Nesting: The spirit is willing, but the flesh is flabby and weak - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I look at my house, I want to clean it. But the very *thought* of cleaning right now sends me into a paroxym of Narcolepsy.

*sigh*

I WANT TO WANT TO, I just touch a broom or the laundry hamper and I just get overcome with exhaustion...

*sigh*
#2 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 05:38 PM

hehe I'm right there with ya! I have loads of plans - but actually carrying them out is just far too much for me right now. I seem to have little energy spurts here and there though, so I just go with it when it strikes!

~heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
#3 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM

company coming tomorrow, quartered deer needing butchered in the fridge, can't walk across the floors, bathrooms reek....

zzzzzzzzzz

I'm with ya!
#4 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM

I'm right there with you. I keep thinking "I need to do this" or "I need to do that" but when I get down to it, I work for about 5 minutes and I'm done. I'm having to force myself to get the baby's stuff more organized, finish projects I started before getting pregnant or at the beginning of pregnancy, and still manage to find time to do my homework and all of that.
#5 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_faune View Post
company coming tomorrow, quartered deer needing butchered in the fridge, can't walk across the floors, bathrooms reek....

zzzzzzzzzz

I'm with ya!
mmmmm...Deer...

*droooool* I'll help eat it. hehehe
#6 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 07:27 PM

I just woke up from a 2.5 hour nap & am reeeally hoping I get a burst of cleaning energy & the will to propel myself out of this chair & do something today, my only day I've had this week where I haven't needed to run around. I just want to be a vegetable & have people bring me things.

Shannon
#7 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 PM

I sooo wish I had that great nesting energy I keep hearing people talk about! I've been taking too long to get this proposal done and my advisor probably thinks I'm a huge slacker! I keep working a little here, and a little there, but for the most part I'm too tired! My brain is fuzzy and I can't focus. This morning after breakfast I feel back asleep for 2 more hours. This afternoon I'm so tired that all I've done is sit and read. The reading is for my thesis, but I can't promise I'll remember anything later...

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#8 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 10:32 PM

I thought it was just me! I have all these things I want/need to do but I don't have the energy. Laundry is so backed up it is ridiculous.
#9 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 11:10 PM

I actually have done some cleaning, as we had our shower today and I needed the house to be presentable. Never mind that this is the first time it's been clean in MONTHS (due to the remodel, everything EVERYWHERE, construction stuff, tools, etc). Try setting a timer for 5 minutes, straighten up 1 thing (ie: spend five min in the bathroom), then stop. Go to the next room/spot when you feel up to it for five min... etc...

That's courtesy of Flylady btw, and without her I'd be lost with cleaning! I'm TERRIBLE at it!!!!
#10 of 30 Old 11-11-2006, 11:24 PM

I wish that I could somehow convince my DH that I'm not ALONE when it comes to not wanting to do housework.... we SOOOO need to do laundry, clean before the baby comes, etc... but just the thought of it makes me yawn! OH man I'm getting sleepy.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz drooooooooooooooooool on the keyboard!
#11 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 AM

I am so w/ ya I keep waiting for that nesting energy and I just don't think it is gonna happen. Oh well, naked babies are cute

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#12 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post
mmmmm...Deer...

*droooool* I'll help eat it. hehehe
Come on over, we're having tenderloin medallions (marinating now) in citrus blackberry wine sauce tomorrow for supper. And of course, the corresponding mashed taters, and ooh, a veggie, what do I have? it looks like we'll be having golden nugget squash drizzled with plenty of butter and probably a couple pomegranates to cleanse the palate.

yup, company. when you have a crowd, add one more, no problem.

come. have a nice dinner, you can birth here if you want- get a break from the dh.
If you spend the night though, I'll warn you my dh will probably try to make you go to bed at 7.30-8pm also though.

He's going to have to help clean the house though. Especially the toys on the floor. I'm SO not doing well with toys on the floor. nope, not happening. the only way it might is if I sweep them in a pile, then I only have to get on hands and knees once. Bending over is not an option.
#13 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 02:35 AM

Can I come have dinner with you also? I'm drooling now and suddenly very hungry. I don't mind going to bed that early as long as I don't have to sleep. Laying down would be fine though. I'll even help sweep up toys.
#14 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 AM

I keep trying to con my sisters and mom into coming over and helping me organize and clean my house. They haven't done much yet though. Something about having to go to 'work'??!! I thought I was more important than paying bills but whatever.

I need to go through baby clothes and figure out what gender neutral stuff I can bother with bringing up and washing until baby gets here. Then I will really be making my sisters and mom do some laundry and cleaning.

Seems to me that the only person capable of cleaning up after themselves in my house is me. Although L did do a pretty good job of picking up her room without being asked the other day. She must not have been feeling well.
#15 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2girls View Post
Can I come have dinner with you also? I'm drooling now and suddenly very hungry. I don't mind going to bed that early as long as I don't have to sleep. Laying down would be fine though. I'll even help sweep up toys.
Sure. I'm reconsidering the potatoes though, the weather has given us a cold snap, and with the woodburning stove running to heat the house, and the stockpots simmering on top with the venison broth to thicken into fumet, and the brilliant leaves falling in showers... I'm thinking maybe we should do fresh bread instead, that smell always completes the picture.

Wow... I can tell I had fresh liver tonight. This afternoon I felt hopeless and worn down. That stuff is recognized as life-giving for a darned good reason! I ate and ate and ate... I think I ate almost half that liver tonight. Never felt too full though. it was like eating bites of strength and life and energy.
The only other thing that ever had that strong of an effect on me... would really gross some people out probably...

