Does anyone else usually go "overdue?" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2006, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For moms of more than 2.... does anyone else have a history of cooking babies a little longer? I noticed on the "guess about a babe thread" almost EVERYONE said they would have their baby EARLY!!! That would be nice, what with most of us stressing a little about having babies around the holidays, but not so realistic, LOL! I have never had a baby before 41 weeks (twice). I also have a couple different "due dates" so I am not really sure (within a couple of days) of when I am "due". Just wondered who else is expecting to be hanging out with me after our due dates....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 07:38 PM

Yes, though I haven't gone a whole week yet. Dd was 3 days late, ds was 5 days late. So I'm thinking it might be January before this one comes, but maybe a little sooner. But definitely not early!

Mommy to kids

Old 11-17-2006, 08:06 PM

DD was 4 days late so I don't know if that is a "history" of going overdue or not! I was sort of expecting this one to go over the due date a bit, but then today found out I'm already dilated to 3, and I don't really know how common it is to go 2 more weeks when you're this far along already.

Who knows! I didn't even make a guess in guessaboutababe... I have no psychic intuition never have.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 PM

I'll likely be right there with you. I don't mind it at all & actually it would be preferrable so it'll probably be a Murphy's Law thing & I'll end up with my first early baby.

Shannon
Old 11-17-2006, 09:03 PM

I don't have any other babies, but guessed a day overdue just for the hell of it since I really don't have a clue. Family history would suggest that I'll go a little early as all of my mom's were between 36 and 38 weeks. *shrug* I can't even say that I WANT him to be born early because I really like being pregnant!

Does the family history thing really have any merit or is it strictly anecdotal?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM

I went 41 weeks with ds1 and went into labor with ds2 on his due date. I fully expect to make it to my due date or after with this one.

As far as family history goes, my mother was almost 1 week late with me (#1), 2 weeks late with my brother (#2), and 3 weeks late with my sister (#3). As a result, I always expected to carry mine to 40+ weeks.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM

Every one of mine have been past the due date. I went 4, 15, 17, 8, & 9 days late with each in that order. So I'm expecting to go at least a week late with this one too, but ya never know!

Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
but then today found out I'm already dilated to 3, and I don't really know how common it is to go 2 more weeks when you're this far along already?
Weeks longer... Sorry that is probably not what you wanted to hear, huh. With my 2 boys I have walked around for a good 2+ weeks dilated to 3 (ds#1) and 5 (ds#2) respectively. The good news is active labor doesn't have to take long when you start out that ripe.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalC View Post
Does the family history thing really have any merit or is it strictly anecdotal?
Anecdotal evidence (is that an oxymoron, LOL?) says that women birth more like their sister than their mother. I don't have any sisters so I can't say. But that theory has been true for a lot of women I have heard.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 PM

DS was 10 days early and on this one I have been on bedrest for high blood pressure, so the docs just take us apt to apt. We go in twice/week for monitoring and the baby is small, so if it stops growing all together we will induce. If it's still growing, they might still induce early due to the high blood pressure. I'm just hoping to make it to 37 weeks (November 28).
Old 11-18-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMama View Post
Anecdotal evidence (is that an oxymoron, LOL?) says that women birth more like their sister than their mother. I don't have any sisters so I can't say. But that theory has been true for a lot of women I have heard.
I don't have any sisters either. I guess only time will tell. I sure hope I birth like my mother though. Her longest labor was 4 hours!
Old 11-18-2006, 12:50 AM

I think i will go to my edd. W/ ds 2 I went 41 wks 6 days, ds 2 I went 39 wks 6 days so who knows.

As far as family hist. goes my mom had me almost 2 wks late and my brother almost 2wks early. Doesn't tell me much. I tend to labor similarly to her (according to my dad as my mom died when I was 19).

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 11-18-2006, 02:46 AM

I only have one previous kiddo, but I'm "due" the 16th, and expect babe to actually show up later.
DD arrived at 43w5d.

I'm the oldest of 10, all of us were at *least* 2 weeks late. Same with my mom and her sibs, and my grandma and hers (all that were not induced).

Sooo... I plan to carry long- I scheduled my blessingway and belly pics for 38 weeks- evidence that I'm sure baby won't show up until at least 39.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I noticed that many of us chose early dates (me included) For me it is definitely wishful thinking....

My mom went 5 or 6 days over w/me (her first), a couple days with my sister, 6 weeks!!!!! with my brother (no her dates weren't wrong....he came out almost 11 lbs. and my mom said he didn't look anything like a newborn, he was a baby), and my other brother was 4 weeks late - I guess I am just hoping to have this baby this year!

If I labor like my sister - she was 1 day early with her first and with her next 3, she was scheduled for inductions with all of them, but didn't quite make it, which means she went 41+ a few days with all of them...so I will probably be around here for a while

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 AM

I chose a later date because I've gone over with both, by 4 days and 6 days. This one's feeling a little different, though...but it's wishful thinking for me to assume I'll deliver early, most likely
My sisters don't have any kids yet. Mom went over with all but one of us (there are 4 kids in my family).

User Tag List