Weight gain...NOT! IBS? Lactose intolerant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2006, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't know if I should be concerned or not. Doctor doesn't seem to be. I was already a bit overweight. When I got preggo with #1 (1989) I was 128 lbs. I was 171 when I went in to have him. Lost all the weight and then some. After #2, I harder time losing, but didn't have much to loose before getting #3, etc...

Now before getting preggo with #7, I could only get to 190. I'm having a hard time loosing. The weight just crept up with each child, and I just couldn't loose it.

Yesterday I go in to the appt. and I was 208. I've only gained 3 lbs in 6 weeks. I was happy. I'm 5'8". I also had that glucose test yesterday. I am so sick to my stomach today. Diarrhea like crazy.

But then again, it's nothing new. I know I'm lactose intolerant. But I refuse to take Lactaid or anything like it. Maybe in my sick mind I know if I eat dairy, I will have IBS, and then everything will come out instead of staying in my body.

So of course I'm suppose to be 30 weeks, but I'm measuring 29, and the OB did say something about me being smaller, but didn't seem really concerned. I am worried that I'm not keeping anything healthy in my body. I haven't told the doctor. I do try to eat at least 1 good meal a day. The rest is just whatever I really feel like, whether it's candy or just a soda. :

I do drink Diet Dr Pepper 2-3 times a week, but that's the only thing that I'm putting in my body that is "bad" besides McDonalds a few times a week too.

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 11:23 PM

Your baby is a very hard little thing. They tend to take what they need no matter how much or little we give them. I don't think you should feel bad. Baby number 7 and your 5'8. I'm impressed. I hit 190 this week and I still have 4 more weeks to go. lol and I'm only 5'3.
I think the best thing you can do is eat well and let yourself have your treats then think about it after. My family is starting to x country ski so I hopeing that will help me in my weightloss goals.
Everyone measures different and I don't think 1 week is a biggie but if you still fell bad about it bring it up with your dr and they should lay all your worries to rest.

Hope you feel better

~Erin
Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 AM

: What Erin said!

Not to mention that your measurements might fluctuate on a weekly basis... mine did. I measured ahead for most of the early months, then normal, now a tiny bit ahead again. Really these measurements are just a guess! Plus the fact that they can vary based on how you are carrying the baby, how the baby is positioned, etc.

try not to worry too much mama!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 AM

I am 5'7" and my prepregnancy weight was 212. When I got pregnant I lost 22lbs (morning sickness sucks!) and have only gained 6 lbs since then. My uterus is measuring 41 cms and the baby is big (you can actually see his head, back and legs). My MW is keeping a close eye on me, she is not concern about my weight just the size of my uterus and the babys health.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:11 AM

I weighed 108 pre-pregnancy now I weigh 152! I'm wondering how much of this will come off immediately, does your stomach look distended after you leave after birth?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:13 PM

I couldn't imagine gaining as much weight as any of you for a pregnancy..good luck to everyone
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberry99
I weighed 108 pre-pregnancy now I weigh 152! I'm wondering how much of this will come off immediately, does your stomach look distended after you leave after birth?
After I had #1, I lost it pretty fast. I was pretty excited. Since then it's taken me FOR-EVER!! : I weighed myself again yesterday, and I was 206. I was happy about that.

But I do not look fat. I am sure my weight is all in my boobs. I bought me a pair of maternity jeans last week from Penney's, and they are size 12/14. I tried on the 16/18, and they were falling off. I'm having a problem with these ones as well with not staying up good. But, oh, well...only 8-9 more weeks!!

User Tag List