with his back along my right side. My midwife would like to see his back be along the left side for optimal positioning, but he still has some time to move so I'm not too worried about it. I found out that my midwife won't do a homebirth until I am 37 full weeks, which means November 10 is my date to shoot for. I have a feeling the baby will be a little early, but hopefully not that early. We scheduled my home visit, and I really feel like we are in the last stretch! I cannot believe how fast time has gone!

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

#26 of 29 Old 10-20-2006, 12:05 PM

I had my 33 week appt yesterday. Everything is going fine. I didn't gain much weight though in the last two weeks which was disappointing for me. So I need to step that up. She said that the baby feels really low so that is probably the reason my fundal height hasn't gone much of anywhere. She wants to see me in three weeks. Since I would be 35 weeks if we did 2 she said to just come back in 3 then we could go straight to everyweek after that. Dh actually decided to come to an appt which was nice. I apparantely have begun nesting. I have been going through all the clothes trying to get things organized in a semi decent way. I need to go buy some boxes to help organize this basement. The upstairs is so irritating I don't even want to bother with it. It is obvious that I am the only one in the house that cares about cleanliness b/c everyone else just leaves their crap all over the place. It is disgusting. I'm not in a very good mood today. DD2 was up all night long and I didn't get any sleep. She was kicking and screaming and pinching me all night. I was getting really pissed off.
#27 of 29 Old 10-21-2006, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I am 33 weeks today and had an appt yesterday. BP was in the hundred-teens (can't remember the exact measurement) over 60-something I think. Weight gain... 4.6 lbs in 2 weeks. :P Maybe it was the heavy shirt I was wearing....

I brought my birth plan to my dr (link in siggy to the first draft) and she pretty much just read through it and nodded the whole way. It was funny, too, right before she read my line on how I wanted to push, she mentioned "laboring down" and to push when you feel the urge. Then she started reading again where I wrote "I would like to push with my body's own urges..."

I asked her if she could tell the baby's position, and so while I was still lying down after being measured (measured 32 yesterday) and heart listened to, she felt the baby. I'm sure he/she has moved around again since then but at the appt baby was head down, facing my left side.

She also mentioned what would happen if I went late. She said that at 41 weeks she would want me to start having semiweekly non stress tests. Then she said something about induction in the same breath as 43 weeks. FORTY-THREE weeks??? I was SO excited to hear that number. I have never EVER heard of a doctor letting someone be pregnant for so long. That extra time will definitely give me a much better chance of going into labor on my own, when MY body and MY baby are ready for it.

Did I say yet that I love my dr?

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#28 of 29 Old 10-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Almost 32 weeks. Had an appt. last week and another this week. I have gestational hypertension, which continues to get worse despite medication, so I'll be seen weekly for NSTs and fetal growth monitoring.

I had high blood pressure with the other two as well, so I'm familiar with this road. Seeing as how I never know which week might be the one they say, "Let's get this baby out" (we're monitoring for pre-eclampsia . . . but I'm obviously hoping to go into labor on my own), I'm starting to get a little stressed, especially with two other kids to make arrangements for. So I'm nesting pretty hard, trying to get everything ready and lists organized for caretakers if we need them and so forth.

I hit 35 pounds last week . . . so I expect to be in the 40-45 pound range. More than I wanted, but so be it. I haven't had the energy to work out in a while and I have to take it easy with the blood pressure, so I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym again in a few months. I miss my workouts!

Baby is measuring well, moving like a maniac, and has a good heartbeat.

The kids are getting more excited everyday, and there are just a couple more things we really need before the baby comes. I can't wait to have him here!
#29 of 29 Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 AM

I had my 32 week appointment on Thursday. I was 31 weeks 6 days, baby was measuring at 32. My BP was 115/64 and his heartrate was 140. We were also happy to find out he is head down, just hoping he stays that way now!

I originally had Kaiser in the beginning of this pregnancy and I just felt like I was being set up to fail. They tested me for GD at 9 weeks based on no other reason than, "well, you are too heavy". They even talked about going ahead and putting me in the high risk program simply because I got pregnant via IVF.

Things have been so great ever since I switched to a Midwife and birthing center! No problems, complications or anything "high risk".

I can't believe my next appt is in 2 weeks and we are so close to the end now!

~heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page