I am starting to hate myself... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have become a crabby miserable person. I am soooo done being pregnant. I am so uncomfortable all the time and I have such bad heartburn and acid reflux that I just can't stand it anymore. I have been crabby and short with Elle and that just makes me hate myself so much. I usually have so much patience with her and I usually never raise my voice to her but lately I find that I am raising my voice more and more and it makes me feel like such a bad Mom. I have been working like crazy the last week and a half because my WAH business is having an enrollment special and I have been trying to take advantage of it as much as possible to make some extra money this month!! That being said I am just under so much pressure with being on the phone and computer all day working, taking care of Elle and keeping the house is some sort of order!! My dh works 50 hours a week and he helps out with the cleaning and laundry on his days off which helps tremendously but still I feel so overwhelmed right now. I am just really done being pg Ok I am done babbleing...

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyandelle View Post
I have become a crabby miserable person. I am soooo done being pregnant. I am so uncomfortable all the time and I have such bad heartburn and acid reflux that I just can't stand it anymore. I am just really done being pg Ok I am done babbleing...
Amy
Are we the same person?

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 AM

I could have posted this too. You're not alone :
Old 11-10-2006, 12:36 AM

I've been so there this week too

To help myself cope, I've called my cleaning helper. I haven't had her in since June, because I was handling everything okay. But things are busy with my WAHM biz right now too, plus bending over is really knocking me out. Otherwise I'd have called in the Mother to help me get caught up before baby gets here. Messy house = stressed out, cranky mama.

I'm also getting verrry impatient with the kiddos. I have to chill out a little, I know. I'm making myself nap when they nap, so that I can get into a happy space for the rest of the day
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!! It is good to know that I am not alone

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM

I think we all go through that. The extra hormones do not do anything to help either. It'll be over soon and you'll have your beautiful baby.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:26 PM

I do know how yall feel.. I've been there.. all I can say is time is flying by and it's almost over! and soon you'll have that baby in your arms
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM

I know what you are talking about, I have this big project due next weds and here I am "relaxing" at MDC. I can't see to get anything done.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:56 PM

Yep, crabby and hormonal...par for the course!! You are not alone.

FWIW my hormonal and crabby self has been much better since I took my midwife's advice and started taking a vitamin B supplement daily. I didn't feel I needed it before that, since those vitamins are in my prenatal. But she said that B vitamins are water soluble and our bodies use them up quickly when pregnant.

Sure enough, on the days that I remember to take the B right after breakfast, I am a much more pleasant and patient mama. Sometimes I find myself getting sooooo frustrated and then I remember that I didn't take it and go do it right away.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 11-10-2006, 03:58 PM

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. Pregnancy is hard enough, but it sounds like you have a lot on your plate, too. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You are doing the best you can and things won't be hard forever!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:52 PM

: We have all been there!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. (((HUGS))) to you and the rest of us as we deal with the crankiness.

If it makes you feel any better, DS suffered no ill effects during my cranky pregnancy with DD . And so far, they seem okay with this one too. I've explained to them as best as I could why I haven't been myself lately, which I think helps.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:46 AM

Ahhhhh... I've found my long lost sisters!!!!!! Trust me mama I seriously just about wanted to strangle my daughter (not really but... ) today at the OB office... she was just acting up, ok she's almost 3 and honestly has been SOOOO good about the terrible 2's! But she was being SOOOOO sassy and I seriously wanted to take her in the bathroom and just smack her butt... I know I know it's horrible... Sigh... only a few more weeks right??
Old 11-11-2006, 05:02 PM

Oh, I so feel you on this! I'd hug you if you were here! I'm sorry you're having a tough time, hormonally, & being harder on yourself when you're hard on your kids. I have my moments each day when I know I could've handled things a lot differently & feel badly for it. We, as mom's, tend to be overly harsh on ourselves when it comes to mistakes. Your kids will be no worse for it, provided the mood swings are temporary like in pg, & things will be fine in the long run.

I hope you're able to be a bit easier on yourself.

Shannon

User Tag List