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
It was Gracie's placenta
#16 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 02:55 AM

Yeah I don't know liver sounds pretty gross........

Fresh bread is good though. I wouldn't mind fresh bread and potatoes. I can make the bread if you'd like.
#17 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

*sigh*

No liver for me. We dont have a cast iron skillet to cook it in. I REFUSE to eat liver that has been cooked in anything *but* a well seasoned cast iron skillet. I dont know why but it's the only way I'll eat it.

Smothered in bacon and onions.

First I take the bacon, cook it up. Take it out of the pan, then I sautee the onions till translucent, then take them out, then I dredge the liver in flour and fry it in the bacon drippings for about 5min each side. Then I smother it with the bacon and onions for another 5 min. Then I take it out. I deglaze the pan with the water from the boiling potatoes and thicken it to make a gravy with some flour and water.

Serve it with some steamed brussel sprouts, the potatoes, the gravy and OMGZORZ yum.

But the key is the cast iron skillet...well seasoned...

*sigh*

I need a good hit of liver...
#18 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 03:27 AM

no no no... MY liver. you're welcome to make the bread... but... MY liver. I'm glad you think it sounds gross, because if you wanted it I'd have to tell you to get your own!

Well alright then, Pandora, since you just described exactly what I made tonight, I suppose I can share with YOU...
#19 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_faune View Post
Come on over, we're having tenderloin medallions (marinating now) in citrus blackberry wine sauce tomorrow for supper. And of course, the corresponding mashed taters, and ooh, a veggie, what do I have? it looks like we'll be having golden nugget squash drizzled with plenty of butter and probably a couple pomegranates to cleanse the palate.
OK you know that teasing a bunch of pregnant women over the computer is just SOOOOOOOO wrong! OMG that sounds soooooooooooooooooo good.... mmmmmm..... drooooooool...... that would SO put me into a food coma!
#20 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 01:28 PM

You're making me HUNGRY! *sigh*

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#21 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 PM

I am having a hard time eating anything. Nothing sounds good to me and when I do eat, it's not much. I have to try and snack throughout the day, ugh.

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#22 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 04:25 PM

Holy derailed thread, Batman! *we should start a food thread*

roomformore, I'm actually in the same boat. That's why I'm making things I know will usually make me drool and go nuts. Of course, today has just been grapes, emergen-C, and lots of water so far. I'll eat well for dinner though, because I know I like that meal.
#23 of 30 Old 11-12-2006, 06:28 PM

Autumn_faune, that dish sounds absolutely amazing!

I am a pretty good cook, but I have had zero energy to cook anything. My mom has been putting meals together for me and dh.

As for the nesting, I am with everyone here. I really want to get up and do it, but I get tired just gathering the cleaning supplies. It's getting to the point where I need to take a two-hour nap after rinsing some dishes for the dishwasher.
#24 of 30 Old 11-13-2006, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm so glad I'm not alone in wanting to clean but just not having the available energy for it. And it's not just cleaning, but other random projects too (sewing, etc.). I had today off and got a tiny bit of things done, but somehow I just KNOW that on Wednesday and Friday (my next couple of days off) I will end up online instead of working on the things I'm supposed to be working on.

Hi, my name is Andrea, and I'm an MDC addict.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#25 of 30 Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Man, I got some energy today!

Kitchen and dining room are both shiny clean.

I spent...two hours polishing our glass top range. It had a bunch of stuff burnt on it (good job DH!) and well, I squirted that glass range top cleaner stuff on it, took a damp rag and just polished...for two hours..

No crud left on that. hehehe
#26 of 30 Old 11-14-2006, 12:18 AM

PHEW! I thought I was alone in thinking that I was just flat out lazy. I have good intentions, but carrying them out........different story. Really want to get these floors cleaned before the birth...hmmmm.....does it really matter? I wish it didn't....but it nags at me daily.
#27 of 30 Old 11-14-2006, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post
Man, I got some energy today!

Kitchen and dining room are both shiny clean.

I spent...two hours polishing our glass top range. It had a bunch of stuff burnt on it (good job DH!) and well, I squirted that glass range top cleaner stuff on it, took a damp rag and just polished...for two hours..

No crud left on that. hehehe

You're a better woman than me!! I've been looking around the house thinking about everything I need to do for about 2 hours now. Can't seem to muster the motivation to do anything about it though!
#28 of 30 Old 11-14-2006, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalC View Post

You're a better woman than me!! I've been looking around the house thinking about everything I need to do for about 2 hours now. Can't seem to muster the motivation to do anything about it though!
Hubby kicked me in the butt to be honest. He's like "You need motivation, if you dont get the kitchen done by the time I leave for work, I'm gonna take the playstation to work with me" I'm like "Damnit!"

of course, I started cleaning...it was like opening a can of pringles...I just couldn't stop....

I'm ascared...
#29 of 30 Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM

I am so ready to not be working again. I am helping my SIL at their local business until we can get someone hired and we are interviewing today I can't wait until I can rest and then feel like doing anything around here, DH brought another trip from the other house last night and there is so much to deal with and put away.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#30 of 30 Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM

I'm in the same boat, and I am driving myself crazy with my to-do list that keeps growing and nothing gets checked off. I bought paint and an area rug for the baby's room on Monday and I REALLY want to get the room painted this week as we're going away over the weekend and then hopefully the room will get aired out...BUT...have I cracked open the paint can? Got out the painter's tape? Even gathered the brushes/rollers from the basement? ...Nope. : And until that's done I can't rearrange the baby's and ds's rooms...move the dresser...sort/wash baby clothes and dipes...etc., etc.

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page